1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

3-2-1 Contact Memories

Discussion in 'Sesame Worlds' started by Ilikemuppets, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I figured that sense this is a CTW show that it would be appropriate to put in this section. So this thread is dedicated to the science show that was one of the best ones PBS has ever had in my opinion. Share your memories or feel feel to discuss the show or what it meant to you. (For those of you who remember or grew up with it.) So here's to you 3-2-1 Contact!

Here's a clip about how light and color work at a KISS concert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVJcaYJmRSM
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

I watched it and I got the magazine for years and years afterward..it was a sad day for me when they renamed it :(
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Classic '80s TV goodness that came on after Sesame Street everyday, always loved it, hehe.
  4. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I have to say that I really loved the classroom version as well! When I was little this was one of my favorites and science ended up being my favorite subject in school!

Here's a clip about the making of the theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmQWtGn889E
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Bloodhound Gang!

The bloodhound gang was one of the best segments of the show and I used to not be able to wait for it come on while watching an episode. But here's the episode The Case of the Thing in the Trunk. Notice how he didn't have the gun turned directly at the kids. You know I can't help but think that a lot of this could be solved so muhc sooner and quicker if they just had sell phones! But then again, what fun would that be? heh!

Part one

part two
  6. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

There were a couple of SS episodes in the early 80's were Mr. Hooper's brother came to visit and the actor who played him played the older theif in the Bloodhound episode you mentioned.

Another from that time was The Case Of Mr. Q.

It was about some thief who worked his way into some lab that had something to do with pigeons and something else and this thief who's real name was Mr. Booster used the pigeons to steal whatever it was he wanted.
  7. The Shoe Fairy

The Shoe Fairy Active Member

Maybe that is the origin of the name of the band "The Bloodhound Gang".
    I really don't think that the KISS concert was the best example, cause the band with the make up and everything, could freakout little kids. Lol.
  8. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

It is where the band got their name by the way. And this show was for older kids then Sesame street was. As far as for it scaring little children, it was for older children... More around the eight-ish through twelve crowd...

Here is the shows second theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gEAQQCFlNM

By the way Mike. Here is "The Case of Mr. QuickFingers" if this is the one you're talking about.

Part one

Part two

Brings back instant memories!
  9. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

What do you mean by is this how the band got their name?
  10. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

Well, there is a band with the same name and they admittedly got the name from the Bloodhound Gang Segment from 3-2-1 contact.

Here's a segment from the show having to do with animal eye's. It's entitled "Jeepers Creepers"! I remember this one so well!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImohsoewRD4
  11. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Sorry but that wasn't the same episode I was referring to.

Anyway another thing I noticed that it seemed like most of TBHG episodes were filmed on days with little or no sun.

Just like the SS number painting films.

Of course I didn't watch any of the following 321 Contact years other than season 1.
  12. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

13. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

I remembered the Bloodhound Gang! It is my favorite 3-2-1 Contact! Oh! Do you remember I forgot who played Mark in 3-2-1 Contact!
  14. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Think his name was Leone Grant.

At least I got his first name right.
  15. JEANYLASER

JEANYLASER Member

thanks for the info!
  16. FrogInTheGlen

FrogInTheGlen New Member

I don't remember much about the tv show, but I got the magazine for years. I can't for the life of me remember what they changed the name to....:confused:
  17. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

They never changed the name of the show.
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

19. FrogInTheGlen

FrogInTheGlen New Member

Actually, I meant the magazine. I could have sworn they called it something different at one point....
  20. Davina

Davina Member

hrm.. just realized i still remember the theme to that show.. hehehe loved it as a kid, too. always wanted more from it... and to this day I can't see an actual bloodhound dog without thinking immediately of the show (in fact just saw one earlier this week in a parking lot...)
    but there is a show that needs to come back out on dvd..