A hidden Juhl...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Thanks Beau, Lisa. Thanks for letting me be a part of this...
<hugs> Thanks for being a part of it. (Now get back to work, we've got customers to serve! :smile: )

Infinity Sirius said:
(Did Jerry really have a pizza shop?)
I don't think so. The pizza shop is a reference to a reference.

See, Jerry Juhl has had a few cameos in my stories. First he wore a "Kiss the Cook" apron at a place called "Juhl's Coffee Shop". Then I put him in charge of a bank, where he lightly reprimanded Richard Hunt. (Emphasis on "lightly"- Richard's uncle owned the bank. In the story, anyway.) And most recently, I put him back in his "Kiss the Cook" apron at Kermit's family's favorite restaurant in Leland- "Juhl's Pizza Place."

That's a very long way of explaining it... Although I'm sure I could make it longer...

And thank you all for the kind words. I think Jerry deserves more than we can give, but... I think this is at least a nice token of our appreciation to him.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Toga said:
I don't think so. The pizza shop is a reference to a reference.
And really it was a very visual way of bringing around the fact that his work will go on without him...

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
whoa...

my heart-strings are officially tugged.

man alive, can you write Beau.

If there was a time I could meet Sandy DUncan, Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Kevin Clash, Eric Jacobsen, and Karen Prell, I would in a heartbeat.

I loved Ms. DUncan's ep of TMS (i watched last nite) and I like her style.

Anyone? I hope Kprell is searching for a topic to respond to. I hope to the Great I Am that it's this one.

BJ

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I'm bumping this thread in honor of Jerry Juhl, who passed away a year ago today.

So, as I bump, would you like one lump? Or two? :crazy:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Unfortunately I hadn't read it until today. *wipes eyes delicately with a tissue*

Thanks for writing this. The dreamer, and the lover, and finally the soul had left us....but you've given us closure. Shown us a world, if it were true, for what would have happened.

Thank you Beau. Thank you Lisa. And thank you Ryan.

Thank you.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*stands just inside the thread and watches*

*finally, after a long moment..."

We still miss you, Jerry Juhl.

*turns around, and walks away*

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<gulp>

...I hardly remember writing this.

I mean, I remember- Well I remember talking about writing it... And... If I think enough, I can vaguely remember... actually writing it...

But today feels like the first time I've read it, that's how unfamiliar the words feel. And I know I've read it before. I know I WROTE part of it. And it's still... unfamiliar.

<Gulp.>

...Wow.

Miss you, Jerry.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I don't remember reading this the first time around, but I certainly remember what happened. And after reading this, I remember how it felt, too. It's funny how we all can feel so strongly about somebody we've never met. But he was an inspiration, certainly to anyone who's been inspired by the muppets, and who here hasn't? :smile: I have a feeling that his work will stand the test of time.
Rest in Peace, Mr. Juhl, and may peace be with your family today.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Remembering the Magic

Being reminded of Jerry's passing reminds me of what a tremendous debt we all owe to him, and to the many other members of Jim's little troupe, for the communion that we all share now. Without them, we wouldn't know each other.

There are many people out there in the world who know Kermit, Piggy, Cookie Monster and all the others, but it remains our charge--as real fans of the muppets--to remember not just those ON stage, but behind it as well.

Good magicians don't work alone--without the support of those who work quietly behind the scenes, a magician is just some guy in a tux. Jerry helped put magic into the magician, and opened the store wide for all of us. RIP, dear, from the grateful. You are still missed.