1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

A Lot of Volkswagens

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by D'Snowth, May 19, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I couldn't help but notice if there's one specific kind of car that seems to pop up in the world of SST quite a bit, it's the old-fashioned Volkswagen beatle.

For example, on the series, from time to time, we see Gordon and Susan own a pale blue beatle (in CEOSST, it's parked outside the 123 brownstone after Big Bird is finally found; in a much later bit, they are loading it up with newspapers to be recycled); in the FTB movie, they have another beatle that is bright yellow, and nearly gets devoured completely by Cookie Monster; and also, the series' version of Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy is an old, run-down beatle convertible, it hasn't seem much action in recent years, but for a while there in the early-to-mid 2000s, he kept it park in the alley next to Big Bird's nest area.

Anyone else notice this?
    Cory Stoczynski likes this.
  2. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

There's also a cartoon from the 70's demonstrating "walk" with a bunch of VW's "walking" across the street.
    Cory Stoczynski likes this.
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Interesting point Snowth... I have no idea what the reason would be if there is one. Just checking right now, Muppet Wiki doesn't even have a page for V.W... Maybe I'll make one and ask them if they know anything...