A Green and Red Christmas

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Hello, cool people! Me and ZootyCutie(for you grammar sticklers, ZootyCutie and I) have been working together on something very special. It probably would’ve made sense to post this stuff closer to Christmas, but I’m a notorious procrastinator, which’ll probably slow us both down in making this. So it probably won’t even be done by Christmas!

------------------

A Green and Red Christmas

by PuppyLuver and ZootyCutie

It was Christmas Eve, the night of the annual Muppet Christmas Show. Everyone at the Muppet Theater had been very busy all month getting ready for this special show. Not only were they going to be performing some of the best Christmas material they could come up with, they also had a very special guest star, who will be revealed shortly.

Backstage, Kermit the Frog was checking off all the things they had ready and figuring out if they still needed anything. “Let’s see, we got the lights, the props, the costumes...” he said to himself, checking each item off the list as he said them. “Yeah, I think that’s about it.”

“Um, boss... You’re missing one thing,” Scooter, the Muppet Theater’s ‘go-fer’, told Kermit, a look of concern on his boyish face.

“What’s that?” Kermit asked.

“The guest star.” At that moment, a female Muppet who looked like a soon-to-be-famous comic book artist passed by, watching Labyrinth on a portable DVD player.

Kermit’s confidence in the night’s show soon shattered. “AAH! WE HAVE NO GUEST STAR!” Kermit shouted, waving his spindly green arms in the air. “Where is David Bowie?” Oh yeah, the guest star was supposed to be David Bowie.

At that moment, there was a knock on the door. Kermit turned to Animal, the band’s drummer. “Animal,” he asked. “could you get the door?”

“OKAY!” The furry red drummer ran over to the door. CRACK! Animal returned to Kermit with the actual backstage entrance door, having been ripped off the hinges. “HERE DOOR.” he said as he left.

In through the ravaged doorframe came a man... though he didn’t look quite like a man. His face looked more like a classic Roman comedy theater mask, half black, half white. His eyes were black and yellow, flipped to correspond with the colors of his face. He wore a cape and jester’s cap in lavender and lemon with bright yellow diamond-shapes on the cap and the neck of the cape, black pants and shoes with curled toes, and black gloves on his disembodied hands. (And, if you looked close enough, you would notice that his head wasn’t quite connected to the rest of him.) “I’m finally here,” the strange man said happily. “so the Christmas party can officially begin!” He looked around. “Where’s David Bowie?”

“Oh, hello, Dimentio,” Kermit said, a hint of exasperation in his voice. “David Bowie is, um... he’s at the castle at the center of the Labyrinth.”

Dimentio laughed. “Very funny,” he said. “No, really, where is he?”

“Well, he’s...” Kermit swallowed some saliva. “He’s not here yet, but if you leave right now and come back much later, he'll probably be here.” He started shooing Dimentio out.

“I’m not stupid, you know,” Dimentio told the frog host.

At that point, the band’s saxophone player Zoot came in, for no reason. “What is pie?” he asked.

Dimentio smiled. “Butt’s twelve by,” he replied.

Kermit rolled his eyes. “I’ll bet.”

“I’ll see that bet and raise you ten,” said Zoot.

Suddenly, there was a strange noise that sounded like a beeping ringtone version of David Bowie’s “Space Oddity”. “Oh, darn it,” Dimentio muttered. “I just remembered, I was supposed to pick Luna up from... something... Ciao!” He snapped his fingers and vanished.

Kermit wiped the sweat from his brow, completely ignoring the fact that frogs probably don’t sweat. “That could have gone better,” he mumbled to himself. “Now where is--”

“Sorry I’m late, Kermit,” a voice from the door said. “There was a slight hold-up at the bus stop, some Chinese girl attacked me for no reason.” The voice belonged to a fairly normal-looking man, though if you knew who he was without me telling you, you’d probably think twice about him being “normal”. He had reddish hair and mismatched eyes, blue and brown. He looked slightly older than Kermit remembered, though it had been around 20 years since they had last seen each other.

David Bowie had finally arrived!

------------------

I tried not to be as wordy as I usually am so’s I could get this up quicker. Okay, Maddie, your turn! As for the rest of you, hope you like!

Heehee, no one here 'cept for Maddie will get the Chinese girl attacking David...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Agreed. Love the beginning. So, you and Maddie are working on this Jes? Careful, that's how the stuff about Prawny and Toga being halves of each other started. You might want to look back through the Fanfic section to try and find a TMS outline starring David Bowie, there are two very funny incidents where Janice attempts her Iman impersonation and Piggy substitutes for Sarah.

Oh, before I forget... More please!

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
David Bowie TMS outline? MUST SEE! *smacks self* Sorry. That's the Dimentio in my brain talking. But it still sounds interesting... :3

Though it'll make no sense looking at Bowie stuff with Bob Seger in my ears... XD

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Bob Seager? Whatever you do, keep his Silver Bullet Band away from Beakerfan, she's part werewolf you know. Makes sense Red Dragon's part dragon herself. But I'm ramblin'... Oh well, call me irratic, call me whatever you will. Say I'm old-fashioned, say I'm over the hill. The problem is today's music ain't got the same soul. Still love that old-timin' rock & roll!

PuppyLuver

Reaction score
Well, I'm not the only one posting the story here... Maddie? Maddie, where are yooooouuu~?

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
Maddie is here! With the creepy avvie! (Yes, I read the deviantART post) And I'll be getting my part up as soon as possible! :big_grin: