2014 Sesame Street Emmy Noms

Drtooth

Reaction score
News broke at Tough Pigs

• Outstanding Pre-School Children’s Series – Sesame Street
  • Outstanding New Approaches – Enhancement to a Daytime Program or Series – Sesame Street
  • Outstanding New Approaches – Enhancement to a Daytime Program or Series – Sesame Street: Little Children, Big Challenges: Incarceration
  • Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Series – Leslie Carrara-Rudolph (as Sigrid, Carrie, Flantine, Velvet and Old Lady)
  • Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Series – Joseph Mazzarino (as Stinky, Murray and Davy Jones)
  • Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Series – David Rudman (as Baby Bear and Cookie Monster)
  • Outstanding Writing in a Children’s Series – Sesame Street
  • Outstanding Directing in a Children’s Series – Sesame Street
  • Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Direction – Sesame Street
  • Outstanding Achievement in Multiple Camera Editing – Sesame Street
  • Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing – Live Action – Sesame Street
  • Outstanding Achievement in Sound Editing – Live Action – Sesame Street
  • Outstanding Original Song – “ABC’s of Moving”
  • Outstanding Original Song – “Rhymes with Mando”
  • Outstanding Achievement in Costume Design/Styling – Sesame Street
Almost forgot someone wasn't a cast member anymore.

Anyway, David, Joey, and Leslie all got actor noms. I'm surprised that Leslie's not nominated for being Abby.... more surprised that it doesn't say Leslie for "Every female character when Carmen and Fran aren't on set that day."

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Now that I know Leslie did Sigrid, that's kinda disappointing. Leslie was basically the only female performer that they gave one-off characters to this season. I love Leslie, but I want them to give the other females one-off characters.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Now that I know Leslie did Sigrid, that's kinda disappointing. Leslie was basically the only female performer that they gave one-off characters to this season. I love Leslie, but I want them to give the other females one-off characters.
Well, maybe the other female performers weren't available as much as Leslie was.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I love Leslie doing any character as much as I hate any Joeys character screaming all the time in every episode. Why people complain about Leslie performing many characters and not doing the same on Joey? He plays Murray in every episode as host and besides he always has characters in every street scene...

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I love Leslie doing any character as much as I hate any Joeys character screaming all the time in every episode. Why people complain about Leslie performing many characters and not doing the same on Joey? He plays Murray in every episode as host and besides he always has characters in every street scene...
You are absolutely right. Ever since Season 40, I hated Murray due to the fact that he was being seen way too often!

muppetlover123

Reaction score

I agree Joeys characters always scream and it gets pretty annoying!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, maybe the other female performers weren't available as much as Leslie was.
I've been saying that for a while now.

Seriously, toy buying public... get more Sesame Street stuff so they actually have a budget next time.