1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

A Muppet Central Book club?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by dwayne1115, Sep 19, 2013.

?

Would you like a Muppet Central Book Club?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe if there are Cookies

21.9%
  4. What's a book

3.1%

1. WemblinFool18

WemblinFool18 Active Member

I own the Muppet Character Encyclopedia... that's it :(

2. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

I'm all up for this; but sadly, I own no Muppet books.. but that will change soon.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  3. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I think we'd run out of books pretty soon, because I can't really think of many muppet books to read, unless we're also going to read those 16-page picture books, :).

4. Muppet Master

Same Here!

5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Who should be the leader?

6. Muppet Master

Let's have an election, who wants to run?

7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Me!

8. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Me!!! So, I think the candidates are JazzyAlphabet and myself. Do you think we should have the election here, or on another thread?

9. Muppet Master

I'm making the thread as we speak!!

10. fozzieisfunny

Ha!! Thanks!! JazzyAlphabet is online, so...

11. Muppet Master

everyone who's running besides you and jazzyalphabet MUST post on the new thread by, when?

12. Muppet Master

i think we should have 10 members running, right?

13. fozzieisfunny

We should have 10 members. And they should post on the new thread by... I'll say.... by Friday. That'll allow some time.

14. Muppet Master

15. Muppet Master

gOOD, i PUT THAT IN THE tHREAD!

16. Muppet Master

rugratskid is now a candidate!

17. fozzieisfunny

Let's just discuss this on the other thread, not here!

18. Muppet Master

19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Everyone I must apologize for not posting any updates in this thread, but this is still my idea, and my baby. I have not decided that I wanted to give the power of leadership to someone else, and if I did i would have appointed the job to someone through PM.
    As for a president I feel that since this was my idea, and the fact that i still think its a great idea and should be done, I personally feel that I should be president. That dose not mean I would not share the responsibility of the title with others.

I also feel like I have started something that could get some folks into trouble here on the forum, and I'm going to be contacting the mods to find out how to make this actually work.

Please give me time, I do have a full time job and a family, but I will do better at posting in this thread about what is going on.

Thanks Everyone!

sesamemuppetfan and FunnyBear like this.
  20. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Alright, first off, I know we kind of settled this already, but I do strongly agree that since this Book Club was Dwayne's idea, HE should be the president. To everyone who decided to become candidates and vote for the role: you should have consulted Dwayne about this; what you guys did (going ahead and discussing the presidency role in another thread) was completely impolite and unnecessary.

Dwayne: since no one else (in addition to Rugratskid) who got into this election drama bothered to do so, I apologize for what these guys did to you. I completely understand how hard it is to manage all the stress you have going on in your life. As much as I hope we can make this Book Club happen, just do whatever you need to do at home first.