600 Years

Lola p

Reaction score
hey all, this is my first fanficton, basicly describing how my fan character, Midnight, came to be with the muppets.

chapter 1: The Nightmare Begins
It was a cool fall evening in Canterlot. The sun began to sink below the horizon, and the moon would soon be out, full in all of its glory. This story starts off with our, with our main herione, Midnight, walking peacefully down the road to the royal canterlot palace. She lived here with her mother, Princess Luna. Her aunt Celestia also made short aprences, randomly at times. She had her own palace in the main part of Canterlot. She had not been over lately, however. it seemed that Luna and Celestai were almost worlds away, the only thing keeping them lightly in touch were their duties to raise the sun and moon every day. But tonight seemed, diferent somehow. Midnight could not place what was wrong with the world, but she knew deep down: somthing was about to happen. As she started to walk the steps to her mother's palace, she stopped to listen. Two ponies were inside, yelling at the top of their lungs at each other. Them she reconized the voices: they were her aunt Celestia and her mother, Luna! Slowly, she crouched to the ground, waiting till the sisters calmed themselves. But that calm never came. Insted, Midnight heard the whole argument: "Why must my night be so short! Screamed Luna, "and yet you, dear sister, get the best part of the day: the day itself!" This is when her aunt got mad. " How dare YOU complain about our duties!" Celestia yelled. "We both agreed that i would get the day, and you the night!"
"well, Celestia, all i am asking is the night to be a little longer than the day."
"By how many minetes?"
"Well, how about..... 5 hours."
"5 HOURS?!"
"Yes, that is my final offer: take it or leave it."
"And what if i refuse?"
Midnight's mother let out a dark chuckle: "Then, my dear sister, i will not lower the moon in the sky!"
MIdnight was shocked. her eyes glazed over in horror. how could her mother say these things?
Her thoughts were cutt of by Celestia's response
"Luna, um, sister... what is that.... gahering by your mane?"
"Oh, dear sister." her mother began "think of it as a, how should i say it, business partner. He will give me the power to resist you, take over our kingdom, and all he asks for in return is for me to banish you to the moon."
Midnight was cowering in fear. she started to shake. She didnt realize, however, that the constant shaking was moving her closer to the palace common room where the too sisters were debating. soon, she was noticlbe, away from her hiding place.
"Ah, Midnight. NIce of You to join us."
Celestia turned to her niece.
"Midnight, go to Sr. Starswirl The Bearded house. now!"
"Celestia, silence your self! My daughter wants to be with me! Come here, sweetie. come closer to mommy."
"You aare nott my mom!" Midnight stuttered
"Well, of corse i am!"
" i know you look like my mommy, but you are diferent. My mommy would never talk to aunt Celestia like that!
"NONSENSE!" Luna roared! "you shall come with me and like it!"
NO!
Midnight turned to see her aunt sheilding her with magic
"GO NOW!"
she started to leave. she ran down the steps, out into the main plaza of canterlot. when her hooves started to ached from running to hard, she started to fly. somtimes being an alicorn had its benifits.
However, right before she got to her old mentors house, a black, starry mist stopped her path. She looked, horrified at the mass. She started to back away, then a familar, but altered, voice filled her ears.
" Come to your mommy, darling"
Then, the mist cleared to give the view of where the voice was coming from: it was her mother. but, she looked so diferent. First, she had fangs. Her color was from pulelish blue to a dark, almost black purple. Her eyes were like a snakes. And the worst part: her hair. it was made up of the same starry mist that had blocked Midnight to her mentors home. Then, it finaly dawned on her: that was also the same substance that was on her mane earlier!
She started to back away again.Then, the mass reached out. and it.... started to grow up her leg. It was changing her aparance, just like it had done to her mom. It changed her coat from a dark pink to a complete black. Next, it changed her mane color from a light green to a deep purple, with light blue stripes streaking acrossed. And finaly, her eyes changed from a green to a dark blue.
The power that coarsed through her veins was intense. It was too intense.
The last thing she remebered was looking up at her mom's satified glare.

more to come later!

Lola p

Reaction score
Chapter 2: Waking up
I....I dont know how to descibe what it has been like...... these last 600 years. it has been horrible, to say the least. my time in acoma has been one long, endless nightmare. My Mother haunts my dreams. Will there ever be an end to this?
It seems like i have gotten my answer. I wake up to the sounds of beeping. Then I realize: I am in a hospital. I start to stir. Mabye it was all just a horrible dream. Mom will probaly be waiting just outside the door. Ya. And then we will go back home and eat chocolate and vanilla swirl ice cream. My faveriote. But then... Celestia walks in..... the look on her face..... it just tells me it all did happen. I remember all of it. Every last detail....... Celestia is sooo happy to have me back. She breaks down in front of me and tells me she thought she had lost too of her closest relatives in 1 day. And then she tells me that my sister, Cadence, was worried like crazy....... I just do not know what to think right now.....
Then, she tells me somthing that rocked my whole world.
"Dear" she began, on my final day in the hospital
"Yes?"
" I know how hard it has been.... loosing your mother, being gone for 600 years...."
"Ya"
"Well, i have been looking for a place for you to stay. I am sorry, but i cannot look after you.... i am to usy now, as i am the sole ru;er of Equestria.."
"Aunt Celestia, i didnt expect you to let me stay with you. So, where will I be staying at?
"Well, sweetie, that is the problem."
"oh"
"Well, the incident with your mother.... it was recent, and people still remeber it. that being said..... no pony feels "safe" around you."
"WHAT"
" i know. It is because of this we had to find you somewhere far from here."
"In, like, a distant kingdom or somthing."
"No, sweetie, it is on Earth. More specificly: Hensonville"
"WHAT? Aunt Celestia! You have to be kidding me!"
Earth was a.... seperate world. it was considered to be sort of a, how should i put this, downgrade from Equestria. So, my 1st thought on the subject was:
"Celestia! Why do you hate me to send me to Earth!"
"Sweetie, I do not hate you! I do this for your own good! i am giving you intill dawn to get your things together, and then we leave."
...................................................................................................................
at dawn:
So I exit my old room one last time. Then i am on my way to the portal conecting our two world. Celestia says she will come with me to get me settled into the boarding house. But she said after that, I am on my own.
I still cannot belive her choice! how DARE she treat me like an exile! A prisoner of war! This is an outrage! I am about to board the carage to the boarding house. As I step on, i take one last look at Canterlot. My home. I will leave everything behind by coming here. The carage is moving, i brace myself for the portal.

more to come!

P.S. My new profile picture is supposed to be Midnight!:smile:

Lola p

Reaction score
Chapter 3 : The Arival
So we arive at the other end of the portal. And my first thought was: this world is so.... edgy..... We then land on a grassy spot on what apears to be a front yard. In front of me is a huge (almost as big as my palace back in Equestria!) house, and a tye-dye, rainbow bus. As we land, frog comes out to greet us.

"Hello, my name is Kermit The Frog. You must be Midnight.

"yes hello. Nice to meet you Mr. The Frog."

"Oh please, Midnight! Mr. The Frog was my father's name!"

"Realy?"

"No, actualy it was Jim Henson."

"Oh, ok"

Then, he just starts talking to my aunt about stuff...... random things. Like emergency contact numbers, which technicly i dont think we will need, saying how we are literaly dimensions apart. Finaly, Celestia helps me move my stuff into my new dorm. I have no idea who it is... but whoever it is, I cannot hide how Excided I am. I mean, ya i don't like the circumstances, but still! I am in a whole diferent world! In a diferent dimension! I am ready for what ever fate throws my way!

As i start to enter the house itself, i gasp. There has to be, about just estimating, 100s of monsters, humaniods, pigs, frogs, sheep, etc! I have never seen this may peole in one house! As i navigate through the halls, i see a gigantic yellow bird in front of me. I stop and stare for a second, then walk away. then, i was walking a couple of spaces, and saw a hole in the wall. I asked Kermit if we should cover this up. His told us all to wait and watch for a second. I watched as 3 small, furry creatures came out of the hole.

"What are those!?"

"Oh, just fraggles. Hey! Gobo!

the one named Gobo responds:

"Yes, Kermit?"

"Come and say hi to our newest roomie!"

Gobo aproched:

What kind of silly creature are you?"

"Kind of what?"

"You know, silly creature!"

"Oh, i am an alicorn"

We then proceed to talk about each others species. It was, to say the least: AWSOME! Then Kermit ushers us to a flight of stairs, which we proceed to go up. We finaly reach my room. And I learn who my roomate is: A human named Don Music

Don is out getting new sheet music." Kermit explained

"Oh, ok, when will he be back?"

"Honestly, Midnight, i have no idea."

"ok, so lets just set my room up."

The next 3 hours is made up of unpacking, re aragnging, custimizing, and so on. Finaly, when we are done, Celestia tells us she must go. We say our goodbyes, and she leaves. Kermit tells me that if need help with anything, I can just ask.

So i am left here, alone again. i can't help but look out the window, wondering if my life will ever be good, and fun again. My thoughts are agian interrupted by a knocking at the door:

"Hello? New roomate, are you here?"

"Um. yes. In my bedroom."

Then he enters. he is carring about 2 bags full of sheet music. Then it just now hits me that there is a huge, black piano on one side of the room.

"You're... a pony?"

"Um, ya..." Wow, could this get any mor awkward?

Then he looks at my altered aperrance.

"Arn't ponies supposed to be all colorful and evertythng like that?"

"Ya, long story."

"Well, it is close to 3 hours intill dinner, so i think we have time"

I was shocked by his response.... it was.... kind. I let my guard down and tell him about my mother turning evil, and my coma. I find that i am crying after this, finaly letting my heart pour out to a random person i just met. At the end of my story, we just both lay there.... and for the first time in a long while, i was happy again.

But then a dark though popped in my head: Would this happiness last?

more to come!

ps: i dont own the muppets or my little pony.

Lola p

Reaction score
Chapter 4: Settling In
So, after about 3 hours of nonstop crying and venting, it is finally time for dinner. Kermit comes into our room and tells us to come down soon. As I make my way downstairs, I hear people talking excitedly.
“I heard she is a pony!”
“Why are you excited about that, it is just going to be another girl! Probably going to come in here with rainbows, and flowers, and-“
“Um” I start “ Are you talking about me?”
He turns around, and I have to stare at his shocked expression. He stares, gaping at my…. Scars…… the only park not tainted to a darker color my muzzle, and my hooves……
“Wow, you look…… possessed.”
“What do you mean?”
“I mean just look at you!”
“Hey! Kermit started, “Stop!”
“No, I mean just look at her! She is a freak!”
What?! How could he say this!
“Um, excuse me?!”
“Did you not hear me? Are your ears as messed up as you aperancnce?”
I couldn’t believe this…… I mean, my looks? Everyone in the room stood horrified at the person who said these things to me. I could curse him. Hex him. Turn him into a beetle. I could do anything to him. But….. I couldn’t do anything but…. Cry. Hard. I remember flying up to my room, and slamming the door shut behind me. I couldn’t help my appearance! It was my mother’s fault! She went crazy and did this to me! How dare she-
“Hello? Midnight, are you in here?”
It was Don.
“YA, have you come to mock me to?”
“No, Midnight, I came to comfort you.”
I was astounded by this…. His kindness was…. Incredible.
“Ok, fine.”
So there we were, again. Sitting there alone together. After a while, Don gets up. At first, I thought he was leaving, but about a minute later, I saw he was trying to play the piano. He was trying to play Fun’s We Are Young. He started out great… but then he hit a rough patch.
“give me a second I need to get my story strait.
My friends are in the bathroom, higher than the empire state
My lover she is waiting for me, just a crossed the bar
My seats been taking by a pair of sunglasses asking bout a scar.
~After the rest of the opening lines, he hits the chorus~
“Tonight! We are- we are-! I just can’t think of the rest of this chorus!
I speak up.
“I think that the word you are looking for is we are young.”
“Really?”
“Yes”
After that, he gets the rest of the lyrics right. And I begin to sing. And we make beautiful music….. It was so fun. After about 3 more times of this song, we start to power down….. And we start to get tired, and we both start to go to bed…. I hope that this marks a good spot for my week, for the rest of the days to follow…. and maybe the others to not to be so harsh on my appearance

More to come J

Lola p

Reaction score
Chapter 5: A Brand New Day
Ug. My head is whirling with all the things that have happened over the past couple of days. Or, isn’t it really centuries?
I have no clue
Well, either way, I am ready to face this new day. Whatever it may bring, whatever I have to deal with. I am ready. Don and I are about ready to go downstairs. Let’s see what happens
~Downstairs~
“Morning Don, morning Midnight.” Kermit’s greeting startles me.
“Uh, hi.”
I quickly take my place at the huge table that consumes most of the dining room. Looks like everything is going good! Wow, I was right! A new day, a ne-
“HEY!” someone roars behind me. “”What are you doing in my seat?”
I turn around and quickly face the man who called me out. It is none other than the man from yesterday!
“Oh, Ii.. I’m sorry!” I stutter. “I can move if you want me to!”
“Oh, look. If it isn’t little sparkler! Hang on there; I am sure I can find a flowery pink chair for you!”
A chorus of Muppets behind him starts to laugh. I can’t help but get agitated.
“Stop. “ I say in protest.
“You want me to stop?”
“Yes, please do”
“I agree with Midnight!” Don shouts from behind me.
“Shut your mouth music boy, or I bang your head against something other than a piano!”
“HEY” Kermit shouts, “That’s enough!”
“Well, what’s princess sprinkle sunshine gonna do about it if I don’t?”
“You don’t want to know. I am telling you. Last. Warning.”
“K, sparkler rainbow, whatever you say.” He then dumps me out of my seat, pushing my breakfast onto my back.
“THAT IS IT!”
I fly up 5 feet, so I am looking down on him, and make storm clouds swirl by my mane. Lightning flashes and my eyes start to glow. I begin to cackle evilly (hey, in my defense, my mother is the lord of darkness)
“HOW DARE YOU LAUGH AT ME? DON’T YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN THE PRESINCE OF ROYALTY? A WEALSEL KNOWS BETTER BEHAVIOR THAN THAT!”
This is about the time where most of the Muppets, fraggles, Gelflings, and other assorted creatures run out of the room screaming. The only people who remain are Kermit, Don, and the gang of Muppets.
“YOU KNOW WHAT; I SHOULD TURN YOU INTO A WEASEL FOR PUNISHMENT!”
“Midnight, no!” Don’s protest rises up against the clouds and lighting cracks.
I start to chant an old magic hymn my mother taught to me when I was still a young filly studying magic.
A couple of seconds later, I open my eyes to see if the spell worked. It did. Before me was not a humanoid, but a weasel. His body starts to shake in shock, and the few Muppets of his band that remained behind to see what happened. Finally run in away in shock.as I start to descend back to the ground. I am met by the horrified faces of Don and Kermit.
“I’m sorry, he just got on my nerves, and.”
“OK, so that gives you the excuse to turn him into a rodent?” Kermit yells over at my direction.
“No, but I mean, you saw him right? No apology, nothing! Just walking all over me and- and just- UG!”
“Midnight, you must learn to control your anger! If something like this happens again, I am going to have to evict you.”
“What?”
“You heard me, Midnight!” Kermit says.
“Ok, Kermit. I understand. I am sorry. I usually don’t let, my anger get the best of me. It’s just… it’s been built up for hundreds of (literally hundreds) years. I guess it just got to me.. I will change him back immediately.”
I say the spell again, just adding another verse to reverse the effects. After that, the Muppet comes up to me to say these words:
“Sparker, you better watch it from now on. You will regret this.”
His words shocked me… I mean, just wow. I guess I made a new enemy, got a bad reputation, and freaked the whole house out and, hey, it isn’t even breakfast! After all of the calamity, I just fly outside, and sit on the roof of the house. After a while, as usual, Don comes to visit me on the roof. We both just watched the day go by, and because of this, neither of us notices a fraggle watching us both from a distances, about to speak to us.

More to come.
Sorry I have been away from this, I just couldn’t seem to pick up where I left off. I should have the next chapter out soonish, so hang in there people!

I OWN NOTHNG! I OWN NOTHING! (except Midnight!)

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Wow! Love your story with magic and some darkness. There are Fraggles in "600 Years?" Oh my gosh! That's great! Please post more! Love it!!!!!

Lola p

Reaction score
Wow! Love your story with magic and some darkness. There are Fraggles in "600 Years?" Oh my gosh! That's great! Please post more! Love it!!!!!
Whats a good story without any fraggles? I am going to post more today, probaly in the next hour or two.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
Awesome! By thw way, fraggles are definitely the most scared of danger since they only weigh 22 inches. Yikes!!!

Lola p

Reaction score

Chapter 6: The Visitor

(It’s going to start off right where I left off)

“Wow, the sunset looks beautiful from up here.”

“Yea; almost makes you forget what just happened.” Don agrees.

“How far up are we? We have to be like, what, 6 stories up?”

“Actually, just 4 stories.” Don corrects.

“Really, wow. I guess that looks can be deceiving.”

Just then, we start to hear footsteps. I tense up, and so does Don.

“Do not tense up, child. You have nothing to fear.” The voice says

“Who are you, and why are you up here?”

“My name is Cantus. I am a traveling minstrel; I visit various places all over this world, and many others.”

“Wow, ok, Cantus; you still haven’t answered my question: why are you up here?”

“When I arrived, I happened to catch the episode that unfolded.” Cantus answers.

“How much did you see?”

“All of it.”

“Wow, the first person today besides Don and Kermit to not run at the site of me! Amazing!”

“Why would I run?” Cantus answers simply.

“Wait, you saw the whole thing downstairs right?”

“Right”

Then, why don’t you go run off and screaming, because there is a big and scary witch here!”

“Child, do you really think that in all of my travels I have not seen pisodes like the one downstairs?”

“Well, I guess you do have a point.”

“Yes, I do. Now please, tell me your story. Start from the beginning please.” Cantus says

“Err… can’t you just look up at the top of the page?”

Don nudges me:

“You aren’t supposed to break the fourth wall!”

“Oh, yes, right. Well, it starts like this:”

I OWN NOTHING! NOTHING AT ALL! (except Midnight)

More to come soon!