Misskermie

Reaction score
Ok... But you have to gimmie a sec... and by sec, I mean wait til tomorrow

Aaron

Reaction score
Ha ha I wasn't expecting you to crank anything out today :smile:

Misskermie

Reaction score
Wow, it's way longer that a day, but I'm going to attempt to write chapter one now.

"I can't believe he's gone." Said Kermit, with tears in his eyes. Rowlf nodded his head in agreement. Rowlf gave a long howl in memory of their old pal, Jim. "Rolwf, me 'n the frog are headin' back to the theatre. You comin'?" Dr. Teeth asked. Rowlf shook his head. He couldn't leave Jim's body at the church. Of course, he knew it would only be a matter of time until someone came in and took him away, but he wasn't going to let him go too easily. Rowlf placed his hands on the coffin. He placed his head on the coffin next. He weeped. He weeped and cried, and everything that follows. However, just as he predicted, two men came in, ready to take Jim away. Rowlf stepped away from the coffin slowly, and allowed the men to take the coffin away. Although, Rowlf couldn't help but wave to Jim's dead corpse. "Goodbye Jim." Rowlf whispered. Rowlf Lay in the place Jim's coffin was, and cried himself to sleep.

Why was that so short? It's a lot harder than I thought! Help Me!!!:eek:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Just a few thoughts, based on my understanding of Rowlf. He's a very laid back Dog, so laid back that he describes his life as nice and simple in TMM, he's in a hammock in The Muppets and he always describes himself as "the dog that plays the piano."

Now, as interesting (fun?) as it may be to look beyond that exterior to find that he's a hurting person inside...I've personally never felt that with him. Remember when he got left behind and chased the car all the way up to the farm house, then played the piano and chatted to Sprocket? He's such a...such a dog. You know? Stuff doesn't really bother him that much.

Now, sure, it will have taken him a while to get over Jim's death, but I don't think it will have left him depressed. He may have just moved out of the lime light, thinking that wasn't the place for him anymore. Like, maybe he would have 'retired' much as Frank Oz did. But I don't imagine for a minute that he wasn't down at his local pub, playing the piano and cracking out old dog-jokes with a talking Beethoven. And I don't think that Jim (in fanfic world) would have wanted him to become depressed or to spend every day missing him either. :smile:

When I wrote the Dark Universe series, set in the world where Kermit was never born, Rowlf and Clifford were the only characters that I honestly did not feel would have been that affected with or without Kermits influence in their life.

Anyway, that's really my thoughts on the subject as inquired about by Aaron, and no reflection on the story-telling of Miss Kermie.

Miss K, the idea of Rowlf curling up in the place of Jim's Coffin (much as a dog with a lost owner) is totally something that I can see him doing! But I'd like to believe he'll be able to move on from that place before too long. *hugs for Rowlf*

Aaron

Reaction score
Upon reflection i agree with you Beau I guess i'm more interested in what Rowlf did during the years he wasn't working full time.

Misskermie

Reaction score
That's exactly what I was thinking! Dogs usually curl up in beds when they miss that person, so... Yeah! And well, I really need help with sad Rowlf, because I can't see him that way either!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hehe. Well, no reason not to have Jim (as Rowlf sees him) have a little chat with him mano-a-dogo (ala Kermit and Kermit TMM) and have him rejoin the gang to discuss their favorite Jim memories... Of course, it may be too soon for him to do that, but I dunno...I could see him making it.

I too would love to know what else he's been up to though! Did Kermit stay in touch with him? He showed up in that skateboarding clip on Youtube a while back, has he been sat at home watching famous cats-on-pianos and dogs-that-sound-like-humans and feeling a little jealous that he's 'over the hill' (which he totally ISN'T!). I bet he's an avid youtube commentor (but witty comments only!)

He obviously came to the set for MCC, MTI (at the Benbow Inn), MFS and all the other movie where he didn't say much...I wonder what promted him to not talk a lot? Did he want to give the others a chance to shine? Or maybe, just maybe, the others knew how close he was to Jim and THOUGHT that it would be too painful for him to do much, so just didn't ask him. I doubt that he would push himself forward if no one asked.