30 Years of MTM and 15 Years of MFS

Muppet Master

Reaction score
July 13,2014 and July 14,2014 mark the 30 and 15 year anniversaries of MTM and MFS respectively. Share your thoughts, and if you've seen it in theaters, your theatrical experiences.

Eyeball

Reaction score
I saw MFS in the cinema, wow it was a long time ago I don't think I can remember much, though I do remember being awfully excited for it but getting rather restless during the movie as let's face it a 6 year old with ADD isn't really going to keep focus at the cinema now is he? But I remember when it finished and thinking it was great but was left wondering where all of the songs went (well the original ones anyway).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This year also marks the 35th anniversary of TMM.
Of course, happy birthday to TMM to, but it seems weird to have an anniversary every five years, maybe every decade or so, and what is cool is that their anniversaries are on the same year, and both films are owned by the same company.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Of course, happy birthday to TMM to, but it seems weird to have an anniversary every five years, maybe every decade or so, and what is cool is that their anniversaries are on the same year, and both films are owned by the same company.
Yep, we've got 3 anniversaries going on this year. ( And, I do find that cool.)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't see the original 3 Muppet movies in theaters (not quite old enough)- but I do recall going to see all the Muppet movies in theaters, from "The Muppet Christmas Carol" forward. As to "Muppets From Space"- I too noticed that there weren't original Muppet songs there, but mainly I just enjoyed going to the movies and watching it. It was fun seeing some of my favorite "Muppets Tonight" characters mixed in with the classic Muppets- and seeing them all in the boarding house together. And the movie had both "Brickhouse" by The Commodores and "Celebration" by Kool & The Gang in it, so I was pretty happy with those for music choices- two favorite songs for me.:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:
So yeah- overall, I loved this movie, along with all the other Muppet movies!
And "The Muppets Take Manhattan" is just classic- love it! It was one of the last Muppet movies I saw though- for some reason, I could never seem to find that on video until it was rereleased to VHS in 1999.
"The Muppet Movie" is the ultimate classic- I'm pretty sure I've probably seen that one the most... I love watching it every time.
And for the record, though I don't like some of the "edgy" parts, I generally enjoy "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" pretty well. I particularly like some of the music from it.:smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I didn't see the original 3 Muppet movies in theaters (not quite old enough)- but I do recall going to see all the Muppet movies in theaters, from "The Muppet Christmas Carol" forward. As to "Muppets From Space"- I too noticed that there weren't original Muppet songs there, but mainly I just enjoyed going to the movies and watching it. It was fun seeing some of my favorite "Muppets Tonight" characters mixed in with the classic Muppets- and seeing them all in the boarding house together. And the movie had both "Brickhouse" by The Commodores and "Celebration" by Kool & The Gang in it, so I was pretty happy with those for music choices- two favorite songs for me.:big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo:
So yeah- overall, I loved this movie, along with all the other Muppet movies!
And "The Muppets Take Manhattan" is just classic- love it! It was one of the last Muppet movies I saw though- for some reason, I could never seem to find that on video until it was rereleased to VHS in 1999.
"The Muppet Movie" is the ultimate classic- I'm pretty sure I've probably seen that one the most... I love watching it every time.
And for the record, though I don't like some of the "edgy" parts, I generally enjoy "The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" pretty well. I particularly like some of the music from it.:smile:
Ya, it is pretty strange that MTM was so scare back then, yet now it is the eaisest to find on non-cable TV, and the DVD can be found at basically any store most of the time for a mere $5, MTM has really changed over the years concerning how difficult or easy it is to find the film anywhere, though one thing has not changed, I still can not get enough of the film whatsoever.