A Christmas Together [COLLECTOR'S EDITION] CD [EXTRA TRACKS]

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

I was on amazon (and DisneyShopping.com) and was lookin to see who has cheaper shpping for the "Muppets: a Green & Red Christmas" cd and turns out on amazon.com has the CD and is complete with all 13 original tracks, which also are remastered, and the whole thing is selling for the low price of $7.50 (however in searching other retailers online, I've seen it going for as low as $4.99). It says "Limited Collector's Edition" so I don't know how long this will be around before the only way to get it is on eBay for $100 along with all other past releases. Altho i DO find it funny that Disney records isn't re-relasing this "NEW" cd... anyone have any idea?

link: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000GFLJFE#moreAboutThisProduct

I'll be gettin THIS cd too! :wink: :smile:

*sings to him self - - "Christmas is comming the goose is getting fat..."* :sing:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I used to work at Staples, and every year they'd have a Christmas CD display that always carried the CD for $5.99. But I don't know anything about extra tracks.

Davina

Reaction score
ok.. i compared the "bonus track" edition with the original.. as listed by Amazon.. and there are extra tracks..
bonus tracks are :
The Christmas Wish
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
and When the River Meets the Sea...
however..

i bought my copy like 5 or 6 years ago, and it includes these "bonus" tracks.. so i'm not sure what is going on there.....
and it was one that was on sale for years and years (and i still see it every year) in the $5 bin...

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Wow, is there an echo in the Muppet community?

I posted this at ToughPigs earlier today:
Brad D. (BradFraggle) said:
Released in July 2006, the CD is complete with all 13 original tracks (which are also remastered!) and the whole thing is selling for the low-low price of $7.50 (however in searching other retailers online, I've seen it going for as low as $4.99). It says "Limited Collector's Edition" so I don't know how long this will be around before the only way to get it is on eBay for $100 along with all other past releases, so I sugest scooping one (or two) up now, it'll go nice with "A Green and Red Christmas".
Then I come here and see a_Mickey_Muppet's post:

a_Mickey_Muppet said:
I was on amazon (and DisneyShopping.com) and was lookin to see who has cheaper shpping for the "Muppets: a Green & Red Christmas" cd and turns out on amazon.com has the CD and is complete with all 13 original tracks, which also are remastered, and the whole thing is selling for the low price of $7.50 (however in searching other retailers online, I've seen it going for as low as $4.99). It says "Limited Collector's Edition" so I don't know how long this will be around before the only way to get it is on eBay for $100 along with all other past releases. Altho i DO find it funny that Disney records isn't re-relasing this "NEW" cd... anyone have any idea?
A_Mickey_Muppet, I don't appreciate you're plagiarism. Passing news and information around the fanbase is great (I was actually just about to post about it in here myself) but copying my words without even being courteous enough to give the source for the words credit is not a very friendly action. How hard would it have been to paraphrase or restate my words without directly stealing them? Or even just quote my post and give me credit if you want. But stealing my words and taking credit for your own "discovery"...not cool! Honestly, it seems pretty rude to take my words.
:grouchy:

I am, as I think the whole community is, interested in getting the best deal on this. So which site did you see it selling for $4.99 on? Just courious as where you saw that deal? Thanks.

BradFraggle

Reaction score
Davina said:
i don't see any "special bonus tracks" listed in their description.. everything listed is on the CD i've had for years..
The extra tracks aren't new. All 13 tracks here were on the 1979 LP, the 1990 CD, and the 1996 CD. However the 2000 CD release didn't have 3 songs ("Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", "When the River Meets the Sea" and "Little Saint Nick"). So this CD has 3 songs that the previous edition didn't.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Davina said:
i bought my copy like 5 or 6 years ago, and it includes these "bonus" tracks.. so i'm not sure what is going on there.....
same here! :smirk:

MWoO

Reaction score
Aren't you going to say anything about the fact you stole the info and passed it on as your own?