A Christmas Request

MissMusical12

Reaction score
Missed me, guys? Sorry if I haven't written a FloydxJanice one shot in a while (and this one's a bit of a bit songfic, too), especially since I had like no idea for one. But then again...I kinda had this one in mind for a bit. Especially the song in here. Very fitting for winter (and somewhat Christmas). This a little PG, though. Nothing more than PG. Anyways, enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN THE MUPPETS! They are owned by Jim Henson, The Muppet Studios and The Walt Disney Company!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What do ya know? It really is turning into a White Christmas after all," Dr. Teeth said as he looked outside the window of the apartment the guys in The Electric Mayhem shared. "Yeah. It didn't snow 'till the day AFTER Christmas last year," Zoot added in. "White Christmas! White Christmas! White Christmas!" Animal exclaimed.

The snow was indeed falling down gracefully from the grey sky (that was now dark), making up for last year's sunny day Christmas with no snow on the ground. A blizzard was in effect for that Christmas Eve, too. But that was going to stop Dr. Teeth, Zoot and Animal from going to the Christmas party that a friend of Zoot's was having nearby. As for bassist Floyd Pepper, he was too preoccupied with setting up for his date with his beloved girlfriend, Janice. He decided to opt out of the party this year after the fact that Zoot's friend almost killed Floyd last year, thanks to a spiked punch. This year, Floyd decided to keep his Christmas low key and spend the beautiful evening with his main squeeze.

"Floyd, are you sure you don't wanna come to the party this year?" Zoot asked Floyd, as he was preparing drinks for him and Janice, humming to himself. "Positive, my friend," Floyd replied. "I'm stickin' to my Strawberry Thunder tonight. No more spiked punch for me." "Floyd, I'm sure Georgie didn't mean it, spiking your punch," Dr. Teeth said. "Maybe he'll forgive you this year." "Did you SEE that ugly look Georgie gave me when I walked into that party last year?" Floyd reminded his friend. "That's why Animal is taking my place this year." "Georgie mean, I kill!" Animal said, with determination to defend his best friend.

Zoot then checked his watch. "7:48," he said as he grabbed his jacket. "Hey, guys, we better get going or will miss Georgie's introduction." "Ugh....." Floyd groaned. "Georgie's introduction...it was like he mentioned everybody in the universe and the pizza man in that speech." "I didn't know Georgie knew the pizza man," Zoot said. "Uhhh, you're right, Zoot. Let's head on our way," Dr. Teeth then said suddenly, trying to change the subject. "We'll see you whenever, Floyd. Have fun with Jan." "Bye Bye!" Animal then exclaimed as he, Dr. Teeth and Zoot headed out the door.

Floyd then gave a sigh of relief and slumped onto the couch. "Man...I thought they'd never stop talking about Georgie," he said. Then all of a sudden, the doorbell rang, which made Floyd jump. "Uh oh," he said. "Might be Jan." Floyd then raced into his room to grab his present for Janice that was sitting on his nightstand and placed it into his jacket pocket. The present, he thought, was one of the best he bought for Janice in a while. For tucked away inside the package covered with red ribbon and sparkles was a silver charm bracelet. It might have cost him quite a bit of money, but it was worth buying for her after Miss Piggy broke her other charm bracelet.

Floyd then rushed to the doorway and peeked out of the key hole. Standing by the door was his beloved Janice, with a gorgeous smile on her face and patiently waiting. Floyd then sighed and opened the door for Janice. "Hey, babe," Floyd said. "Like, hi, hon," Janice replied as Floyd lead her into the apartment and got her jacket off. "The guys left for Georgie's party already?" "Yup," Floyd replied. "I didn't feel like going this year." "Rully," Janice said. "I don't even like Georgie. Like one time, when Zoot and I were still dating, he took me to one of his family reunions where Georgie was there and, like, Georgie could not stop flirting with me. Doesn't he have a wife?" "Not anymore," Floyd responded as he was filling his and Janice's wine glasses with Strawberry Thunder. "They separated a long long time ago. I think it was around the same time you and Zoot called it quits. Either that or when you and I hit it off. Strawberry Thunder?" "Fer sure," Janice replied.

Floyd then brought over their glasses of Strawberry Thunder to the couch and gave Janice's hers. "Thanks, hon," she said, taking the glass. Floyd then took his glass of Strawberry Thunder and sat down beside Janice. "Like, you're going rully light tonight on the drink," Janice teased. "I would drink more, baby, but I don't feel like gettin' too love drunk tonight," Floyd responded. "Besides, I get plenty planned for us tonight." "You rully think the others aren't coming back from Georgie's party so quick?" Janice asked. "Don't ya remember last year, Jan," Floyd said. "We didn't come back until 2:30 in the morning Christmas Day, where everyone was passed out except for us." "Oh yeah," Janice remembered. "Like what do you have planned, Floyd?"

Floyd then chuckled and set down his wine glass on the table. "Your present, for one thing," he replied and got out her present from his jacket pocket. "Floyd, you shouldn't have," Janice said in surprise. "Baby, it's Christmas," Floyd insisted. "And besides, you gave me my present yesterday." "Blues Hour Cologne #48," Janice said. "And, like, I can sense you're wearing it too." "My favorite cologne," he replied. "I couldn't resist. C'mon, Jan. Open it."

Janice then took her gift from Floyd and carefully opened it. She was in quite a shock when she found the gorgeous silver charm bracelet inside the tiny box. Her smile widened with joy as she got the bracelet out of the box. "Floyd....it...it's a new charm bracelet..." Janice said in amazement. "Like...just like my old one." "When I found out The Hogsister broke it a few weeks ago, I just felt like I had to get you another one," Floyd said as he helped Janice get the charm bracelet onto her left wrist. "But...like...they never make these kind anymore...how'd you find one?" she asked. "Libby Lou was having a garage sale a week or so ago and had one of these," Floyd explained. "She said I could keep it for $500." "But like they only costed $25 back in '78," Janice wondered. "But remember, Jan, Libby Lou hates me," he said. "Rully good point there," Janice realized. "Like, what's the other thing you wanted?"

"A duet," Floyd replied as he grabbed his bass guitar from his room. "Remember that song you and I sang the night before we did that Christmas special with John Denver back in '79?" " "Baby, It's Cold Outside?" " Janice asked as she got out her guitar and began tuning it. "That's the one," he replied as he sat back down next to Janice. "Floyd, like we haven't sang that one in years," she said. "Like I don't even know if I remember it." As soon as Floyd finished tuning his bass guitar, he immediately jumped into playing the chords for the song. "Ohhhh," Janice realized. "Like, now I remember it!" She then joined Floyd in playing along to the song.

(Janice)
I rully can't stay

(Floyd)
But baby it's cold outside

(Janice)
I've got to go away

(Floyd)
But baby it's cold outside

(Janice)
This evening has been

(Floyd)
Been hoping that you'd drop in

(Janice)
So very nice

(Floyd)
I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice

(Janice)
My mother will start to worry

(Floyd)
Beautiful, what's your hurry?

(Janice)
My father will be pacing the floor

(Floyd)
Listen to the fireplace roar

(Janice)
So rully I'd better scurry

(Floyd)
Beautiful, please don't hurry

(Janice)
Well maybe just a half a drink more

(Floyd)
Put some records on while I pour

(Janice)
The neighbors might think

(Floyd)
Baby, it's bad out there

(Janice)
Say, like, what's in this drink?

(Floyd)
No cabs to be had out there

(Janice)
I wish I knew how

(Floyd)
Your eyes are like starlight

(Janice)
To break the spell

(Floyd)
I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell

(Janice)
I ought to say no, no, no, sir

(Floyd)
Mind if I move in closer?

(Janice)
At least I'm gonna say that I tried

(Floyd)
What's the sense in hurting my pride?

(Janice)
I rully can't stay

(Floyd)
Baby don't hold out

(Both)
Baby, it's cold outside

The two then a quick little instrumental before returning back to singing. "What'd I tell ya?" Floyd asked. "I knew you'd still remember it." "Oh you wolf," Janice flirted. "I aim to please, my mouse," Floyd flirted back and winked.

(Janice)
I simply must go

(Floyd)
But, baby, it's cold outside.

(Janice)
The answer is no

(Floyd)
But, baby, it's cold outside.

(Janice)
This welcome has been

(Floyd)
How lucky that you dropped in.

(Janice)
So nice and warm

(Floyd)
Look out the window at that storm.

(Janice)
My sister will be suspicious

(Floyd)
Gosh, your lips look delicious.

(Janice)
My brother will be there at the door

(Floyd)
Waves upon a tropical shore.

(Janice)
My maiden aunt's mind is vicious

(Floyd)
Oooooh, your lips are delicious.

(Janice)
Well, maybe just another drink more

(Floyd)
Never such a blizzard before.

(Janice)
I've got to get home

(Floyd)
But, baby, you'll freeze out there

(Janice)
Say, like, lend me a coat

(Floyd)
It's up to your knees out there

(Janice)
You've rully been grand

(Floyd)
I thrill when you touch my hand

(Janice)
But don't you see

(Floyd)
How can you do this thing to me?

(Janice)
There's bound to be talk tomorrow

(Floyd)
Think of my life long sorrow

(Janice)
At least there will be plenty implied

(Floyd)
If you caught pneumonia and died

(Janice)
I rully can't stay

(Floyd)
Get over that whole doubt

(Both)
Baby it's cold outside

"Wow, that was rully amazing!" Janice said after the two finished their little duet. "Just like Christmas of '79 again, eh?" Floyd asked. "Fer sure," Janice replied as she set her guitar off to the side. "Floyd, I love you. I fer sure rully love you. This has been like...one of the best nights I've had in forever." Floyd gazed into her eyes lovingly and replied "Awww baby doll. I love you, too." Janice then gave Floyd a sweet and passionate kiss on the lips. Floyd immediately closed his eyes and kissed her back, returning the favor. He then wrapped his arms around her waist to pull her closer to him, not wanting to ever let go of his girl. When Janice released, she wrapped her arms around his neck and whispered to him "Merry Christmas, Floyd." Floyd then kissed her forehead and whispered back "Merry Christmas to you, too, baby."
-----------------------------------------------THE END-------------------------------------------
Phew, this one was a doozy, especially the song, "Baby It's Cold Outside." I know Miss Piggy did this on TMS with Rudolf Nureyev, but I just can't help but picture Floyd and Janice singing this, too. Something along the lines of a combination between the original version (Johnny Mercer and Margaret Whiting) and the Norah Jones/Willie Nelson version (Yes. Norah Jones and Willie Nelson did a cover of this song.) Proof is the video below. I had to change some of the lyrics to make it a little more appropriate (sorry...) and a little Janice-ish. Don't ask about who Georgie is. I just made him up....Anyways, once again, Merry Christmas, Muppet Central! And hopefully, more FloydxJanice oneshots will be written in the New Year.:sing::flirt: