A Celebration of Rowlf

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(A clip montage of Rowlf moments play over audio of Rowlf performing Cottleson Pie. After the song ends, a special logo, reading "A Celebration of Rowlf" and featuring Rowlf's head inside the "O" in "of appears)
Announcer: Ladies and Gentlemen, it's time for "A Celebration of Rowlf", the first Mupet to achieve national stardom. And here is the host of the evening, Kermit the Frog!
Kermit: Hello, there. Welcome to "A Celebration of Rowlf", celebrating one of the best piano players in the world.
Rowlf: Aw, thanks.
Kermit: And now here is Rowlf's first comedy partner, Baskervile the Hound.
(the audience applauds)
Baskervilel: Hello. (faces Rowlf) Hi, Rowlf!
Rowlf: Hi, Baskervile!
Baskerville: Me and Rowlf worked together back in 1962, being spokesdogs for Purina Dog Chow. And here are some of those commercials.
(Four different Purina Dog Chow commercials are shown)
Rowlf: (blowing nose) My, those really brought back memories.
Kermit: And those commercials soon led to Rowlf being a regular on The Jimmy Dean Show.
Rowlf: In fact, I got more fan mail than Jimmy Dean did.
Kermit: I know. Anyway, here are some clips.
(a montage of clips from Rowlf's Jimmy Dean Show sketches are shown)
(Rowlf is seen in a pile of letters)
Rowlf: This is a third of the fan mail that I got back then. Let me read one for you. "Dear Rowlf, I really like you on The Jimmy Dean Show. You really need your own series, as well as your own movie. Will you come to my house and be my pet dog? I like you so much better than my own dog. But if you don't want to be my dog, will you at least license your image for a plush toy? Sincerley, Alan Smithee." Well, I got a lot of letters like this, and I not only licensed my image, but I also starred in commercials for my own plush.
(the Ideal Toys commercial is shown)
Kermit: Four decades later, you could not only gewt a Rowlf toy, but also a Muppet Theater Backstage Playset. But anyway, Rowlf's popularity on The Jimmy Dean Show led to other things. Rowlf got to host a summer replacement show called Our House.
(a clip from one of Rowlf's introductions on Our House is shown)
Kermit: And here are some more of Rowlf's early gigs.
(the following clips are shown: Rowlf in a Wilsons Meat film, Kermit suggesting the name Sesame Street in the Sesame Street Pitch Tape, and Jim Henson telling Rowlf that he's a puppet in The Muppets on Puppets).
Announcer: When we get back, we get to see Rowlf's days on The Muppet Show.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I love this. Rowlf certainly deserves this kind of recognition.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Announcer: And now, back to A Celebration of Rowlf!
Kermit: After The Jimmy Dean Show ended, Rowlf had on and off employment. Eventually he worked less frequently, but then he became a regular on one of the greatest shows of all time. And that show is... (drum fanfare plays in background) The Muppet Show! (waves arms) Yaaaaaaaay!

(a few clips from The Mupet Show are shown, including: the Sherlock Holmes sketch, Fur Elise, Rowlf telling his dance partner that he had a bit part in a movie, You and I and George, Rowlf chatting with Phyllis Diller, Eight Little Notes, The Cat Came Back, Rowlf inviting his dance partner to the punch bowl, and Silence)

(Miss Piggy and Janice come to the stage)
Janice: Like, in addition to being a real groovy musician, Rowlf also starred in a sketch with us...
Miss Piggy: But mostly me.
Janice: it was called Veterinarian's Hospital...
Miss Piggy: Which moi was the star of.
Janice: No, Miss Piggy, all three of us were stars.
Miss Piggy: Okay, Janice, you've asked for it! Hiiiiya! (Miss Piggy swings a karate chop at Janice, who ducks, causing Miss Piggy to swing in a cirlce and fall off the stage)
Janice: Anyway, here are some rully groovy Vets Hospital clips!
(clips include: Rowlf saying that Fred is a bad name for a hospital, Rowlf telling Fozzie that last year he'd saved 100 dollars last year but lost several pounds in england, Rowlf diagonosing Behemoth with a frog in his throat, operating on a shoe patient, seeing Baskervile as his patient, being the patient himself, and preparing to operate on Gonzo while mentioning a Paul Simon song)
(the audience applauds)
Fozzie Bear: Thank you, thank you... (notices that the applause gets softer and then quiet as soon as Fozzie comes on-stage) Okay, don't thank you. Anyway, I have had some great times with Rowlf, too! Here are some of our greatest moments together!
(clips include I've Got Rythym, English Country Garden, Cowboy Time, and Claire de Lune)
Scooter: Rowlf became a star again with the popularity of The Mupet Show, and soon made it into our movies. Here is one of his finest movie moments.
(a clip of Rowlf working at a kennel from The Muppets Take Manhattan is shown)
Kermit: The Muppet Movie retells the story of how I met many of my buddies, including Rowlf, so here is how I first met Rowlf.
(a clip of the song I Hope That Something Better Comes Along is shown)
Announcer: When we get back, you'll see more great Rowlf moments!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Announcer: And now, back to the show!
Kermit: We Muppets have appeared in many television specials and videos, and Rowlf is no exception. Here are some of his best moments from our specials.
(clips include: Rowlf riding ina plane with John Denver, Gonzo popping Rowlf's innertube, Rowlf narrarating Dog City, one of Rowlf's scenes from Rowlf's Rhapsodies with the Muppets, Rowlf talking to Fozzie as he makes it to Fozzie's moms house, a scene from Country Music with the Muppets, The Music Mon song from Sing/Dance/Do-Along, In a Cabin in the Woods, another Rowlf scene from Sing/Dance/Do-Along (I don't remember much besides what I just mentioned), and Rowlf's song from The Muppets at Walt Disney World)
Kermit: Rowlf also appeared in a recurring sketch from The Jim Henson Hour, in which he played Merlin the Magician.
(a clip from the Merlin sketch from Aquatic Life is shown)
Kermit: Rowlf was also animated on our cartoon show Mupet Babies. And before you say, "But I thought that clip from The Muppet Movie that you showed earlier was how you first met Rowlf", I would like to point out to you that what happened in Mupet Babies didn't really happen. (nervously, looking at camera crew) Uh, right?

(clips from Mupet Babies are shown)

Scooter: Eventually, Rowlf went into semi-retirement, appearing occassionally whenever we needed him, but usually just in the background. But he has recently been more invovled with us Mupets, and here are some of his more recent clips!
(clips include: Rowlf's appearance in the Making of Keep Fishing music video, and Rowlf's appearance in Statler and Waldorf: From the Balcony)
Kermit: Well, Rowlf has lived a great life.
Fozzie: He's even released an album.
Scooter: But now, let's honor him soem more.
Kermit: Rowlf, come to the stage.
(audience applauds)
Rowlf: Thank you, thank you. It sure is great to be here.
(The Swedish Chef brings a cake to the stage)
The Swedish Chef: Heer is de cake fur de doogy!
(The Swedish Chef walks up a small stairway but accidently falls backwards, getting cake all over himself)
Kermit: Oh, no!
Rowlf: Oh, it's okay. I'll just eat it off the floor.
Janice: Rully?
Rowlf: Yeah. That's one thing that dogs do, after all!
(they all laugh as the credits roll)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I will now list what Rowlf clips appear in the opening montage (I'll post what specific Muppet Babies clips are shown later, when I can think fo which oens to include):
*Rowlf beginning his performance of Cottleson Pie
*Rowlf playing piano in the orchestra (during How High the Moon)
*Rowlf counting nine lights
*a random Rowlf clip from Sing-Along, Dance-Along, Do-Along
*Dr. Bob doing a sketch twice
*A clip from the Merlin sketch not included here
*A random clip from The Jimmy Dean Show
*a random clip from Our Place
*Another random clip from The Jimmy Dean Show
*Rowlf getting attacked by a butterfly
*Rowlf and Zoot performing Smoke Gets in Your Eyes
*Rowlf slipping on the icy patch
*Rowlf walking in the swamp
*A random clip from a Purina Dog Chow commercial
*Rowlf playing piano with Liberace
*Rowlf playing piano at Fozziwig's party
*Rowlf and the rats from the Happiness Hotel number
*Rowlf barking at dogs at the mallery gallery
*a random clip of Rowlf in Dog City
*Another random clip from The Jimmy Dean Show
*Rowlf playing piano with Garth Brooks
*Rowlf and Scooter in Jabborwocky
*Rowlf hitting the final piano note in I've Never Harmed an Onion

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay, here are what Muppet Babies clips I would have included:
*Rowlf writing a music review (from The Daily Muppet)
*Rowlf as Schroder (from Comic Capers)
*Rowlf playing a detective game (from It's Only Pretendo)
*Rowlf (as Rowlfo the Dog) meeting his grandson from the future (from Muppet Babies: The Next Generation)
*Rowlf commenting on Miss Piggy unknowingly eating a dog food sandwhich (from Good Clean Fun)
*Rowlf singing "You're Special to Me" (from My Muppet Valentine)

I had originally planned on titling this Rowlf Superstar! (similar in title to Bugs Bunny Superstar)

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I love this, but I'm also a very big fan of Rowlf. I'd love to see something like this made one day.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I feel like this special is a bit short (probably 45 minutes if it was actually produced), but then although Rowlf was a main character most of his appearances were in short sketches, and only a few scenes from the movies revolved around him. I guess if this was for Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, or Gonzo it would be longer.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If this was an actual production, the setting would be similar to the one from A Celebration of Me, Grover! Though whenever the tables are seen, we'd only see the tables up in front (in a wide view of the stage). At the very right, Rowlf would be sitting at a booth, with Baskerville, Muppy, Rover Joe, and the two female dogs seen on The Muppet Show. Then we'd have the stage, and then there'd be an orchestra pit (with Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Animal, Janice, Zoot, and Lips), and then another booth, where Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Scooter, Gonzo, Rizzo, and Bean Bunny sit.

Then we'd have what is seen from the audience. Four tables are seen, which include (from right to left):
Table 1: Mildred, George, Zelda Rose, and Bill the Bubble Guy.
Table 2: Beautiful Day Monster, Droop, Gloat, and Mahna Mahna.
Table 3: Rowlf's usual brown-haired dancing partner, shouting lady, shouting lady's green dance partner, and Sam the Eagle.
Table 4: Four Penguins.