A little request from the Bird...

Big Bird

Reaction score
Those of you who know me know about my wonderful family:smile: I just wanted to tell you my DD is going for a hopefully simple and not-too-scary surgery to remove a growth on her thyroid tomorrow. Any prayers and positive vibes you have to send our way would be deeply appreciated:smile:

Glenda - the Mom

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Lots of positive thoughts going your way! :smile:

Hang in there, this may well be harder on you, as a mom, than it is on your daughter.

Let us know how you and your family are doing and if there is anything we can do to help. Hopefully your DD will recover quickly and you can get on with the business of enjoying summer.

Your Muppet family is here for you!

Annika

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Glenda, I was out of pocket for a while and am still catching up on messages. How was the surgery and recovery? Please let us know how things are going. Prayers are definitely with you and your family.

Big Bird

Reaction score
All went well

DD's surgery went absolutely perfectly, according to the surgeon. She came home yesterday, pretty close to 24 hours after the operation, which made for a VERY tiring day but it was nice to be home, watch movies and pet the dog:smile: Even little things like talking on the phone can cause her to become overwhelmed and it is so hard for me to see her struggle, but I think the next few days will see dramatic improvements. Keep your fingers crossed for a good report from the pathology so we don't have to be doing this again in a couple of weeks!

Thanks all for your support. Nice to have a nice big muppetty felt shoulder to lean on:smile:

Glenda - she hasn't rented any Muppet movies yet, strange girl!!

fluffmuppet

Reaction score
I hope everything's well with DD!
I can't stand Thryroids, they are a big problem with many many people.

I should know, I was born with thyroid disease. If the doctors hadn't caught it on time (as in giving me a pill everyday called thyroxin) I would have been mentally retarded and have alot of other problems.
I'm pretty lucky, and so is DD! I hope she's alright...

~fluff~