1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

A Muppet Central Book club?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dwayne1115, Sep 19, 2013.

?

Would you like a Muppet Central Book Club?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe if there are Cookies

21.9%
  4. What's a book

3.1%

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Thanks Everyone, and I'm glad to see this idea is not as dead as I first thought. What I'm thinking right now is to start off with a small simple Sesame book or two. To kind of get people into the idea of the club and what it's about. As the club grows we will get into the bigger books like "Before you Leap" Street Gang" and Jim Henson The Bio" Once I get the first couple of books lined up, and found I will let everyone know ahead of time so that everyone can find the same book if they want.
    Basically for the first Sesame books I'm going to be hitting the thrift stores looking for any little Golden books I can find. If anyone has any requests let me know and I'll see what I can find and keep everyone updated.

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  2. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Got it. We should make a separate thread for book suggestions, then whichever book gets the most votes on the thread will be the first book we will discuss.

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  3. dwayne1115

Ya or people can just post them here or private message me. Let me come up with a few titles and go from there.

4. fozzieisfunny

Got a collection of Muppet books that we could maybe do:

Muppets Most Wanted: The Junior Novel
    The Muppets: The Junior Novel
    Muppets From Space: The Junior Novel
    Who Was Jim Henson?
    Jim Henson: The Biography
    The Wider Worlds of Jim Henson ( just started that one, might finish it soon)
    Kermit's autobiography, I forget the title

and more! I need to check my Muppet book collection again....

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  5. dwayne1115

Great! sounds like you have several this should be fun!

6. fozzieisfunny

Just found more in my collection:

Any Muppet comic books
    Jim Henson: Muppet Master
    The Muppet Show book
    The Muppets Make Puppets!
    Tales of a Sixth-Grade Muppet: When Pigs Fly ( I think that's the title)
    My Life as a Furry Red Monster.

7. fozzieisfunny

I'm spamming you, hope you're not bothering, but I just took another peek and I saw I have Another Monster at the End of This Book, and I'm sure a lot of other people have it, too. That might be a good idea to start out with....

dwayne1115 likes this.
  8. dwayne1115

That or A Monster at the end of this Book is also one I'm thinking about as well.

9. fozzieisfunny

( :( I don't have the first Monster at the End of this Book :()

dwayne1115 likes this.
  10. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Would a Fraggle Rock paperback with pictures published in the 1980s count?

dwayne1115 likes this.
  11. dwayne1115

Sure it would, and I have seen a few of them published as well. I don't own any of them, but I do know they are out there.

I don't ether, and to be honest the only Muppet/Henson book I own is Jim Henson the bio. Part of the reason for doing this is to encourage people to invest in there own personal library,or there local library. Me personally I plan on having a physical copy of any any book we do,whether it be me buying it or checking it out of the library. That is why before we move on to the next book,we will announce what it will be in plenty of time for folks to find said book.

For bigger books like Jim Henson the bio I think we would spend at least a month if not more talking reading and what not. I also want to try and reach out to Brian Jay Jones and see if he would do a short Q & A where we fans can ask him questions and he answers them.

For the smaller Sesame/Muppet Babies/Fraggles "kids" books I though at least a week or two would be enough time to spend on the books. I'm hoping that doing these "kids" books will help bring back old childhood memories, and at the same time help younger parents with what books would be good for there kids.

As I have already said we will spread out the books like after we did Jim Henson the Bio we would kind of take a break and do a few shorter "kids" books. That way we don't get overwhelmed with a lot of reading.
    One thing I don't want to do is make people hate reading and feel like it's a chore or that they have to speed read a huge book like "The Bio" or Street Gang". My vision for the club is to unite readers and introduce newer/younger folks into the wonderful world of all the Muppets/Henson books that are out there.

12. fozzieisfunny

I think, that for the younger people on MC, it would be nice if we could all maybe read Another Monster at the End of This Book.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  13. fozzieisfunny

Dwayne, does that like mean we can do it?? ( Hopes are high. Hopes are high. Hopes are high.)

14. dwayne1115

I'm going to start a conversation with everyone who has said they wanted to be a part of the book club with a short list of Sesame Street books that we could start out with. So be on the look out for that.

15. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Are you going to start a conversation with me?

dwayne1115 likes this.
  16. dwayne1115

Yes if you would like for me to included you yes.

17. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

That's fine.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  18. fozzieisfunny

When are you sending out the private conversation? Will I be included?

dwayne1115 likes this.
  19. fozzieisfunny

So, uh, what does that mean? ( I'm talking about the like.)

20. fozzieisfunny

Sorry about triple-posting, but, uh, Dwayne, you never sent out that private conversation!!! I've been waiting for it!