A Counting Segment With The Mets

bigbird

Reaction score
I think i remember a segment featuring 2 of the NY Mets in uniform one with a bat the other pitching underhanded balls to the batter while an unseen group of kids can be heard counting each time the ball was hit back to the pitcher. The Skit was filmed inside a room not at a ballpark or Shea stadium. The last piece showed the batter swing and miss hitting the ball while the unseen kids started giggling. Anyone remember who these players were?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That was shot right at the Teletape studio where both Sesame Street and the Electric Company were shot. I remember the clip also, but can't remember the players. It could be determined if we knew what numbers were on their uniforms. But I do remember the batter hit a number of bunts, and then he swung and struck out and the unseen kids thought it was funny.

The very next season they did the same thing with a few of the New York Knicks shooting baskets. They got up to 20, but 21 bounced off the rim.

Unfortunately the Knicks lose quite a few games with what could've been the winning shot bouncing off the rim. Oh well.