9/11 tribute parody

Teheheman

Reaction score
Sorry I'm late on this and this is probably on the wrong part in the forum, but I figured that this has nothing to do with the Muppets, and this is a significant thing that I have written. Only one word has changed, and that is the number. It says 6 years when it is originally 5. That is all. Hope you like it.

Daniel

11th of September
Daniel Croxton
Tribute to America: 2006
Written by Daniel Croxton(without permission by Big Kenny/John Rich)
Copyright 2006, Big D/Mikey 3 Entertainment

Said goodbye to his sweetie, as he left for New York City
To work in the Red, White and Blue
He was just 23, workin at WTC, just doin what he had to do
He stepped out of his Audi and started work calmly
Nothin else really happenin there
Then somebody said, "What's that ahead?"
There was a dark, evil cloud, then these buildings came down
On him and thousands more
Some left with their lives, but most of them died
On that early September Morn

Chorus:
On the 11th of September the angels were crying
As they carried those people away
With the smoke all around and the **** on the ground
There were few people standing that day
They'll pay for what they've done, to our daughters and sons
2001, 11th of September

It hasn't been long, since this man's been gone
This man that they had called Ray
It has been 6 years, but we still cry those tears
Like this happened just yesterday
God bless the people in DC
and the people in Philly
Those souls who gave up their lives
And the NYPD, and I'm not forgetting
The folks at the FDNY

Chorus:

They'll pay for what they've done, to our daughters and sons
The 11th of September the angels were crying
As they carried those people away
With the smoke all around and the **** on the ground
There were few people standing that day

Chorus

Said goodbye to his sweetie as he left for New York City
To work in the Red, White and Blue
He was just 23, working at WTC
Just doin what he had to do.

Drtooth

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding political....

You know what giant mystery still bothers me about 9/11? How can fire fighters go from being the world's greatest heroes that risked their lives to save whatever they could that day, winding up getting horrible respretory diseases, to "there's just not enough room in the budget for you anymore, since none of the big companies want to pay their taxes?"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Great parody, thanks for posting!

I totally know where you're coming from, Dr Tooth. America is a great country which does contain freedom and justice (at least compared to many many other nations). We are very fortunate. But when it comes to money, we are very weak indeed. Firefighters are given the star treatment by the government and on TV ("opium of the masses" indeed!), while in the meantime they have always been underpaid and underappreciated for the job they do. That's why I always feel that while patriotism is important, you can't use it to ignore real life issues.

While we're singing "America, the Beautiful" at all the tributes and the celebrity laden concerts, let us also remember the very real social problems we still have in this country. The very people who are being cheered and praised, still struggle everyday to feed their families. It a country so wealthy and so fortunate, it is inexcusable.

Drtooth

Reaction score
\I totally know where you're coming from, Dr Tooth. America is a great country which does contain freedom and justice (at least compared to many many other nations). We are very fortunate. But when it comes to money, we are very weak indeed. Firefighters are given the star treatment by the government and on TV ("opium of the masses" indeed!), while in the meantime they have always been underpaid and underappreciated for the job they do. That's why I always feel that while patriotism is important, you can't use it to ignore real life issues.

While we're singing "America, the Beautiful" at all the tributes and the celebrity laden concerts, let us also remember the very real social problems we still have in this country. The very people who are being cheered and praised, still struggle everyday to feed their families. It a country so wealthy and so fortunate, it is inexcusable.
Buying a "These colors don't run" bumper sticker manufactured in China does not count as patriotism. Instead of p***ing money away on cheap trinkets, these people should have shown their real support by giving to charities. 9/11 victims funds, supporting their local fire fighter and emergency response teams, getting treatment to the people who actually WERE there and did their best, pouring the blood and soul and taking huge risks to save what they could, the treatment they need.

Patriotism isn't buying books saying how the government is always right, written by a bunch of people who take a popular position on things for money. You don't have to be one side or the other to realize there are deep problems with even the best governments in the world.

A rant I will always post is that no matter what side of the fence someone in charge of the world is, they care mostly for whoever helps them get into power financially, and not the people who were snookered into voting for them in the first place.

I am not a communist, but I feel the rich that benefit from all this should have a duty deep down in their soul to help. Follow the examples of Bill gates and Oprah. It doesn't matter if they have some ridiculous agenda about it. We need to help those who are less fortunate.

If there's one thing we should have taken from 9/11 (not the attacks, mind you, but the curageous actions of the rescue teams and everyone else who did whatever they could) is that we should never try to make the world better by taking sides, and going to war at random. We should help people. The world should come together and make it a better place for others.

Unfortunately that is a pipe dream. Some heir to something will pretend to attatch on to religion and get people riled up and do things that their religion actually forbids. All in an attempt to take over the world. And it doesn't matter what religion, either.

So on this day, put away the money you were gettting the "Made in India" flag to pretend to show your patriotism. Instead donate it to some charity. it doesn;t matter which one. Just make sure you show your love for your country in the way it really matters. By just giving a little bit.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes I agree, giving to charity is one of the best gestures, not worrying about whether the flag is touching the ground or not, heh.

Yes it is sad and frustrating when religion is abused in that way. Thankfully religion and faith can also be used for comfort and social justice, in the right hands. A great deal of the charity we have in this country comes from religious groups. :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't mean for this parody to open up a subject for debate. I just meant for it to be a lasting tribute for those who have died in the attacks. Since I'm not rich and can't give ANY money to charities because I HAVE to save my money for other things, I now feel un-american not donating. What I feel we SHOULD do is get rid of politics. Seriously, if politicians wanna be elected, than follow your own dang agenda not your parties. But enough about that, I wrote a blog about it(I think) and unless asked, I'm not gonna say anymore. Thanks for the comments

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's something they said once on Monty Python that I wish I remembered word for word. Something about they're sorry they've been portraying politicians... something like that, and they said something about politicians being toadying and caring more about party unity over the people who elected them.

Something to that extent.

But what I am saying is that you should donate if you CAN. I can't aford beans myself. Otherwise I'd give. I would just love to have seen the "We will never forget" T's and other patriotic Brick a brack that people were buying having the profits donated to said charities. Instead it's in some greedy snot's bank account. Remember how horrified people where when they saw thieves taking advantage of 9/11 and starting up phoney charities to profit off how we were feeling at the time. it's the same thing, only they did it legally.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually that brings up a good point. Charity in the form of money is great, but it's not always realistic. Charity in the form of actions and donating time are just as important. :smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! It's come to the point where people are afraid to even donating money anymore because it's become so corrupt itself. That's doesn't mean that their aren't people out there giving.