1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

A Christmas Story 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mo Frackle, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

So apparently, it's not a parody. Huh.

What were they thinking?
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

First of all, it's been too long since the first one, and secondly, is this really necessary?
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  3. Mo Frackle

Hey, this isn't the first time somebody waited too long to make a pointless sequel.

(Though I haven't seen this one, other than a few clips, so I can't really comment on it).

[​IMG]
  4. D'Snowth

I'm not so sure that's a sequel so much as it is another remake... I DO know that Jerry Lewis has brought it back recently in the form of a Broadway musical.
  5. Mo Frackle

It's kind of both. Jerry reprised his role as a now much older Prof. Kelp for the animated movie, and Drake Bell plays his grandson, who goes through similar situations to what Lewis went through in the original. From what I heard, there's also a few callbacks to the Eddie Murphy version.

And I had no idea Lewis was behind a Broadway version.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Bangs head on desk...

NO! Christmas Story 3! There was a sequel already, and if you have digital This TV, they run it every so often. It's okay. They had a new cast that tried WAY too hard to be like the old cast. It's not quite as funny, but it has its moments. But you do see more of the Bumpasses.

This seems to be trying even harder than that to be the sequel to the original, trying very hard to use the same jokes. I'd stick with the other sequel.
  7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Buh...buh...buh...but...WHY?

As a huge fan of the first movie this...just...AAAAHHHH!

*dies*
    Mo Frackle and heralde like this.
  8. D'Snowth

And need I say again, on that same token, Robert Zemeckis does NOT need to make a CGI Roger Rabbit sequel?
    Mo Frackle, MrBabySpencer and heralde like this.
  9. Drtooth

A good sequel to Roger Rabbit is what we need. What Zemeckis wants is what we don't.

But seriously... There already was a Christmas story sequel. Plus there was an obscure PBS teleplay of another story from the book. I've only heard of it, but never actually saw it. This isn't exactly rivers they haven't fished before. Which is exactly what they do in the real second one.

I ATE him.

Yeah, you're not going to get that, since you probably have never or will never see it.
  10. Mo Frackle

So Charles Grodin (Nicky Holiday/Quentin Fitzwaller) played "The Old Man" in that 90s sequel. Interesting... I guess?
  11. Drtooth

He did a pretty good job imitating the father in the first film. He was the only one who didn't have to try too hard. Mary Steenburgen and the Culken kid who wasn't Macauly just tried way too had. Culkin especially, trying to do the iconic idiotic grin Ralphie did just before Santa kicked him down the slide.

Now that I remember, the movie's subplot about the movie theater giving out Gravy Boats had a riotously funny payoff at the end. And there's a very sweet father son subplot involving this film's MacGuffin, a battle top.
  12. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

I saw the trailer for this a little while ago... Yeah, I cannot imagine why they would think to make this. It's pretty darn obvious that this is going to be a horrible movie.

But hey, at least it's not getting a cinematic release.