A Discussion about Early SST Songs

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Good selection of bits from the early days. Not a bad one in the bunch. This is coming from someone who saw them firsthand like you did.

But Jim did not create Sesame Street. He was brought in to flesh out the show, and he left a huge mark. His contributions were integral to the show's success, but so were Joe Raposo's tunes, Jon Stone's direction, submissions by countless animators, and a human cast likable enough to pull the whole thing off. Take any one factor out of the equation, and the show would not have lasted all these years.

It's hard to narrow favorite Sesame moments down to ten (or eleven) but good pickings.

cjd874

Reaction score
Great selection, but I wish there were more Muppet songs: "Rubber Duckie," "I Love Trash," "Being Green," "C is for Cookie," "The Song of the Count," and "The People in Your Neighborhood"...there were countless Muppet songs that helped make the show such a success. I agree that it's hard to narrow down the best of the early years, and I'm not trying to take the animations down a peg or anything, but in my opinion the Muppets should have been better represented in this video.

halbrikj

Reaction score
Great selection, but I wish there were more Muppet songs: "Rubber Duckie," "I Love Trash," "Being Green," "C is for Cookie," "The Song of the Count," and "The People in Your Neighborhood"...there were countless Muppet songs that helped make the show such a success. I agree that it's hard to narrow down the best of the early years, and I'm not trying to take the animations down a peg or anything, but in my opinion the Muppets should have been better represented in this video.
What, you think this is like a "muppet central" forum or something?? oh, wait.......nevermind :O\