A book on pop culture and... Grover! (please help)

Grovermania

Reaction score
Hello everybody! :smile:

I just joined Muppet Central and am really impressed by the amount of information that can be found here! I'm a francophone living in Montreal, and even though I couldn't speak or understand English in my youth, I frequently encountered Sesame Street, via the TV shows and the (translated) books; Grover has always been my favourite character (hence my nickname). I wanted to share with you a project that I'm presently working on.

As part of my doctoral studies, I'm preparing a little book on several aspects of popular culture - it will include chapters on comic books (both American and European), video games… and, if my wish comes through, Grover. I have already jotted down several pages of notes about this. My problem is that I don't have access to most of Grover's classic moments from the 1970s and 1980s, and thus I can't really delve into the character's whole "career". My collection of Grover skits on VHS or DVD is ridiculously meagre, being limited to the excellent A Celebration of Me Grover DVD.

So here is my question: would some fervent Sesame Street fans be willing to trade me either SS episodes from the 1970s/1980s/early 1990s, or home-made tape(s) with many Grover sketches? I know that buying such tapes is not permitted on these forums, so we could arrange a trade of some sort (I have several non-Muppet comics, albums and books that could interest some of you...). I don't want to profit in any way from these tapes: I'm interested in them as a fan and as a writer!

Needless to say, I will credit those of you who provided me with Grover material – and the Muppet Central web site itself – in the final version of my book!

Can you help me…? Don't hesitate to contact me if you're interested! :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Hello there. I'm also a big fan of Grover. Sorry not to drive away what your saying but thats one of my roommates on here. "Muppet Collage Dorms" thread. As well as Cookie Monster and Herry Monster too. But I have seveal of Grover stuff and Plushes. What do you have to trade? Do you have any Muppet stuff? But I wouldn't mind doing this for you until I see what you have. I don't want to seem rude if I do. I'm not trying to. Sorry if I am. But give me email.

goodwillykyle@sbcglobal.net