25 things dissapearing from America

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
19. Drive-in theaters have been extinct for a LONG TIME, what with crime and everything.QUOTE]

I've got a drive-in movie theater just 25 minutes from where I live. It's always crowded with people.

Back to the subject at hand....

Things dissapearing: The fact that more people care about making more money while ripping on the little people. There was a time where people actually needed people to do work and would pay them well enough to live on. Now big companies are exporting jobs to cheaper venues for cheaper labor which means the companies save on labor hire whicn in turn makes them more richer.

If one was a blue colar worker, he or even she could get by with their salary and raise a family and not worry about a thing. That was 20 years ago. Now a days you see both parents working and having a hard time trying to provide for their family,

Another thing disappearing: the value of a college education. 20 years ago or more, if you were to graduate from college, you could make a really good living in whatever chosen major you graduated with in any chosen career. Now you read and hear about college graduates taking on low paying jobs becoming underemployed, You hear college graduates accumulating large amounts of debt and can't pay it off because they either can't find a job or have to take on a low paying job if not a few low paying jobs just to pay off their debt.

Now a days you have to get masters degree in order to make a lot of money, if that was your intention all along while in college. Not unless you can do something in the medical field or become some sort of engineer with having a bachelors degree. Things have changed in the past 20 years regarding the value of a college education.

*Those are some points that I wanted to address that are sadly dissapearing.*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's like cats. You always hear about them heading directly towards people who are allergic to them, too.

It's a conspiracy! :wink:
Yeah, lol.

My mom HATES cats (sorry Skye and Kathy), but they ALWAYS head right for her whenever see her... they'll start rubbing up against her legs, pur, plop down on her feet, look all cute and lovable, meanwhile she looks like she wants to throw up.

Same with me and dogs, I hate dogs, but they always mosey up to me, sniff me, sometimes stand on their hind legs to give me a hug...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
24. Of course the family farms are disappearing, nobody works on farms anymore!
I live on a farm kiddo. I have a neighbor next door that raises corn. I see places that are still growing wheat. My next door neighbor raises cattle.

I'll get some pictures for everyone to see the place! I'll even take pictures of the two donkeys for your viewing pleasure!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
BEES? Oh gosh...no! D: FOOD..!
So important!

I actually still have my vcr...x)
I'mma never throw THAT away.
It'll be an antique once I reach that ripe old age...;P

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
The disappearance of honey-bees is an extremely serious problem (I'm not being sarcastic.) Without honey bees to pollenate plants on farms, the price of produce is going to go through the roof (as if it isn't already high.) Because the fewer the bees, the more bee-keepers will charge. And the more bee-keepers charge, the more expensive it will become to run a produce farm. And yes, farms do really keep their own bee hives to pollenate the plants.

;_; I know! Oh no, poor bees!
This is a very serious problem.

I remember when they penetrated my room, though, and that wasn't too pleasing. But I feel dreadful for assisting the cause of bee decline....as I....killed them in the process....*Hangs head*

And I call myself an animal lover/humanist!

:cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Alright already, forget what I said about the froggin' bees!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I heard on some news program that bees have some sort of virus now that is causing bees not to live longer as they had in the past, meaning less work bees are doing to ensure more plants and so forth grow in other places. But scientists aren't sure if this is directly linked to he possiblity of global warming (which scienetists are still speculating) or if this is just a virus that bees will eventually develope an immunity from and start to live longer again.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Alright already, forget what I said about the froggin' bees!
Well, it's not that bees aren't annoying, it's that we don't realize how important they are to our survival.

Daniel

Beakerfan

Reaction score
I live on a farm kiddo. I have a neighbor next door that raises corn. I see places that are still growing wheat. My next door neighbor raises cattle.

I'll get some pictures for everyone to see the place! I'll even take pictures of the two donkeys for your viewing pleasure!
Lol, I live in farmland myself. (I know, everyone's like California? What farmland?) It is amazing how many farms there are when you actually take a look at it. Especially dairys and beef barns. Oh gosh. I'd say, next to grapes, California's top produce is beef and dairy.