A Christmas Story 2

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
So apparently, it's not a parody. Huh.

What were they thinking?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
First of all, it's been too long since the first one, and secondly, is this really necessary?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Hey, this isn't the first time somebody waited too long to make a pointless sequel.

(Though I haven't seen this one, other than a few clips, so I can't really comment on it).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that's a sequel so much as it is another remake... I DO know that Jerry Lewis has brought it back recently in the form of a Broadway musical.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I'm not so sure that's a sequel so much as it is another remake...
It's kind of both. Jerry reprised his role as a now much older Prof. Kelp for the animated movie, and Drake Bell plays his grandson, who goes through similar situations to what Lewis went through in the original. From what I heard, there's also a few callbacks to the Eddie Murphy version.

And I had no idea Lewis was behind a Broadway version.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bangs head on desk...

NO! Christmas Story 3! There was a sequel already, and if you have digital This TV, they run it every so often. It's okay. They had a new cast that tried WAY too hard to be like the old cast. It's not quite as funny, but it has its moments. But you do see more of the Bumpasses.

This seems to be trying even harder than that to be the sequel to the original, trying very hard to use the same jokes. I'd stick with the other sequel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
A good sequel to Roger Rabbit is what we need. What Zemeckis wants is what we don't.

But seriously... There already was a Christmas story sequel. Plus there was an obscure PBS teleplay of another story from the book. I've only heard of it, but never actually saw it. This isn't exactly rivers they haven't fished before. Which is exactly what they do in the real second one.

I ATE him.

Yeah, you're not going to get that, since you probably have never or will never see it.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
So Charles Grodin (Nicky Holiday/Quentin Fitzwaller) played "The Old Man" in that 90s sequel. Interesting... I guess?