A Muppet Family Christmas

marionnette

Reaction score
A Muppet Family Christmas is by far one of the best shows ever made from the beginnig to the end.
The perfection is there! Funny with many details, I had so much fun watching it!
Does anyone know another special Tv show as good as this one?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
I so liked Muppet Family Christmas. I'm not sure if everyone will like it as much as I did, but let me tell you: it was magical, funny, and it was so Jim-Henson perfect!

...and if you want to know how I know this, I watched it about 15 times, keeping track, one August--and loved every minute of it.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Wasn't it wonderful:halo:?

P.S.: was it the uncut version or the one you see on the DVD (the uncut version shows Elmo & a christmas tree and a whole Muppet Babies musical number.)?

zns

Reaction score
A Muppet Family Christmas is by far one of the best shows ever made from the beginnig to the end.
The perfection is there! Funny with many details, I had so much fun watching it!
Does anyone know another special Tv show as good as this one?
Both Emmet Otter and The Great Santa Claus Switch are my two other favorites along with this gem.

chudman1000

Reaction score
Other than A Muppet Family Christmas, I´m especially partial to Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. Actually it is probably my all time favorite Christmas special, ever since I was little.

TML

Reaction score
I know it gets hated on (though I can't figure out why) but I love Very Merry Muppet Christmas. The humor is authentically the Muppets, but it's current. I love the gift of the magi bit, the snowman narrator, the It's a Wonderful life premise. The Moulin Scrooge parts are hysterical if you're a fan of that movie. Love it, love it, love it! "The ham is jammed. Repeat: the ham is jammed!" :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, TML, I totally agree about VMC! I think it is completely overlooked. That one is actually my all-time favourite Muppet special. I love the lasers (Mission Impossible?), Mrs Bitterman, Pepe is great in it, I love the alternate universe scenes and don't think they are too distasteful. I especially love the attention to detail in this movie...such as the "Miss Bogan County" picture in Piggy's living room in the alternate universe, and an advertisement for Farm Fresh Bacon starring Piggy on her fridge.

TML

Reaction score
Yes. Like Doc Hoppers at the mall! It's the first time in years we see them at the Muppet theater and Scooter has a significant part. And Kermit is the star, not Gonzo and Rizzo. Plus, Fozzie has some great moments too. Best they've been in years IMO.