90's style guide sold on ebay

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just a note to point this one out.

Its a Henson Company Style guide from the early 90's............I think.

It sold for $611, amazing, but I got outbid :-(

Someone has got themselves a great item though on Xmas day.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&_rdc=1&item=290513986533&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp5197.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D290513986533%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&si=leCHycViYDMQOxA8%252F5ASnPSeNwM%253D&viewitem

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
And once again my link to ebay doesnt work, It always does this? Anyone know why?

I have the auction page open, highlight the url in the bar at the top of the page, right click, copy, then paste into the forum message, but it NEVER works, it always leads to a page that says the listing has been removed?

Does anyone in the know what is happening.

If someone can search for' Muppets style guide' in the completed items section and post a link, I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Chris

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

Happy Christmas.

In future just post the item number:stick_out_tongue: I don't know why the link doesn't work:confused: The item number for the 90's style guide is 290513986533

I have that style guide, it's from 1993 I believe, some of the pages/images were re-used again in 2005 Disney style guide, and on the Master Replica Muppet photo puppet boxes and some other Muppet Disney stuff.

muppetperson

Reaction score

Kermieuk

Reaction score
The mystery continues, none of us got it.

Just a thought, has anyone else ever wondered if the powers that be..............Disney, ever watch out for this stuff for there reference/archives? They would also have the power to pay massive unlimited amounts to ensure they win?

Just a thought, probably not the case but just a thought.

some of the pages/images were re-used again in 2005 Disney style

What else is in the guide Danny, anything else of interest, I did think a lot of the stuff was in the 2005 guide? Is it like a A4 ringbinder size?

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
The mystery continues, none of us got it.

Just a thought, has anyone else ever wondered if the powers that be..............Disney, ever watch out for this stuff for there reference/archives? They would also have the power to pay massive unlimited amounts to ensure they win?

Just a thought, probably not the case but just a thought.

Chris
Nuh, Disney would already have a copy.
There is another scenario in that the seller could of had another account and put a huge bid on it, hoping to be outbidded.
Anyone who pays $600 plus for the book has to be huge fans, like ourselves, and they would be on this forum and come forward.:confused:

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Nuh, Disney would already have a copy.
:
I did think that after I posted for the fact that a lot of these images are in the 2005 guide.

Has anyone managed to crack the code that ebay now uses to hide user names i***e? That has no reference to my User name? Or does it? Thats actually the last 2 letters of it with lots of stars in the middle?

I have also worked out who you are Muppet person, by checking user names and feedback scores, it looks like the system they use, is the second from last letter is the first letter, then three stars then the second letter, maybe it just picks random letters though!

Chris

muppetperson

Reaction score
I did think that after I posted for the fact that a lot of these images are in the 2005 guide.

Has anyone managed to crack the code that ebay now uses to hide user names i***e? That has no reference to my User name? Or does it? Thats actually the last 2 letters of it with lots of stars in the middle?

I have also worked out who you are Muppet person, by checking user names and feedback scores, it looks like the system they use, is the second from last letter is the first letter, then three stars then the second letter, maybe it just picks random letters though!

Chris
I think the random letters change. We will have to watch the Seller's feedback to see who he gives feedback to for the item!