A message to certain members

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
HPDJ

Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Maybe I didn't word it clearly. I, personally, don't have a problem with your number of posts. If you look back, generally I have defended you. I was trying to say that maybe that is why you are turning some people off. Like I said, everybody comes to MC for something different. So post away.

Sorry. :sympathy:

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
The quicker we all forget about the unpleasentness of the last few days and get back to the way things were the better...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, I'm concerned. Not as a Moderator, but as a long-time member of MC and a friend to many.

First of all, if there are problems with posts or threads (etc.) I would say notify your Moderators. That's what they're here for. Don't start flame wars, don't condemn one another. That's not the way. There's a chain of command, and it should start with notifying your Moderators.

Secondly, it's always been my personal opinion that through the teachings of Jim Henson's work we learn patience. We should always be patient with one another, understand that each other have opinions that, while we may not agree with those opinions, we should respect them. Why? Because, when it's all said and done, we hurt ourselves and each other by arguing or saying impolite things to one another.

This forum is a family-friendly place, and not only because of the content we emphasize, but also because we who post here are family. We're all part of the same group who loves the works of Jim Henson. It is in that camaraderie that we welcome one another, young and old, whose interest is in those works. I also don't condone the flaming of other fan forums for any reason. We all have an option to go where we want on the internet, and if you have a bad experience, then go back to where you have a good experience.

When we have someone young (or old) who shows up and they don't quite understand the online forum experience it's up to the rest of us to explain it and help them get through it. I've been doing it myself lately (and I hope in such a way that others will find it beneficial and follow my lead). Keeping with the theme of "family," when we have someone new to the family, we don't immediately start disliking them (that usually comes after they've kicked the family dog), but we start trying to help them learn the way.

I also don't necessarily agree with calling each other out on certain issues, either. Again, this is why there are Moderators in the forums. Post your concerns to the Moderators. One attack does not warrant another. It hurts the Muppet Fan Community.

At the same time, while we emphasize that opinions are just that, when giving your opinion be respectful toward your fellow posters, as well as those within the Jim Henson Company and (yes, even) Disney, including those who work there now, have worked there, and most especially the performers--all of whom visit these forums fairly regularly.

I'm having to post quickly because I'm at work, and I hope this makes sense. I'm not taking sides for anyone, new or old. I just think that we should remember the one phrase that Jim Henson left behind that when he left this world, he wants to have left it a little better than when he got here. His was a message of positive attitude, of dreams turned real, and I think that we, as his fans, should be more patient and kind, understanding and educating, most especially with one another because, like it or not, we, through Jim, are a family!

Beauregard

Reaction score
That was. You are a good peace maker. I'm sorry for anything I have said to offend at all.

Beau

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thank you. It's just that what I wrote is what I believe to have been part of Jim's own focus and energy. It's what I learned from him all these years. That's all.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Hey kids, this is a public service announcement from Vic Romano.
Hi everybody, I'm Vic Romano; you may remember me from such threads as "Check out My Anime Muppets!", or "Was Jim Ever In Ernest Goes To Camp!" Here at MC, we've got a great little family of Muppet fans who get together, share cookies, laugh at jokes and then vomit with fullfilment. That said, we're constantly looking for new members, sometimes the process has uncomfortable growing pains that include headaches and swelling of the inner ear. Ho-boy! That sounds nutty! To all of you still looking for that little clicque or niche, all I can say is; keep trying! It's a long and exciting venture that has far less perks then you'd think! When I started here, I was a thread killer, menacing and smelly like granmdma's linen closet, now I'm no longer menacing! So keep it up! You'll soon be as loveable and enjoyable as the first twenty issues of Archie comics (just before Jug Head had his gaulbladder removed). Go newbies! And keep us and Muppet Central a fun loving place where everyday is like Christmas, and if you don't celebrate Christmas, then make everyday feel like free Frosty day at Wendy's!