a close Call

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Last week there where several Tornatos come through middle Tennesse where i live work and play. I work at a thrift store and was on my lunch break i live but five minnets from work so i go home to eat. i trun on the tv and realize that somthing was going on with the weather. the Tv said that Davison County was under a tornato warnning wich was the county i lived in. I looked outside and it was getting very dark. the frist thing i thought of was the people at work had no clue that there was a storm comming so i rushed back to work. As i was drivng back i could see the dark clouds getting closer and darker. Little did i know that a few short blocks away there where tornados distorying my small town. I finally got back to work and they had the tv going they had just told evreyone in my area to take cover. We quickly go into action trying to check people out and getting them to a safe place in the store which there really wasnt many exectp the bathrooms and breakroom. My *** Manager told me there where about two tornatos very close to the store. we had no clue what to say or do. we waited for what seemed like an etrntiy, but must have only been a few minites. the skys started to get a little clearer and customers wanted nothng more then to go home. We did not losse power which that in its self was a mirical cause with the littles storms we do. We started to let people leave, we still had the Rv on and reprots where now comeing in about damage that had been done. The news reported the Town of Goodlettsville being hit preety bad a chuch that i had attented had been destoryed and the k mart right near it was on fire. that was not but 2 minites away from my house. then we heard that behind City hall in Goodlettsville was pretty much leveld. That was right across the street from my house. By this time i was really scared that i did not have a house to come home to. My brother finaly called and asked if i was ok and if i knew anything about the house. he said he was going to try and make it to the house and pray it was still there. a little time passes and my brother shows up at the store. He says there would be no way he could drive to the house that the roads where closed, so he was going to walk the rest of the way still hopeing we had a house. he left and was gone for what agian seemed like an etrniy i was really begginge to worry not only that i did not have a home but now that my brother was hurt of killed. i soon got word that my brother and house where ok, but my town was anything but ok. there where many houses and churchs distoryed by this storms and many people hurt and killed. I feel bleesed in so many ways but at the same time i also feel that there is so much i could be doing for my town and the suffering people in it. There is so much pain and a little fear in the town i can feel it evry time i go outside. this was the closest call i think i really have ever had in my whole life i truly am blessed to be alive.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
God has indeed blessed you Dwayne and you can serve Him by helping the survivors and let them see Christ displayed in your attitudes of wanting to alleviate suffering of the victims and share the Gospel with some of them if an opportunity presents itself.
I pray that you will be strengthened in your faith and commitment through all of this in Jesus's name brother Amen

dwayne1115

Reaction score
thanks all sorry it took so long for me to post back, iv been busy with another heated conversation about the muppets. Im really learning some things about them and JHC i didnt know.
We had our frist sever thunder storms since that horribal day. You could feel the tension in the air all day ysterday when the weather men where talking about them. As far as i know there was no damage done or anything like that just a little nervracking. We all are kind of like Chicken Little now watching the sky to see if its going to fall again.
I really am thankfull for this site and the people on it yall have helped me calm down a little bit. Getting in a deep disscusion about the muppets has really got my mind off the things with the storm and the bad things going on at work. (I'll explain latter its a long hard story to tell cause of all the lose ends.) So i really want to thank evryone for alowing me here and posting with me and kind of looking over my very bad spelling. I really feel at home here.

Love you all
Dwayne:smile:

MGov

Reaction score
God has indeed blessed you Dwayne
So what about the people who died or who's homes were destroyed? Did God like them less than Dwayne?

Don't really need an answer.

Glad you're okay Dwayne.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I know that you don't really need an answer but may I just simply say that the Bible says in Hebrews 9:27 that all of us do have to die. It doesn't give us any guarantee of reaching a certain age first or any indication as to how we will die.

People who died or who lost their property in the tornado attacks were not struck personally for their sins but the verse in Hebrews says we must face judgement after we die for our sins

Jesus speaks of this in Luke 13:1-5 where he tells his disciples about how some people who had recently been murdered and some others who died when a tower collapsed were not worse sinners in His Father's sight because they died thus. But He warned them if they did not repent of their sins and ask God for forgiveness and pardon then they would die as they did. Indicating spiritual death. Those people were not sorry for their sins so they died under God's righteous judgement. No matter how we die physically we can only die in two ways spiritually either forgiven by God or not forgiven.

I thought Dwayne may find this answer uplifting to him spiritually so that's why I've given it if nobody else minds I hope