A couple of Muppet references from my cruise

Katzi428

Reaction score
(OK people...stop rolling your eyes...:stick_out_tongue:)
1)You all are probably wanting to kill me for one. My mom my sister & I were at Quotes from Christmas Movies. One of the quotes was "I've come for Christmas,I've come for food." I didn't know what movie it was from& neither did my mom or sister. You won't believe it was from: The Muppets' Christmas Carol! PLEASE don't kill me everyone! My mom & my sister were shocked that I didn't know it & I was pretty embarrassed. (To be honest,I only saw the movie only once)
2).One of our cruise directors did an imitation of :hungry:<~~ (this guy.Luckily ,or hopefully our captain didn't hear him.She's from Sweden)
3) One of the cruise directors (forgot if it was the one who did the Chef imitation or not) was wearing a Christmas shirt with :halo: on it that said GIMME PRESENTS!
(BTW..when I said "Chef"...I was referring to the Swedish Chef. Not the Chef from South Park)

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
That's incredible Kathy. :big_grin:

And don't worry. I certainly don't want to kill you. In fact I've seen Muppet Christmas Carol a few times and I didn't even remember that line at all. :eek:

If anybody wants to kill you, they'll have to kill me first.

Katzi428

Reaction score
That's incredible Kathy. :big_grin:

And don't worry. I certainly don't want to kill you. In fact I've seen Muppet Christmas Carol a few times and I didn't even remember that line at all. :eek:

If anybody wants to kill you, they'll have to kill me first.
Thanks Marty:smile:
There were crew members of the ship from all over the world!Even some from Australia! One of the cruise directors (might've been the one doing the trivia) sounded like he was Australian. So I asked him.It turned out he was from London.

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
Actually Im 99.9% sure it was a misquote... I think they were thinking of
Gonzo: I am here to tell the story
Rizzo: And I am here for the food.

Sounds like a blast though

Katzi428

Reaction score

Yeah...THAT was it!THANKS!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score

Ah. I do remember that line.

Well Kathy. It looks like we've been reprieved from the sentence of death now, doesn't it?:smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
2).One of our cruise directors did an imitation of :hungry:<~~ (this guy.Luckily ,or hopefully our captain didn't hear him.She's from Sweden)
I hope that she would be a good sport. Especially if she's a muppet fan herself.:smile:

Incidentally I recall reading somewhere (I think it may have even been somewhere here on our forum) that in Sweden the Swedish Chef is known as the German Chef.