25th anniversary card released?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What is it with the darn floating Miss Piggy head? Does Henson not have any talented artists these days? Geez! I had hope that they had come to their senses after the Rhino CD had the classic group shot with the original Piggy head.

I hope the pictures appear better than the screen snaps. I'm really not that impressed with the cards. :frown: They could have done much better. Some of the images are fun, but most don't seem that noteworthy. I'll probably get them. Just not that stoked about them.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
The Janice mystery

But what the heck is BEHIND Janice???

:confused:

And no, I don't mean the curtain, I do know what that is...but I'm talkin' about the piece o' denim behind her right shoulder?? Weird, weird...

Also cool that she's in the background of Kermit #3, but there's no pic for VH!! And they have one for PIS!

:mad:

Ryan

Reaction score
Re: The Janice mystery

Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man
But what the heck is BEHIND Janice???

:confused:

And no, I don't mean the curtain, I do know what that is...but I'm talkin' about the piece o' denim behind her right shoulder?? Weird, weird...

Also cool that she's in the background of Kermit #3, but there's no pic for VH!! And they have one for PIS!

:mad:
That's Janice's denim dress we never see. The picture was obviously reversed (GRRR) because we can see Richards shoulder/arm on the left hand side. Also note that Janice is playing the gee-tar with her right hand. :mad:

The pictures are nice (besides the floating head Piggy's), but some of them have been messed with, like the Gonzo one. Looks very...."Photoshop-y"

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
What is it with the darn floating Miss Piggy head? Does Henson not have any talented artists these days? Geez!
Nope, not until paychecks with your name on it begins being circulated, if you know what I mean?

I'm kind of disappointed in the Fozzie Bear card, not very representative of his personality at all!

I think I really liked the Zoot card, the composition of it I mean.

Many were kewl!! Rowlf, I liked.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
yeah, wow that pigs in space card look very funny with piggys head like that, they should have just left it, they didn't though the other piggys besides for the 2nd group shot....by the way cuts out robin frog...:mad:

these could have been better and had more muppets too like lew, crazy harry and beau.

beaker

Reaction score
What is it with the darn floating Miss Piggy head? Does Henson not have any talented artists these days?
Um, actually my sources tell me JHC is down to Rivkin, Eddie the janitor, a water cooler with glued on googly eyes, a couple penguins, and that NBC pipe closet thingy the Muppeteers painted in the 60's.

But yes, just gotta love the history revisionist piggy head swap o matic. Man, Ive seen better graphic crafstmanship in the fan art gallery in the back of Sesame Street magazine!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Eddie the janitor,
Conspicuously looks like George the Janitor....wait, it is George! I guess they're only down to Rivkin and the water cooler.

beaker

Reaction score
Conspicuously looks like George the Janitor....wait, it is George! I guess they're only down to Rivkin and the water cooler.
(Ok, Im gonna repeat myself here, but what the hey)

I guess that's why I tend to poke fun at Disney. Here they are this juggernaut of Americana, a huge corporation beyond the imagination that even owns its own island...and then there is our beloved JHC...which sadly isnt too far from a broom closet in Manhattan with a nice stain glass window these days.

At this downsizing/scaling back/entropic tetris block rate...
JHC could end up being little more than an employee break room and some spare half ping pong balls. Maybe it all needs to go back to that coat and ping pong balls. Maybe in the enveloping swirling chasm of entropy(man i sure use that expression a lot!)
these days were all headed for a small local access puppet show in Washington DC. Hopefully Valentine is our ticket outta this mess.