A big rhinocerox

abiraniriba

Reaction score
A while back I had a casette tape of a collection of car songs by Kermit for kids. It was entitled "Are We There Yet." Unfortunately, my tape was destroyed by my daughter. One of the songs on it was called "Grandma Called." It started of with a child singing "Grandma called me the other night. She said 'Coming for a visit?' And I said alright. 'Pack your toothbrush, pack your socks, and don't forget a bag of rocks.' 'A bag of rocks?' 'Yes, a bag of rocks.' so in my suitcase, here's what I packed, a toothbrush, socks, and a bag of rocks.'"
It continues like that repeating the previous things and adding more and more ridiclous items as it goes on. At the end of the song the poor kid is packing a big rhinocerox in his suitcase. Does anyone else remember this song and have the complete lyrics?

peyjenk

Reaction score
I don't remember the song, but I remember the tape! My siblings and I loved the "Are We There Yet?" song, and our parents promptly forbade us from singing it. :big_grin:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
I remember this! Loved it too. Now a few years later of not even listening to it, my younger brother starts singing "Seatbelts On" whenever we get into the car. :stick_out_tongue:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Also, anyone remember the song with the buses? I used to love it because whenever we listened to it in the car, my dad would honk the car's horn along with the song. Aah... good times with that cassete...Sorry for the double post, the editing process wasn't working.

kelbelle

Reaction score
A fish and whistle and and an old tin box and an egg and a pickle and a couple of clocks