6 ft. tall Kermit the Frog

MarkEck

Reaction score
I currently have a Jim Henson's Kermit the frog plush Giant over 6 feet tall and over 7 feet wide. the orginal tag still on the doll shows to be made by Applause. I cannot find any information on this.

It it Rare?

My wife Loves Frogs. and she bought this at a Dept Store in San Francisco, Ca. over 8 years ago and I know she paid alot for it. well to say the least it has been sitting in the attic for the last 8 years due to the fact she has no more room to display it.

I know it must be a collectible. I hope somebody reading this will be able to help me out.

Thanks. :smile:
New Poster
Mark.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi, Mark. I'm not familiar with it. Can you post a picture (or if you get it online send me the link because I don't think it lets you post pix until after a certain number of posts).

Anyway, what's she asking? She may do well on e-bay. In reality, something is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it (that's collectible stuff), and the only real collectible is that which someone decides to add to his/her collection. I have a decent Kermit Collection.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have one and posed with it for the Muppet central season 2 cast photo.Due to the size and cost, I dont think they would of made that many.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, that thing looks huge!

(Sorry, I know that wasn't much help. It's just, WOW. Hehe)

muppetperson

Reaction score
Mine seems to look bigger.Your chair looks like an office chair, where as my Kermit takes up an intirer lounge chair.I couldnt find a tape measure in feet, but mine is around 1640 mm.

MarkEck

Reaction score
Actual Height and Length of Kermit the Frog

Kermit is 80 Inches Tall ( 2032 mm ) Tall and 92 Inches Arm Span Tip to Tip (2337 mm). Has a 48 Inch Waist (1219 mm).

The Poeple that said they have one this tall, how long have you had it, and would you consider it very valuable in price?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Are you measuring him to a level to the ground foot or a stretched out foot?
Anyway, mine must be the same.Mine was in a gift shop and vertually became part of the shop as a mascot.I guess it became part of the shop because it was hard to sell at Aust $665.50.However, the shop closed down in 2001 and they gave 40% off so I bought him for Aust$399.30.It would be worth a lot to the right person, but I could never part with my Kermit.He is priceless!!