1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

A Muppet Central Book club?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dwayne1115, Sep 19, 2013.

?

Would you like a Muppet Central Book Club?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe if there are Cookies

21.9%
  4. What's a book

3.1%

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Hi-Ho! everyone, It is I Dwayne here with another idea for Muppet Central forums! A Muppet Central Book Club, where each month we showcase a different Muppet/Henson book. There are many several great Muppet/Henson books for people of all ages, and I think it would be a fun way to encourage reading as well. What do you all think?

2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

What's a book?

Can you eat it?

3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

:insatiable: Can me have book about cookies?
    Librarian: Now that I can get you.
    :insatiable: And a glass of milk.
    *Librarian faints out of frustration.

4. dwayne1115

ha ha you guys are funny! So far people seem to like the idea, but what book would be the first one? I have "My life as a shrimp" from Pepe, but what other books would the club like to showcase.

ShanaynayXD and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  5. Weirdo96

Weirdo96 Member

I don't have very many Muppet books of my own, but a Muppet book club sounds like a great idea. There are many kinds of Muppet books to talk about, from classic children's stories to behind the scenes biographies. It might even encourage those who don't have these books to get them.

As for suggestions, would it be too early to dicuss Jim Henson: The Biography? :jim:

6. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

I don't think it's too early to discuss the biography but there is a separate thread about it already. Most of the discussion about it should be there. I think we should concentrate on an earlier book. Perhaps The Works which would be a nice compliment to the biography.

Weirdo96 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  7. dwayne1115

I would love to showcase that book, in fact I would love to review the book for Muppet Central as well. I think as far as Jim Henson books go, that book is going to be the one to own.

Another book I would love to showcase is "Look Before you Leap" by Kermit the Frog. That book has a specal place in my heart for a lot of reasons.

JimAndFrank and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  8. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I whole-hearted agree with 'Before You Leap'. That book is a true testament to Jim Lewis and his amazing insight into the characters. I don't think anybody could have done such an insightful job. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

9. MuppetsRule

MuppetsRule Well-Known Member

I'm all for discussing Before You Leap as the first book as well. Great suggestion dwayne1115.

I've never belonged to a book club before. I'm so excited. Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh! :)

Dominicboo1 and ElizaSchuyler like this.
  10. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

There's also Jim Henson's designs and doodles,,,

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  11. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Yeah! A Muppet book club! I'm all for it! We should share our thoughts on Muppets Most Wanted; The Junior Novel

12. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

I would love to join in the book club, but I haven't read a Henson-related book. Doggone it! I am so behind and I need to check out a Henson book from the library if there is one.

13. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Does anybody else have The Muppets' Guide to Magnificient Manners?

14. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I think a book club is an awesome idea.

Twisted Tails likes this.
  15. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Tough Pigs used to have a book club (all the older entries are still there), so I don't see why this fan site can't have one!

dwayne1115 likes this.
  16. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Neat idea, but there are only so many muppet books that are not picture books.

17. dwayne1115

Why would it or would not have to be a picture book? I thought it could be both.

18. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Great idea, Dwayne! When shall we start the book club?

19. dwayne1115

I don't know the plan has kind of been dead in the water for months but after looking over the thread people do seem really excited about the idea. So I'll keep you updated.

20. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

This is a cool idea! I would be interested in participating.