A little sad right now

Katzi428

Reaction score
Ziff/Scott...I'm sorry :frown: I hope things improve for you soon. You're a great guy!Don't ever forget that.

F

furryredmonster

There is something wrong if she does not relize that you are a great person. Your in my thoughts.

superfan

Reaction score
Ooh, Ziffel, I'm so sorry to hear that. Well I broke up with my first fiance (in what..1995 I believe) and it was just as hard for me,too. And I can totally relate to those post breakup phone calls where you start to talk and realize how much you miss one another and talk in that cutsie way...
sadly, it eventually disolves. Your life path will take you one way and hers another. If they converge somewhere down the line again, I'm sure by that time you'll be in a clear state of mind where everything's going to be okay.
Be good to yourself in the meantime, okay? We're all here for you.
<<<hugs>>>

Ziffel

Reaction score
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ MFC people }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Thanks so very much for these kind, encouraging, empathetic words and for just being a listening ear (or I should say a "viewing eye") and for sending prayers for me. Every one of these replies were just so... I'm speechless. Thank you. I know I'll get through. Hearing the recent news of the inevitable that was going to eventually happen (her seeing someone) is just an additional blow to have to deal with now. Typing out my feelings on this to you all and getting these responses really helps. I think I was hoping she would not get into another relationship for still quite awhile just to still give us a chance as time goes by and we reflect on things. But she's 35 and I know it's gotta be hard to be alone. I guess also since our love was so deep, it kind of feels sort of messed up and gives me a sick feeling thinking of her with another man. Almost feels like she's having an affair on me, but she isn't of course. We officially ended things about six months ago. It just feels like it. Of course, a lot of it like Vic said is the pain of a crushed heart. And still another little factor I think is my struggle with inferiority. So I am tempted to conclude that this other guy must be better than me if things work out with them. But I just have to not let such thoughts win out and realize the truth that she did really love me and accepted my proposal and ring. I experienced love and acceptance from her like I never have before, which makes it a very difficult loss, but is also a blessing to have recieved.

MrsPepper said:
Read Beth's post a few more times, she said it just right.
Amen to that. And as I was reading these replies that was my thought. That these are all so wonderful that I will benefit greatly from reading these again and again and again.

D'Snowth said:
Just make sure that special someone's specialty isn't hotscakes and hotswater soup!
:smile: heh heh. My fiance could cook really great by the way.

Sorry for writing this long again, everyone. I'll try not to talk your ears off (well, type your eyes off) in future posts. Thanks again my friends.

And I was just about to hit submit when I see another wonderful caring reply. Thanks superfan. And yes, that's so true. When I talked with her this weekend I couldn't help but call her all the old pet names and stuff. That's the whole point of her having been THE ONE, I guess. That everything about her became "perfect". Her voice, eyes, nose, etc. (even her feet, heh heh).

superfan

Reaction score
Stupid LOVE. Always messes everything up. :stick_out_tongue:
Hang in there, big guy. Don't worry about rambling, either. It's very therapeutic!

Xerus

Reaction score
I'm so sorry all this badness is happening to you Ziffel. I pray that something better will come along in your life. It makes me think of that song Kermit and Rowlf sang in the Muppet Movie, "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along." :sympathy:

Anyway, I too am a single guy and never had a girlfriend in my life. So I can probably feel what you're going through right now. Keep praying and Our Heavenly Father, GOD, will wipe away your sadness. This also makes me think of a song from Avenue Q. "Everything in Life is Only For Now." :sing:

May happiness come your way soon.

Xerus

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
oh hon! I know how you feel! :cry:me and my fiancee are going through a rocky time right now too, it hurts, really really hurts, let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Or you could IM me (its in my profile)

Love,
Katie

Ziffel

Reaction score
Thank you very very much Xerus and Krazedmuppet. Hope the rockiness gets better, Katie. Congratulations again on your engagement. And someone special will come to you in His good timing, Xerus and Ryan. You guys are still pretty young too. :smile: But I can relate to what you're saying, Ryan. Like back in 1997 at my brother's wedding there was a ton of family from both sides. And seemed like every adult had someone but here I was 30 single and no gf.
But I'm feeling a little better today. The passage of time itself does help in grieving. And God and His word are always available (often simply takes only one verse or one prayer to make a world of difference in getting comfort and peace). And nice friends like you guys and gals. Many thanks again, everyone. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Amazingly the past few weeks (almost right after my last post here, in fact) my ex-fiance and I started trying to get back together again. She had recently broke up with the guy she had been seeing for a couple months. I had a glimmer of hope that this could happen again but didn't realistically expect it too. So to get another shot with her was amazing and made me very elated to say the least. However, we no sooner were blissfully reconciling and expressing our love to each other then came the same problems again. As much as we love and care for each other there are just too many differences and especially a couple of major issues that we just can't ever come to a resolve about. But this was really really helpful that we got this second chance. Now I think, even though it may still be hard at times, I will be much more at peace with being out of a relationship with her. I praise and thank our loving God once again for the special times he allowed me to share with this fine woman while at the same time showing us that the differences are too big for us to get married. So much better to be convinced of this now before making the marriage vows and ending up in an unhappy situation.
So this recent brief revival of our relationship really served to help me deal much better with losing her in the future now. But also, I thank every one of you here so much for all the kind, encouraging, wise words you said to me here in this thread beforehand anyway. And thanks again to our great God.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
It sounds like you have a new lease on life, Zif. And while I'm sorry things didn't work exactly how you would've liked, I'm sure glad you're back!