A Father And Son Muppet Sketch

bigbird

Reaction score
This is a real oldie. I remeber a sketch that involved a father muppet(looked like the same muppet who played Simon Soundman and Fat blue) but had a deeper voice, and his muppet son. I think they were walking in the woods or something, and they both agreed to switch roles. I think the father was actually addressing the son as Daddy and vice-versa. I think there was a scene where the father was imitating the son by climbing up a tree and pretending like he hurt himself. It's been so many years. Does anyone remember this skit at all and how it went? Or was i daydreaming?

Censored

Reaction score
bigbird said:
This is a real oldie. I remeber a sketch that involved a father muppet(looked like the same muppet who played Simon Soundman and Fat blue) but had a deeper voice, and his muppet son. I think they were walking in the woods or something, and they both agreed to switch roles. I think the father was actually addressing the son as Daddy and vice-versa. I think there was a scene where the father was imitating the son by climbing up a tree and pretending like he hurt himself. It's been so many years. Does anyone remember this skit at all and how it went? Or was i daydreaming?

No, I remember it too, but with fewer details than you. All I recalled was that they went for a walk in the woods.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
bigbird said:
Why would you think you were daydreaming? i recall it myself.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Man, I tell you, if you guys don't beat all. I remember this one too. It's been ages- but here's what I remember.

Yes, Jim voiced the Daddy/Fat Blue Muppet, and Frank was the son. It looked like he was pink, had red hair, and had a striped shirt on.

The son asked if they could switch roles, and it was very touching. They also picked up a worm or a caterpillar, and the son (acting as the Daddy) said it was okay to touch it and pet it, it won't hurt.

The Daddy (acting as the son) climbed the tree (you can actually see one of his legs as he climbed higher- never saw anything below their waists before!)
and fell, but the son (as the Daddy) kissed his bump and made it better.

Then the son decided he would rather go back to being himself, and his Daddy be his Daddy again. The two walk off, and some very soothing music plays. They say something at the very end, but God only knows if anyone can remember it.

This was a very nice clip, and it's too bad that those who are under 30 will never have any idea what we're talking about. I'm 37 now, and by the time I was six (1974) this one seemed to get taken out of rotation. Guess you had to be there.:sleep:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
all I can remember the last thing the kid asks Daady do we have some and the Father says somehow. just don't know what. I know it wasn't taken out of rotaion by 1974 because I saw it myself but probably retired when the decade ended.