A Muppet Family Gathering.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah... Well... Didn't I give you one with the SS gang a few chapters back? And I wonder if anyone realizes, given a few exceptions, why the Hensonites came with the Muppets they did?
Gotta plan how to continue this, maybe tomorrow. Tired from all the zany posting.
I know you did. I was saying how nice it was.

As for your reasons for why the Hensonites came with the Muppets they did, I can sort of figure it out, but it would be fun to hear your explanations. I mean, I think it is pretty clear about Kyle and me, but I dunno about the rest.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm, should I tell? Think I'll wait for a few others to post if they want me to tell before I do.

You hear that all those of you reading this who haven't posted? OK, message sent, go back about your lives now.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Just got a chance to read this now and wow! I really loved chapter 20! All of the SS humans together, it was vonderful!

And yes, do tell about the Hensonites!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh Beth... Don't you mean Chapter 21? Chapter 20 was Piggy's arrival, 21 was where the SS neighbors arrived.

OK, will tell...

Bryan and Kyle were with their respective SS Muppet bands owing to their roommies at the dorms.
Beth was with Rowlf's family, the line about Lisa being connected to Margaret should've given it away, and Sara was with Scooter (natch) because of the fanfics they've written.
This also explains why Uncle Deadly and Auntie Eleanor were on Sadie's car.
Diana was with the Electric Mayhem, because those of you who remember her from when she was much more active here on MC and the dorms will know she was our resident songbird, especially since she roomed with three of the Mayhem's musicians.
Kim came with the Fraggles because of her roomies, and the Ghost of Faffner Hall because she seems to be one of the boards resident experts on GOFH.
Catherine was there, again because she's Piggy's roommate, and I needed to get Kathy to the party also.
Christy came with the SS neighbors, basically because I had no other way of getting her there after pairing up Cathy and Kathy (Kids In The Hall joke), and someone had to bring them to the party.

More later tomorrow, I think.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ah yes, I meant chapter 21, good thing your alter ego is good with numbers! Anyway, I pretty much got all of those connections, but I'm glad you explained it. Looking forward to more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys... Wanted to ask, cause I'm curious about something.

You know I tend to talk about my own little created characters... What I'm wondering, should I pursue that train of thought? Or should I go with a collection of charactes from other already-established franchises I enjoy? Or should there be a bit of a mix of both?
I know... Waffling again.
Please contact me regarding your thoughts, as I don't want the story to get cluttered with muffining. At least, no more so than the usual.
Thanks. More story when I can think of what comes next.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Author's Note: The next three chapters will all be taking place on the day and night of December 24th.

Chapter 22.

The week passed quickly, as time eventually does. The Muppets busied themselves with Christmasy chores, decorating the castle both inside and out. Wreaths were hung on the doors and garlands graced the undersides of external ledges. Mistletoe was hung from the ceiling, as various couples used it as an excuse to steal a quick kiss from their significant others. Candles glowed in the candelabras as if by magic, while more strings of lights wound around the tree in the corner of the main living room. Candy canes twirled on some of the tree's branches, and in the glasses of sweetened apple juice Polly and Clueless handed out to their patrons.

The time was spent well while the days fell like snowflakes from the calendar, resembling the cold winter as the year grew shorter and shorter. Eduardo's birthday was celebrated on the 20th, with all the spectacle you'd come to expect from a Muppety event. His friends rarely saw him on the 22nd though, as he was silently absent tending to private matters. The morning of the 24th rose a renewed jua d'vivre within the spirits of the Muppet congregation... After all, it was only one more sleep till Christmas. Thankfully, there were shops catering to both the holidays and gothique culture of the region nearby, helpful for those last-minute shoppers. There were also a few eateries frequented by some of the Muppet crew, whenever they wanted to get out of the castle opting to eat there instead or stock up on provisions for the feast back at the Count's domain. The excitement was contagious as people and Muppets bustled about, baking cookies or wrapping their little white box presents for the master mathematician or bursting into song and having some good old fun. Which, incidentally, left two penguins confused, unsure of what cue card to pull out from their stacks.

The night drew close while everyone inside huddled close for one last feast before the big day. Cookie Monster had been appeased, since he was under Kyle's constant vigil, a little untrustful of his furry monster buddy's promise not to eat all the cookies baked during the day nor the ones left out for tonight's special visitor.
"But Kyle... Me growing monster... Me need cookies" complained this blue pastry devourer.
"Told u before Cookie... U can have some later at dinner" Kyle replied, checking not one crumb was missing.
The Christmas toys came back to the master display ages ago, marvelling at all the revellers gathered here. Deciding to chance it, a few made several runs to the kitchen for some supplies of their own. They were a bit awestruck at how they never froze forever, in spite of all the people milling about in the hallways. Then again, that's part of the magic associated with the colorful chaos that accompanies the Muppets whenever they put on a true show.

Everybody back in their rooms, sleepy heads settled down for a peaceful night's rest... Turns out there was indeed enough room to accomodate everybody gathered here so far.
"Hey Bert..." a voice queried in the night in one of the rooms.
"Please Ernie, you promised to let me sleep this time" his constant victim replied.
"Yeah, I know... Just thought you were great as Mama in the play."
"Thanks Ernie... Now please, go to sleep."

In another of the rooms...
"Hey Lisa..." piped up a small green frog.
"What is it Robin?" answered the youngest of the Three Candles' sisters.
"Can you read me a story?"
"Sure, which one?"
"How about this one with Uncle Kermit... I think it's about some bad guy stalking him and Miss Piggy."
"Um Robin... You're probably a bit too young for that one."
"Oh... Then what about this one... It kinda explains how the Muppet family..."
"Shhh, Robin... Told you not to spill it, haven't finished it, stuck in 1996 at the moment."
"Sorry. Then what about this one with the crazy pirate/magical family that kinda sounds like us?"
"The Moppets? Don't think the rest might like it."
"Oh OK..." the little frog felt defeated, unable to find a suitable bedtime story.
"Hey, what's that book there Robin? The one over by your little fingers?"
"Huh? Oh, I think it's... Well, it's got Scooter and a blueish girl on top of the theater, fighting what looks like a yellow fishy Koozbanian" he said, surprised and happy that he found one Lisa approved before having to go to sleep.
"Bring it here and I'll read you that one" she said, rewarding his efforts.
Meanwhile, over in another room, Kyle was also reading to the monsters from One Little Star.
Grover liked that one, and it turned out his fellow furry friends did too.
All was starting to quiet down in the master castle... Except for one last room... And a couple of spooks loitering in the shadows of the main study downstairs as they awaited the tolling of midnight.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Aww, so cute, I loved the scene with Robin and Lisa. Everyone's settling in for their winter night's sleep and then the morrow brings Christmas treats! Can't wait to see what comes next.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. It'll be a song and a fright what's coming up next. But before I work on that...
Got a favor to ask. If anyone could, please send me an E-mail with the list of all the Muppet family members who've arrived so far. My math's off and I need to double check it.
Thanks for stopping by... Now go update your own stories.