A Lot of Volkswagens

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I couldn't help but notice if there's one specific kind of car that seems to pop up in the world of SST quite a bit, it's the old-fashioned Volkswagen beatle.

For example, on the series, from time to time, we see Gordon and Susan own a pale blue beatle (in CEOSST, it's parked outside the 123 brownstone after Big Bird is finally found; in a much later bit, they are loading it up with newspapers to be recycled); in the FTB movie, they have another beatle that is bright yellow, and nearly gets devoured completely by Cookie Monster; and also, the series' version of Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy is an old, run-down beatle convertible, it hasn't seem much action in recent years, but for a while there in the early-to-mid 2000s, he kept it park in the alley next to Big Bird's nest area.

Anyone else notice this?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There's also a cartoon from the 70's demonstrating "walk" with a bunch of VW's "walking" across the street.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Interesting point Snowth... I have no idea what the reason would be if there is one. Just checking right now, Muppet Wiki doesn't even have a page for V.W... Maybe I'll make one and ask them if they know anything...