a great Playset/Figure Set idea?

Bulldawg

Reaction score
would definitly be Veterinarians Hospital!!!

Time once again for Veterinarian's Hospital, the continuing story of a quack who's gone to the dogs.

NURSE PIGGY: Dr. Bob, Dr. Bob?

DR. BOB: What?

NURSE PIGGY: Where did we get this patient from?

DR. BOB: Oh. Well, she was found with a bunch of cows.

NURSE PIGGY: Not bunch. Herd.

DR. BOB: Herd of what?

NURSE PIGGY: Herd of cows.

DR. BOB: Sure, I've heard of cows. (Laughs)

NURSE PIGGY: No, no, no. I mean the cows herd.

DR. BOB: I don't care if the cows heard. I haven't said anything to be ashamed of. (Laughs)

NURSE JANICE: But Dr. Bob, are you going to operate?

DR. BOB: No, I think we've milked this joke long enough. (Laughs)

COW: Oh, look, I have a stake in this too. (Laughs)

And so, Dr. Bob has taken the bull by the horns. Tune in next time, when you'll hear Miss Piggy say:

NURSE PIGGY: This has really been a moo-ving experience.

WiGgY

Reaction score
LOL I love that sketch!

I think a cool movie playset would be the old church from the muppet movie. Dr. Teeth with that old church organ would be cool. Maybe it could come with a Scooter figure with a paint bruch or something, or maybe Fozzie's car OOO it could change colors! Brown *dipped in water* Rainbow! :big_grin: That would be the best movie playset.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ken has talked in great depth about making a Vet's Hospital playset (Ask Ken thread) and it is definitely on his list. Won't happen in 2003, but he has plans. Have to save some of the best ideas for later. Better pacing.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I certainly hope Vets Hospital playset will be made, as it would make a terific playset, i hope we see it in 2004. maybe the playset that would come out next after Pigs in space ir released. it wouldn't be in the next series because they are cutting back on playsets.

someone stated (and it wasn't ken) that they wouldn't make VH after hearing the news of Koosbain being dropped but set as a smaller ex carded kermit figure and the cut back of playsets, stating that "Do we really need another Rowlf, piggy and janice figure?" when YES! Yes we really do!

i just got the animal band stage and ex gonzo today as a surprize late christmas gift from my brothers and i saw on the back of the box listing the playsets Muppet Labs, EM stage, the kitchen and the swine Trek plus Koosbain and Bear on patrol. We all know koosbain won't be a big playset now, but i hope Bear on Patrol is made, too bad VH wasn't listed again like it was on the Muppet Labs playsets box. but that doesn't mean they won;t make it.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
what would be sweet is if they added in a little voicebox that you could press to bring up the announcers voice. :big_grin:

because i just thought it was always hilarious when the voice would come on at the end of the skit and the characters would look up and around.

beaker

Reaction score
I think if you were to look up the word 'Shelf Warmer' in the Oxford English Dictionary...it would have a picture of a proposed TMS Vet's Hospital. If Muppet Labs with Beaker(BEAKER! C'mon! He alone is worth buying it!) seems to warm shelves like Macarena hamsters, then you just know a Vets Hospital playset would be a gross net return nightmare.

I think it is clear we are all for Ken and company listening to the fans...but I think Palisades would end up in the Resaurus house if they blindly listened to every suggestion.

I think instead of playsets, we need more figures. Such is why I am encouraged to hear there will now be 5 figures per wave starting with S4...man, Toy Fare couldnt come sooner!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I don't think so at all. The Lab's trouble is that it appeared dark and different for many people's taste (I liked it, but it needs a clock).

Vet's Hospital will likely have enough knobs, gags, accessories and interesting points that it will sell. Like those who like cooking - the Chef set will be popular, I think those in the Med profession might find this amusing. But the core audience is the figure collector. Make it cool enough while maintaining accuracy and you can't go wrong.

About including the announcer's voice - Voice chips require an additional license that is too expensive for a niche product like the current Muppet action figure market. It would be cool, but not likely. Palisades has already nixed the idea for now. Anything can happen.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think the Muppet Labs playset was too dark and not accurate enough. It looked like the Muppet 3D lab not the Muppet Show lab. I think if an accurate VH playset were made people would buy it. Maybe what we need are more figures like those that will be comming out later. Figures packed full of accessories that make sense. Like Fozzie and a mic and rubber chicken (it's a great figure) Series one was weird with some of it's accessories. Kermit with a muppet show camera? I know Kermit doesn't have many accessories to choose from but I think a bike with a bandana on a stick would have been better, of course then it wouldn't be from the muppet show. I dunno. I think series two was much better with accessories that fit the characters and I think series 3 is continuing the trend from what I've seen in pictures. Who needs a playset when Rowlf comes with a baby grand piano!?! :big_grin:

I think if play sets are made that look like the show sets and that have that muppet look then people will buy them. I'm surprised the figures have such a great muppet look yet the Muppet Labs playset lost that muppetness. Still was cool but no clock that spins wildly? :eek: