1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

A BIG Happy Birthday to our beloved Jerry!

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Boober_Gorg, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Dear Mr. Nelson,

All the people of Muppet Central, including myself, would like to wish you a happy birthday. We hope the 69th year of your life brings you joy and happiness and all the other good things that come from being alive. We love you and we love what you do. We can't thank you enough for delighting us Muppet fans with your magnificent performances as Muppets such as :sing: and :crazy: and :smirk: and the occasional :zany:.

And, as The Count would say,
    THAT'S 69 VONDERFUL YEARS!! AH AH AH AH AH AH!

A toast!:)
  2. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

toast? can I have butter?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

May your life be filled with cheeriness! (and if that's not a word, you know what it means)
  3. Tztz

Tztz Member

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :crazy: :crazy:
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

:sing: Hippy Bathday. :sing:
  5. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
  6. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Jerry,

Thank you so much for all the laughter and mayhem that you have brought us. I dont think that anyone else in the world has entertained me more than you.

So i want to say...

:smirk: :boo: Happy Birthday ! :crazy: :sing:

Thanks!
  7. Luke

Luke Active Member

Happy Birthday Jerry - Thanks for all the great characters and memories you've given us !
  8. matleo

matleo Active Member

Happy Birthday, Jerry!

Hope things are well at the "Home for the Chronically Groovy". Thanks for all the joy, madness, mayhem, and love you've given us! Enjoy the day and enjoy the year!

--Matt

p.s.--LOL, I just sent you a fan letter too and didn't realise I was so close to the big day. otherwise I would have filledi t with b-day wishes. Whoops!! oh well. Enjoy it anyway (the letter and the birthday)
  9. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Jerry Nelson!

YAY!! You're probably THE most talented individual I've ever almost met (during MuppetFest)! Back then I was Fozzie Bear, but spelled it FOZZI3B3AR. All the voices and characters and singing and everything you do is totally amazing to me. From tiny Robin to Count von Count to the ever so cool hipster Floyd, you have made a mark in my heart for the art of puppetry.

You are an inspiration to us all, and we thank you and love you--yep, strangers love you--and you can't get stranger than us!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my entertainment idols!!

Sincerely,
    Kevin/FOZ
  10. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

Happy Birthday Jerry, I admire all your work very much. Like Jim, you have made helped make the world a better place with your fantastic characters!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :sing:
  11. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Jerry,

It is hard to put into words what you truly mean to us. Since the middle sixties, you have been an integral and foundational part of the Henson franchise that has made Henson what it is today. Your heart and character shines through in everything you do. From the countless musical talents to the puppetry mastery, you have filled our lives with joy that we will continue to share with generations to come.

Since the early days of Muppet Central in 1998, you have been a dear friend and a supporter of the site. We can't thank you enough for what you have meant to us over the years. To celebrate your birthday, we have given you a tribute banner on the front of Muppet Central.

In honor of Jerry's birthday, here is a poem that veteran Muppet writer Jerry Juhl wrote a few years ago...
    Halfway down the stairs
    In a New York State of Mind
    Sit all of Jerry's characters
    Observing humankind.

The Count is counting
    Saints and dorks
    While Herry hums
    And Strangepork porks.

And Lew throws fish
    That boomerang
    And hit the trash heap
    With a bang.

And half the stairs are up
    And half the stairs are down
    And Floyd sits in the middle
    With a froglet of renown.

"Why are we on this middle stair!"
    Says Robin with a frown.
    "Why aren't we in the country?
    Why aren't we in the town?"

But Floyd just pauses in mid-riff
    To smile and calmly say,
    "Cuz fearless leader brought us here
    So this is where we'll stay."

- Jerry Juhl, June 1999
    Jerry, we wish you the happiest of birthdays. May the coming year be full of blessings, happiness and good health for both you and your family.
  12. HeraLirambar

HeraLirambar New Member

Happy Birthday! You rule!

:sing:

Seriously, you're great and talented and stuff. ^_^
  13. Happy Birthday, Jerry!!!

You have got to be the most versatile of the Muppet performers -- you do such a wide range of characters. You just astound me. thanks for so many years of blessing us with all your talents. Stay young!!

--"Scary" Larry Wolf
  14. radionate

radionate New Member

Happy Birthday Jerry!!!!

Thanks for being such an inspiration to countless individuals around the world.

Thru your characters, you have taught the world to love, be strong, count, and smile.

Thank you for everything you have given me; the dreams, hopes, inspirations, comic sensibility, and love.

You are one of my idols, and I will forever be in debt to you.

Much love and continued health to you on this special day.
  15. matleo

matleo Active Member

On honor of Jerry's birthday, I'd like to take the time to payback a little favor he once did for Muppet Central. Ready guys?.....

ok, quick show of hands, who here loves Jerry Nelson??

**everyone throws hands up and applauds wildly**

Thanks for always being the best, Jerry.

--Matt
  16. teebs

teebs New Member

Both my hands are up- way up.

Thanks for being so incredibly wonderful. I truly appreciate all that you've done and continue to do to entertain people the world over. You're awesome and we love you Jerry!

Have a great birthday!! :sing:

-teebs
  17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I LOVE the Jerry tribute menu at the front of MuppetCentral.com!!! :boo: :sing: :smirk: :crazy: :zany:
  18. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

Guys,

There are so many things I want to say, And to say all of them is impossible.

So i want to give this quote, Which made me laugh so loud. Its so easy for Jerry's Muppets to make me happy.

Lily Tomlin: "Arent you guys Family TV?"

Scred: "HeII yes."

Something as small as that, The way Jerry carried it off just had me in a fit of laughter for so long.

:sing:
  19. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Harry ( :crazy: ) Birthday Jerry ! ;)
  20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Mattleo got two posts so what the...

In my last post I didn't say that I think that you are a great performer. And that Count is my favorite Street character. Both of those are true, and Thank You, Thank You and never give up on the Muppets.