A Muppet Day in LA

smalltimecrook

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm from the UK (where the movie is not out til Feb) and flying out to LA on the 29th Nov to see the movie early. Just wondering if there were any suggestions for a perfect Muppet day in LA....?

Thanks,

Sam

Oscarfan

Reaction score
There's the Paley Center for Media; they have tons of old Muppet stuff to watch.

Walter

Reaction score
I suggest maybe looking for a Disney Store in the area. There is also the famous Disney Soda-fountain store next to the El Capitan(where they filmed external theatre shots for the film!)

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm from the UK (where the movie is not out til Feb) and flying out to LA on the 29th Nov to see the movie early. Just wondering if there were any suggestions for a perfect Muppet day in LA....?

Thanks,

Sam
If you are going to see the movie in L.A. you just HAVE to see in the El Captain becuase part of the movie was shot there.
You should visit Kermit's star in L.A. Jim's is there too, it might be near Kermit's, not sure.
Also where are the Henson Studios, isn't that in L.A.? Check that out if it's there.
It's amazing that you're flying in, I would if I lived somewhere that the movie dosen't come out for another 3 months.
Have fun!!

Walter

Reaction score
If you are going to see the movie in L.A. you just HAVE to see in the El Captain becuase part of the movie was shot there
Totally! and if you can get a night time showing at the EL Capitan... SHEER AWESOMENESS!!!! can you imagine walking out of THE MUPPETS THEATRE when the film is over!!!

You might want to look at this as well..
http://elcapitan.go.com/assets/muppet_menu.pdf

This event is pretty much the ultimate Muppet Movie getaway.. After Party with Kermit and Piggy Christmas Singalong..snacks..and a photo from Kodak.:smile:

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
The Henson Studios are in LA, about half a mile away from El Capitan. They give tours, although I don't know how often they accept requests. This is from their website:

For a private or group tour of The Jim Henson Company lot that includes our state of the art Soundstage and award-winning Creature Shop, please call (323) 802-1516 for more information. Please understand that The Jim Henson Company is an active production company operating on a busy lot, therefore availability is subject to change due to production schedules.

Give it a try!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The Henson Studios are in LA, about half a mile away from El Capitan. They give tours, although I don't know how often they accept requests. This is from their website:

For a private or group tour of The Jim Henson Company lot that includes our state of the art Soundstage and award-winning Creature Shop, please call (323) 802-1516 for more information. Please understand that The Jim Henson Company is an active production company operating on a busy lot, therefore availability is subject to change due to production schedules.

Give it a try!
Sounds great! Does anyone know where Kermit and Jim's stars are? I think Miss Piggy has one too, where are they? are they near each other?

Minstrel Murray

Reaction score
Kermit's star is right across the street from the El Capitan Theater. Big Bird is about a block west, and Jim Henson is three blocks east. You can look them up here:
http://www.walkoffame.com/starfinder

Unfortunately, the Muppets don't have as much of a history in LA as they do in New York or London, so I don't think there's much more to see beyond what has already been mentioned. If you have some extra time you could go see Muppet*Vision 3D at Disney's California Adventure, but it might not be worthwhile if you're going just for that.

If anyone is able to set up a tour at Henson Studios, please let me know!