A little sad right now

Ziffel

Reaction score
I'm feeling down and troubled in spirit. I had a fiance until things ended earlier this year. I talked with her over the weekend and she mentioned she is seeing someone now. It was inevitable. She's not doing anything wrong. I couldn't expect that she would stay out of relationships since we broke it off. It's just that it's so hard. She wasn't just a girlfriend. She was THE ONE.
So ever since I lost her I've been grieving. And now I'm additionally grieving due to knowing some other guy is romantically involved with her and wishing things had worked out differently for us.
She said she has no commitments with him yet and is not even sure if he is right for her. I said well if it doesn't work out maybe the Lord still has it in His plans for us to be together again. She agreed. She conveyed how special she thought our relationship and times together were. She said, "You are a beautiful person, _ _ _ (my first, middle, and last names)" I said, "So are you, _ _ _" but I used my last name instead of her last name. I used to like calling her that and she would sign her name on cards to me like that, since we were engaged. But she kind of backed off from it now when I said it. I said, "It just felt good to say."
So we don't know what the future has in store. Realistically, I have to accept that we probably won't get back together again. But there is a sliver of hope. Just have to see. As the Lord leads us. He knows best. I trust that with all my heart. Nevertheless, it's just HARD. I dreamed about her a lot last night and the other guy played a part in the dreaming too. My mind is just trying to sort things out, I'm sure. It's hard.
If I'm not around or not posting as much, it's due to some intensified grieving going on right now. Thanks for listening, everyone.

- Scott

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
comfort

Hey I'm sorry you're going through a lot right now, even though I do not know exactly what you are going through.. God will get you through it. He will work everything out. True things don't always work out great but he has a master plan so he knows what he's doing. I will be praying for you though.

-Sandee:smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't worry Zif. C'est la vie! I don't know much about these kind of relationships, but I sure hope you find another someone special to spend the rest of your life with, because you're a kind, loving guy, and a great friend to us all! Just make sure that special someone's specialty isn't hotscakes and hotswater soup!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Oh Zif, buddy... I know how horrible it is to get your heart crushed like that. Listen, man; if you ever wanna' chat, drop me a line and we'll talk, okay? My prayers are with you pal, you'll get through this.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
I fdon't know what to say i have broke up b4 but moved on thats the best never 2nd guess yourself the Lord has great things planned for us if we believe

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ziffel, I will remind you a verse that you shared with me when I was going through some trouble a few months ago:

I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.
Plans of fullness, not of harm
To give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Keep praying, keep faith and things will work out as they are meant to. Know that I'm thinking of you and you are in my prayers.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Well if it makes uou feel any better, I haven't been with anybody in almost 6 years. Now that's a long time to be single. I don't think to many people have done that.

Anyway, sorry for what happened to you. Relationships are a bit tricky. I'm sure it is hard to get past your former fiance seeing somebody else and moving with her life while you're still trying to figure out what went wrong with you and her and are still at the same place. I'm like that now since I'm almost 24 and hearing about all of these people I went to high school with who are now married or engaged and here I am still single and have been at the same place for a long time.

ryan

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'm sorry, Ziffel. I doubt there's much I could say that would help you any. Just know that you've got everyone here to fall back on. And you will get through. Read Beth's post a few more times, she said it just right.

BEAR

Reaction score
Ziffel, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything will turn out well. You are a wonderful person.