9 Lesser Known Muppets Countdown

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I came across this link, that supposedly identifies 9 Lesser Known Muppets in the new Movie. I knew that these faces would not be unfamiliar to me, but thought it was an interesting idea for beginner muppet fans, so I took a look. I'll go through the 9 characters in the list, and I'm not reviewing the characters themselves, but rather, whether or not they should be on this "Lesser Known" List

http://www.screenjunkies.com/movies/movie-lists/9-lesser-known-muppets-youll-see-in-the-new-movie/

9 Lesser Known Muppets

Crazy Harry: My first reaction was "What?! who doesn't know him?", but I guess I understand it, he's been slowly getting more screentime latley, but overall hasn't been a big character, so it makes sense to re-introduce him

Lew Zealand: Along the same lines as Crazy Harry. Unless you've seen The Muppet Show with his boomerang fish throwing, you might not recognize him.

Pepe the Prawn: REALLY! Lesser Known?! I know he's newer than most Muppets, but he is far from lesser known, definitely does NOT belong on this list.

Marvin Suggs: Definitely belongs on this list. A classic one-note character that hasn't been in the spotlight in a long time

Bobo the Bear: Kinda 50/50 on him. He's had some pretty prominent roles in more recent Muppet productions, especially Muppets From Space, but he hasn't been as pushed to the front as Pepe has out of the "Muppets Tonight" gang

Beauregard: I'd love to say that he's a well known character, but Sadly Beau has not been given the screentime he deserves in my opinion. His prominence in The Great Muppet Caper apparently wasn't enough to give him lasting screentime, so he belongs on this list, and I'm glad he got a line in the new movie.

Sweetums: Definitely doesn't need to be on this List. People may not know his name, but they recognize Sweetums. He's the "go-to" Full Body Muppet for appearances. He's the Classic Gentle Giant.

80s Robot: Well he's Lesser Known, that's for sure, but that's because this is his DEBUT! By that standard, Walter should also be on this list. I'm also not sure if he officially qualifies as a Muppet.

Thog: I'm very glad Thog is on this list. To any non-Muppet Fanatic, I'm sure the question came up "who's that giant blue guy" I was so stoked that they re-built Thog, and that he gets to be seen in this generation after taking 3 decades off.

Now, for the Snubs, the "Lesser Known Characters" that Should be on this List, but weren't

Uncle Deadly: I was shocked that they left him out. He hasn't been in anything in 30 years, and he has a MAJOR part in the movie. If any Muppet needs to be introduced, it's Uncle Deadly.

Wayne and Wanda: They had their little kissing moment, which I thought was funny. I dare you to ask any Non-Muppet Fan and see if they've even heard of these two, the answer is probably no.

Bobby Benson:
He didn't have a line, but he had his moment at the end with his baby band, and I think he's worthy of this list.

Behemoth and Beautiful Day Monster: These two are definitely more "lesser-known" than Pepe, Bobo, or even Crazy Harry for that Matter. It could have been nice for people to actually know their names instead of just saying "those monsters"

Nigel the Conductor: He was a silent cameo, but this list could have been a chance for people to get a brief history of the band's conductor.

Those are my thoughts on this List, What's yours?

Puckrox

Reaction score
Some of them definitely belong on this list (Thog and Marvin Suggs mainly), but Pepe? That's a little surprising. And yes, Deadly really should've made it on the list!

Scooterforever

Reaction score
How about lesser known but still notable Muppets who didn't appear in the movie? Hopefully we'll see them in the next one. Here's my pics-

Annie Sue- Sort of a younger, cuter version of Miss Piggy, she naturally served as Piggy's occasional rival on the original show.

George the Janitor- Fairly prominent until Beuregard replaced him.

Pops- While lesser known, he had a good role in Great Muppet Caper, and did the cold openings in season 5.

Mulch- Like Uncle Deadly, he is a horror-themed Muppet, and like deadly, his original appearances are few and far between. He first appeared in season 5 in the Debbie Harry episode, getting a good amount of screen time, and appeared again in the "Nephew of Frankenstein" skit from "The Muppets go to the Movies." He wouldn't appear again until "Muppets Tonight," where he was paired with Dr. Phil van Neuter.