A Muppet Family Gathering.

BEAR

Reaction score
That might be one of the best chapters. I really liked that one a lot. Keep it up!:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Chapter 23.

The night blanketed the surrounding vastness, stars twinkling here and there. Wispful fog shrouded the outer reaches of the Transylvanian palace. The stars blinked on and off, beacons in that inky void mirroring the lightbulbs encircling the layers of the Christmas tree set up in the master study. Friends and loved ones were nodding off to sleep...
Sara and Scooter, snug in their bed, were just talking a little, somewhat giddy with excitement from the holidays.
Some of the other main Muppets were huddled in beds of their own nearby, either snoring aloud or just chatting quietly away in their own little worlds. Doors closed and candles alighted, noone would be able to suppress the infectious myrth.,
"You know... This'll be our first Christmas Scoot" Sara whispered.
"Yeah... Reminds me of Christmases from our past" replied the gopher.
"Oh? How so?"
"Well... There's one particular Christmas I kinda remember fondly."
"Which one?"
"The one we spent up in the mountains... We even had a great song we used to sing... Fact is, this bed kinda reminds me..."
"You don't mean..."

Magically, banjo music started as another of Sara's roommates, the Jim Henson Muppet picked up the tune in an instant.
Scooter: "When I was a little bitty boy.
Just up off the floor.
We used to go down to Grandma's house.
Every month end or so.
Sara: "We'd have a chicken pie and country ham.
N' home made butter on the bread."
Scooter: "But the best darn thing about Grandma's house.
Was her great big feather bed."

Scooter, mainly with Sara chiming in on a few lines: "It was nine feet tall and six feet wide.
Soft as a downy chick.
It was made from the feathers of forty 'leven geese.
Took a whole bolt of cloth for the tick.
It'd hold eight kids 'n' four hound dogs.
And a piggy we stole from the shed.
We didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun.
On Grandma's feather bed."

Sara: "After supper we'd sit around the fire.
The old folks'd spit and chew.
Jim: "Pa would talk about the farm and the war.
And Granny'd sing a ballad or two."
Jerry: "I'd sit and listen and watch the fire.
Till the cobwebs filled my head."
Scooter: "Next thing I'd know I'd wake up in the mornin'.
In the middle of the old feather bed."

Scooter and Sara, with the Mayhem and Muppets together: "It was nine feet tall and six feet wide.
Soft as a downy chick.
It was made from the feathers of forty 'leven geese.
Took a whole bolt of cloth for the tick.
It'd hold eight kids 'n' four hound dogs.
And a piggy we stole from the shed.
We didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun.

Floyd Pepper: "Well I love my Ma, I love my Pa."
Janice: "I love Granny and Grandpa too."
Scooter: "I been fishin' with my uncle."
Rowlf: "I wrassled with my cousin."
Annie Sue: I even kissed ol' Lew. Yew!"
"Hey, it wasn't that bad" Lew Zealand quipped.
Skeeter: "But if I ever had to make a choice.
I guess it oughta be said."
Scooter: "That I'd trade 'em all plus the gal down the road.
For Grandma's feather bed."
"You wouldn't really trade me off like that, would you?" asked Sara a bit nervously.
"Course not" Scooter assured her with a small peck on the cheek.

All: "It was nine feet tall and six feet wide.
Soft as a downy chick."
Animal: "Chick!"
All: "It was made from the feathers of forty 'leven geese.
Took a whole bolt of cloth for the tick."
Animal: "Tick!"
All: "It'd hold eight kids 'n' four hound dogs.
And a piggy we stole from the shed."
Animal: "ha ha."
All: "We didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun.
Animal: "Ha ha ha."
All: "We didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun.
Animal: "On granma's feather bed!"
The music subsided, everybody rushing beneath the covers when a stern knocking rapped the door to that hall of bedrooms.

Ed was downstairs, catching up on a bit of computer work, and watching some television... He heard shuffling feet outside.
"Yes, can I help you?"
"Oh hi Ed" replied Bear "you wouldn't know where..."
"The little bear's room? Third door down on your right. Think Fozzie's there washing his hands."
"No... Actually, I was wondering if there was some sort of rooftop landing here on the castle?"
"Mmm, there's a rooftop landing all fright. You can reach it through the belfry. Or you could just go to one of the castle's towers..."
"Thanks, the belfry route sounds fine."
With that, the ursa major departed, so he could keep his nocturnal appointment.
The moon was at its most beautiful on this Christmas night, her full figure in view amidst the immense span of darkened space.
"Hello Bear" she called, in her familiar softened voice.
"Hello Luna. How are you tonight?"
"Just fine. It's Christmas you know."
"Yes... That's why I'm here instead of back at Woodland Valley... Snug as a bug in a rug with friends and family."
"That's lovely... People should be together with their loved ones at this time."
"It sure has been busy though... Everybody rushing around to get the little things done in time."
"Did you bring something to thank your host's hospitality?"
"Of course... Even got something for him in your name."
"Thank you Bear... Good night."
"Good night Luna."
The moon floated off, so as to keep pace with the turning of time in its steady course.
Bear made his way back to his room...
Though there came a somewhat scary musical flourish, issueing from the organ, as if there was a secret meeting about to take place.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
That was so nice with Luna! I really liked it!

Also great musical number with Sara and Scooter, so much fun! I know she'll be thrilled when she reads it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thnks, that's what I'm hoping for... Oh, I happen to have these thirteen little baggies of peppermint candies... Think I'll award them to the first person who truly replies as Lisa would when you read the next chapter.

*Going offline for a bit, see you guys later.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yay!!! So excited to see a scene between Bear and Luna as it is always my favorite part of the show. Also, nice of you to include those characters as we often forget about them. Thank you. Look forward to more story.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Chapter 24.

The night of Christmas Eve was now upon the assorted cast dwelling within the eerie confines of this gothic structure. Most half-asleep, others with heads on pillows lying comfortably under blankets or Muppet-printed quilts. Five little bats had been woken up, flying out of the belfry in search of their master. Their leader, Batty, zigged and zagged down the halls and up the stairs. Grisha, Misha and Sasha, the triplets, flew in random patterns about the darkened nooks and crannies much like three little balls of fur and energy who usually sped down Cole Street. Tattiana, the last, was the one who found their master, deep in conversation with the other spooks. Uncle Deadly played an eerie aria at the bat-organ, Auntie Eleanor and Lady Fughetta telling tales about the old theater and music hall in their heydays. The Count von Count listened attently to it all, approaching Uncle Deadly's line of sight.

"So... Just how did you manage to vander so far away from the theater?"
"Me thinks that would be a question better suited for your other ghost" replied the phantomly dragon.
All five bats circled around as their ears detected the tolling of midnight.
Circles of silver, reddening white, and black looped each other on the floor as three more spectral entities appeared before the vampire's gaze. The first, a child of yesteryear, flew aloft just above the floor thanks to her fairylike wings. The second, a giant of a man, clapped his hands together in a jovial greeting, his red beard freezing over in a mingling of red and white. The third, was a tall and skinny phantom, not as tall as his companion, the one Uncle Deadly had spoken with before. This trio were welcomed and accepted the invitation to linger... Only until the holiday ended the next night at midnight again.

The bats flew off in search of Ed, Batty staying behind perched upon the Count's fright shoulder. The other foursome deposited a few more little white boxes, taking flight to join their brown-winged leader.
"Mr. Count von Count" spoke the first Christmas ghost... "It has come to our attention that you have opened your home to a great many number of members from not just your immediate Muppet family, but those of other branches as well."
"Yes man" continued the second, "and this must be rewarded... Such a display of Christmas spirit... Noone can accuse you of shutting your black heart.. Nay, it is the spirit of the season."
"You've said that already ghost" the nummerian nosferatu replied.
"Have I? So, I have!" commented the Christmas ghost, unshaken out of his affable mood.
The third ghost, who remain silent, nodded and tapped his scythe on the plush carpeted floor, so as not to make any more sound than was necessary. The desired effect proved to result in the appearance of one additional other-worldly presence.

"Hello Count" greeted a man, his profile seen only in that etherial silhouette visions of your dreams seem to have.
The man was immediately recognized, a tear welling up in the vampire's monocled eye. He had tufts of grayish hair over the frame of his ears, a pair of ghostly glasses, a kind smile and an almost grandfatherly demeanor. His wardrobe, though transparent, did still clothe him in the garb of the profession he once practiced on the streets of New York City. He hadn't visited his shop in the longest of times, but he was calmed in the knowledge that others had taken care of the general grocery store or diner as it sometimes served after his untimely departure.

"H-H-Hello..." was all the Count could manage, about to say the visitor's name.
"No, please don't... Wouldn't want you spoiling it for the others. Besides, I don't want my name being misinterpreted."
"Why are you here?" the castle's master asked, unsure if he should be fearful himself.
"Just came to spend the holidays with my family. These three seem to think it a reward for your act of kindness... Letting so many from the Muppet family stay here at your spacious abode. Even managed to have something disappear, after leaving the money for it through other agents of course, as a token to commemorate this year's Christmas gathering."
"Thank you" replied the Count, taking the little white box that floated gently into his open hands.
"Now don't open it until you've gotten permission to open all the others" the entity warned.
"Yes sir..." the Count replied, wanting so badly to say the spook's name.
"Now now... The others will know... Just let me fade into the background with all the other guests here."
"If that's vhat you vant, I'll honor your wishes."
The two shook hands, or attempted it anyway, sealing the pact between them.
The night was late and now it was time for all to succumb to that ever-present hinderance known as mortal slumber.

BEAR

Reaction score
Mr. Hooper?! Oh wow! That was...beautiful. Got me kinda teary eyed myself. Wonderful. I really can't find the right words. So glad his spirit is there. I could only imagine how Big Bird would feel about his old friend being there with him again. So nice, Ed.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, shhhh... Don't want the others finding out.
But where's Sara? I mean, I give her a big nice song number... With Scooter... A song his Muppet Look-Alike sang himself...
And anyone feel like replying how Lisa would feel about that last member of the family to arrive?

Is okay... More when I get the chance. Couple of more little surprises, a song for the SS fans of us out there too.

BEAR

Reaction score
The Count said:
Yeah, shhhh... Don't want the others finding out.
But where's Sara? I mean, I give her a big nice song number... With Scooter... A song his Muppet Look-Alike sang himself...
And anyone feel like replying how Lisa would feel about that last member of the family to arrive?

Is okay... More when I get the chance. Couple of more little surprises, a song for the SS fans of us out there too.

You mean a reaction of excitement? Usually she makes big long squeals, right? like this...
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem* right?:stick_out_tongue:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Yes, those are her excited reactions. But usually, when something really, and I mean really blows her away... There's another reaction of hers that conveys how she feels without really saying anything.