1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

A 25th Anniversary Book?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by BlueFrackle, Apr 25, 2002.

1. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Hey Guys,
    i found this Spanish page with this info on it -

Gustavo, Peggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf y Animal cumplen hoy 25 años y para celebrarlo, estas navidades se pondrá a la venta un libro en el que podremos ver la historia de estos bichillos, a través de las miradas de los famosos que han pasado durante estos 25 años por el famosos programa de Televisión (Michelle Pfeiffer, Frank Sinatra....).

It says something about a book being relesed !

any ideas ?

See ya
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Translation

"Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf and Animal turn 25 this year and to celebrate, this Christmas there will be a book on sale where you'll be able to relive the history of these characters, through the eyes of the famous people who have appeared over the last 25 years on one of the most famous programes on Television (Michelle Pfeiffer, Frank Sinatra....). "

Me pregunto si hay algunos pingüinos?
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Luke,

Hey ,
    Yeah i already knew what it said.

i just wondered about the Book rthat they are talking about.

Thanks tho !

see ya
  4. Luke

Luke Active Member

Hey BlueFrackle,

Good that you've payed attention in Spanish class but i'm sure there were others who didn't have a clue so i guessed translation was needed ! LOL !

As for the book - i dunno - maybe it's an exclusive spanish release ? I guess it's something to email Henson about as i don't think there has been mention of it anywhere before.
  5. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

luke

Thank you very very much Luke!

Zack)Rowlf the,i was wondering why he didn't type it in English in the first place;) Nothing personal BlueFrackle,Dog.
  6. EmmyMik

EmmyMik New Member

You know, I took 3 years of Spanish in high school, and all that I learned was "Yo quiero Taco Bell."

That was from those Taco Bell commercials...
  7. Joggy

Joggy Member

"Conosco la Española como un camarero conosca el restoranto."

Roughly translated: my Spanish is terrible.
  8. Joggy

Joggy Member

Roughly translated: the only thing worse than my Spanish is my Dutch.
  9. Joggy

Joggy Member

And I even find different translations for that sentence.

Roughly translated: I seriously need a dictionary.
  10. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Spanish Class...

I took one year of it and flunked horribly. The only spanish I know I learned from Sesame Street, so I can count to 10. That should help me in a few days when I go to Cancun Mexico on May 16th.

Counting to 10 and "si."

FOZ
  11. towels

towels New Member

For Foz's trip

Don't forget the single most important word to know when traveling in spanish speaking lands- ban~o (ban-yo).
    It means little bears room.
  12. Fozzie Bear

Okay, how do you say "Please don't shoot the comedian bear" or "Please stop flinging vegetables at the bear" in Spanish?

FOZ
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir!! Sorry! I feel like such a doofus. And I used to know Spanish so well. Least I'm better than Peggy Hill! Is the book an American or English book? All I can tell is the book note must be from Spain, because Kermit is called Gustavo, while in Mexico, he is known as La Rana Rene!
  14. towels

towels New Member

Bebidas estan en la casa!
  15. Fozzie Bear

I *DO* know that before you play Karate and throw starfish at a giant cockroach, you say: "Mee casa es suuuuuu casa!"

Gonzo taught me that in MTI. That, and how not to light the rat.

FOZ