A Muppet Family Sitcom

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
They shoudl do a sitcom with the muppets living in the boarding house from Muppets From Space, but also going to the Muppet Theater to do their shows. They could also have guest stars pop up from time to time.

ryan
i waws actually thinking about that. and i was thinking the sesame street characters would be regulars too.

rexcrk said:
I'd love a Muppet sitcom! Variety shows/skits and stuff just aren't my thing (Buuut I make an exception for the Muppets :wink: ) That's probably why I like the movies more than the show. I don't know how well a Muppet sitcom would work though... :concern:
well i think that variety shows are the greatest thing invented since electricity.

Movies205

Reaction score
Just my two cents here... Muppets stories should stay within the movie zone since I think to try and tell there story on a TV basis wouldn't be any good because, first off sit-coms and various shows aren't allow to have a story that goes really evolves with each episode since the network wants people to be able to tune in to episode without having to seen previous ones. Secondly there stories are vast and grand, hence why I love them. To dull them down wouldn't be any good plus all the characters usually go through an emotional struggle through the course of each film, hence why we love them so much. Also don't forget the musical numbers, all the great things that we love about a muppet story would be lost in TV Format if we tried it.

Muppets on TV should be a variety show since, they are short and they allow in the behind the scenes part for great character interaction. Since someone who new to the show can laugh at the skits and pick up the jokes behind the scenes as they watch more and more. Also it provides for a wealth of different characters to be on the show and allows us to really see the zany side of the muppets.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I think that it'd be interesting to see what happens, if there was an actual sitcom featuring the muppets! It'd be kinda (Well, I don't know) like BIG BROTHER! I might be wrong, but still, I think it'd be cool to have a really good muppet sitcom to look forward to watching each day! :smile:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
My view on the whole Sitcom thing!!!

See, I dont think it would work. It would be very funny, but there are too many characters!!! Although I do love the idea of the muppets and Sesame Street characters living in a big house.

ps. I like Pepe, Bobo and Clifford despite their absence in the original muppet movies!!
(Please bare in mind I'm new to being a muppet fan!!!)