A Muppet Family Gathering.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Chapter 19.

The next day dawned upon the grim foreboding structure, the sun's light filtering through billowing frozen raining clouds. Little did anyone expect a lone figure marching across the lawn. The single caroller neared the yawning gates, singing a lively ditty.

"Good King Wenceslaus first looked out on the Feast of Stephen.
When the snow lay round about, deep and crisp and even."
The small brown-furred bunny leaned closer to the slowly opening doors, casting shadows of death around the vampire standing in the framed doorway.
"Brightly...shone the moon...that night..." sang the newcomer, his voice faltering, succumbing to the fearsome sight awaiting him.
"Penny for the song, guv'nor?" he asked timidly.
"Certainly!" the Count laughed, ushering Bean into his rejoiceful lodgings, where all the other Muppets were entertaining themselves.

Three giant figures were also nearing the Muppets' retreat, stepping on tree stumps and leaving potholes where they trod. Some would think it odd to see a pair of ratlike creatures mounted on the shoulders of these gigantic beings, especially when you accepted the fact they were wheeling a filled rubbish cart. Indeed, who would think of bringing trash to a Christmas party?
"We three travelers from lands a-far" sang out the elder bearded male, clad in winter clothing and his majestic crown.
"Traveling West after yonder star" followed the female giantess, also wearing winter clothes and an ornate crown of her own.
"Westward leading, still pwoceeding" sang the youngest of the three, dressed in what resembled knavish winter clothes.
All: "Following yonder staaaaar."
"Star of wondah, star of light" sang the ratlike creature, the one with one pointy tooth.
"Star of magnificent beayooty bright" followed his companion.
"Westward leading, still pwoceeding" repeated the younger of the three wayfarers.
"Guide us with your burning light" came an old gypsielike voice from within the rubbish cart.

Grizzly Farms' representatives were also hot on the heels of the rest of their clan... Mrs. Emily Bear driving a beat-up station wagon, Doc at her side in the front passenger seat and Sprocket at his feet. There were Muppets piled into their vehicle.
"Remind me again why we're late Doc?" queried Emily.
"Well, we had to pick up my niece at the airport" he replied.
Earlier that morning, Kim, the oldest of the Three Candles' sisters flagged down the international visitors at the Hensonville Airport. She brought them over to the terminal, grabbed their bags, and then sat down to wait for her uncle to pick her up. Now inside the four-wheeled metal beast, she found herself wrapped in explanations, settling down the curiosity of all riding in the station wagon. There were four human-looking Muppets, two adults and two teenagers: the Southern belle with blue hair, the British lad with magenta hair, the eccentric maestro noted by his sparked orange hair, and the owner of the Londonian music hall who had dark hair and a pointy mustache while wearing a cleaned business suit. A pearly transparent white ghost hovered above them, the music hall owner's long-distant relation, choosing to travel amidst the music five smaller creatures were making. The Minstrels, as they were collectively known, had an even larger Fraggle entourage than usual. Gillis held his baton high in the air, conducting the impromptu concert. Farkas had to grit his teeth, loathing the fact he was stuck with no way out of this confoundit contraption. Cantus led his fellow minstrels on his golden magic pipe, Balsam pounded out the beat on his bongos, Brio clicked away on the castanets, while Murray and Brool played their guitar and banjo respectively. The main Fraggle five were here too, along with some others. Two small buglike critters merely observed the falling snow from their ledge up near the back headboard.

When they finally got to the Transylvanian trappings, Bobo was almost fully asleep at his post. His snores were enough to wake the dead, if the dead weren't already awake and roaming the halls inside... The ghostly grand dame floated through the walls and contacted one of the spooks, an acquaintance of hers. The castle doors flew wide open as Kim got rushed by two younger girls, hugging their sister wildly. Fozzie was also there, tending to his mom and whatever luggage she brought.
"Come on, Ed's got everybody listening to one of the newer fics just posted" urged Lisa, the youngest.
Just then, the immense invaders were knocking at the mansion's outer facade as well.
The Count, greeting all in his way, came forward and was delighted to see all who made it to the party at this late hour.

"Ah ha! More Muppets to count up... Now, let me see..." mused the numerian master of this darkened domain.
"There's Sprocket and Doc, and Mrs. Emily Bear... Congratulations on the anniwersary. Mmm, Gobo, Wembley, Red, Mokey, Boober, Uncle "Traveling" Matt, The Storyteller, Gillis, Lou, Tosh, Convincing John and the Fragglettes, Cantus, Murray, Brio and Balsam and Brool, and oh Sidebottom as vell. Cotterpin and The Architect Doozer in a cute little Doozer wehicle, good, we'll need plenty of Doozersticks. Junior, Pa and Ma Gorg, along vith Philo and Gunge..."
"Don't forget about me Count" said the gypsy voice as a mass of garbage rose from inside the rubbish cart.
"Perish the thought Madam Trash Heap."
"Please, call me Marjorie" insisted the talking mountain of garbage.
"Of course... Ah, and vhat's this? Lady Fughetta, Uncle Deadly and Auntie Eleanor vill be pleased to see you. You can place the Busts of Handel and Mozart next to the Bust of Beethoven there, overlooking the tuned piano. And this must be Mimi, Riff, the Wild Impressario, and Farkas" he said, pointing to each in turn.
"Are we there yet?" called out someone locked in the ice chest behind them.
"Oh sorry dearie..." apologized Emily before letting the Snowman out from his subzero solitude.
"Splendid! 1 frosty Snowman. You can stay out here on the porch vith the Vhite Lion or join us inside if you wish."
"Yeah well, I just hope there'll be some fine feathered mammas here" squawked a loud uncooth talker, hidden by all the suitcases.
"MMM, the Christmas Turkey. Good thing we've already done most of our groceries and dinner plans."
"Hold it! I'm not going thru' that again..."
"I said not to vorry" the Count spoke in a deeper tone, "you vill not be on the menu."
"Sure, sure... So you say, bat-breath. Just let me get over to the coop and check out this roost."
"Vell, don't stand there the lot of you. Come and join us inside. Ah, that's eightteen friendly Fraggles, four Londontown musicians, three giant Gorgs, three critic busts, two Doozers, two garbage rats, one oracle trash heap, and one grand ghostly patron! 209 Muppet members here at the castle, so far!" Thunder and lightning rumbled outside the top of the roofed porch, much in that inimitable fashion it always did whenever he finished counting.

BEAR

Reaction score
Loved the last few chapters. It is true...it seems like no Muppet is left out. Hope to see an appearance by Luna also.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Thought about having Luna as well, but I'm not sure as it'd throw the total I've planned off by one.
As for the next segment... Undecided as to who should be driving the diva home. Considered Catherine, since she rooms with her at the dorms and has written so much concerning that movie star's intimate lovelife, and she has become a friend of ours... Or it could be Christy, seeing as how she's finally come back to us here at MC and MopFamdom.
Although... Ru might get Moppetized if the suggestion I made goes through, but I'll let Bo and Christy handle that when it comes.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great chapter, loved the appearance of the Fraggles and Doc and Emily and everyone! Not a single one is left out! This is just wonderful! I hope to have more of my own fic up finally by the end of the weekend, but in the meantime, this is just great!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The Count said:
Oh good... Always try to get my friends and other fics I've enjoyed into the grand picture. Will let you find the other reference to your work, and I hope more of your own story gets shown off soon.QUOTE]

Aha!--That was a reference to my description of Scooter in "Kermie's Girl"! I thought so!! (But didn't want to act like I've invented the phrase.)

Sorry to have been away, but I am LOVING this. And I'm happy to drive the diva pig and, of course, Maureen if you need--they should feel right at home in my car! You're doing a lovely job, Ed--kissy, kissy from me and my roomie!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Ru... Will check with the other person on Monday, should be an update then... It'll probably be another dual arrival though.
And I hope your own fictional work gets updated soon.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Working like a mad-woman on it--promise. When I clear out this logjam, the post should be HUGE. Thanks for nagging!

christyb

Reaction score
Whew I'm finally caught up! It's great and I love all the references. Now I get to poke with the nagging stick....So how about the next installment? Well I gotta jet. I'm off to read Flippersteps. (Can you tell I'm way behind on these?)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Is coming... Is coming... Is only having two hands...
Unlike some other fictional writing staffs I could mention.

Is it fair to say I'm not sure where the story will go after the next segment I've planned?
Not to mention the ol' wafflin/wemblin' factor pressin' on the noggin what with my personal pet project. We'll see, will definitely have time tomorrow.
Though no promises... And Sis, LMK if you need me to put together a reading list for you.

christyb

Reaction score
If you could put together of any stories that are older that'd be nice. Right now I'm just kinda making my way down the page. And that is fair to say. In another story it's errhmmm...not written as of yet.

Mother: *enters* I know I'm not supposed to be in this part of the forum but I'm here to drag some back to the task at hand...

Me: Uh..you're not my Mom...you're my alter ego.

Mother: *drags me* And I'm taking you back to the writing room.