A few questions.

Squall Leonhart

Reaction score
Hi everyone, don't know if anybody remembers me, haven't have a computer for awhile, I just picked up season 2 and I have a few questions.

One why wasen't Mokey on the cover? Has anybody even seen Kathryn Mullen? She dosen't like to do interviews? I heard she lived in the middle east somewhere ...

Second why did they not fix the epsiodes up more? A few scratches on the epsiodes made me kind of nurvous. i know the show is more than 20 years old but still.

In the first season box set it says Fraggle Rock debuted on tv in 1980 then before that is says it was in 1983, anybody want to clear this up for me?
I know I ask alot of questions, when I post, I hope nobody mind, and if these questions were answered before I apologize.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it started in '83. It debuted in the UK back then at least. I think it's kinda cool to see the episodes intact and as they were originally shown without the remastering. I'm still waiting for the first season to be released in the UK with Faulton MacKay as the captain rather than Doc that was in the US version.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yes, it was 1083 in the US as well. As for Mokey..um..the industry doesn't like her?
:smirk:
And feel free to ask as many questions as you like! That's one of the reasons we're here, to learn from each other!
:smile:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Thinking about it, Mokey always seemed the least favourite of the Fraggles and ANY of the other four would be used in promotional material more often than she would, even back in the 80's.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
What would Kathryn Mullen be doing in the Middle East? Other than the draft.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Is it true that Kathy is married to Michael K Frith, the Muppet conceptual artist?

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Squall Leonhart said:
Second why did they not fix the epsiodes up more? A few scratches on the epsiodes made me kind of nurvous. i know the show is more than 20 years old but still.
Fraggle Rock may be more than 20 years old but you need to remember it was shot on videotape, like almost all other TV shows of its day.

The quality of videotape doesn't hold a candle to the quality of film, whose remastering for DVD is often great, often questionable. The Fraggle episodes are digitalized, so they already look as good as they ever will.

Sound quality, however, is another story. Season One's soundtrack was mono, but from Season Two onward I believe it was all in stereo. A welcomed improvement!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
None of the episodes screened in the UK were ever in stereo. Nor were the video releases. I was quite surprised and happy to hear the original opening and closing themes in stereo on a US DVD.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Mistersuperstar said:
None of the episodes screened in the UK were ever in stereo. Nor were the video releases.
Really? That's odd.

It is a real shame Fraggle was shot on videotape - the imperfections on the DVDs are indeed very noticable. Unfortunately, there isn't much else you can do to tape but digitalize it.