A Muppet Life

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Srry I havn't posted a thread in a while. Summer, FINALLY!!!!! I got that out of my system.....yeah.:rolleyes:
Anyway, I think this is the wrong colume for this. But, this is my Research Report on Jim Henson I did during school. I worked rully hard on it. BTW, I am going to add made-up Muppet comments. I'm not going to add the Works Cited and intext citation! Hope ya like it!

A Muppet Life​
:jim:
Have you ever heard of the Muppets? Of course you do! What about their creator? If you don't know who he is, his name was Jim Henson. Jim was an amazing artist. He invented unique worlds and characters that remain just as original and fresh today. Jim explores new areas for puppetry, invented new technology to the world of puppets and visual arts, and he was a performer who literally brought to life same of the most memorable characters such as Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, the Electric Mayhem, Gonzo the Great, etc. (I'll have the smileys posted later.):smile::mad::embarrassed::big_grin::sing::flirt::cool::halo::concern:
On September 24th, 1936(my grandma's death in 2010), Jim Henson was born. In 5th grade, he and his family moved to Maryland. Ever since then, he had interest in art and later, television. Jim and his brother, Paul Henson, experienced with a lot of artistic techniques. The experiments led Jim to television. Jim was close to Dear Henson, an amazing painter, quilter, needle worker, and Jim's grandmother. Jim had visited her often. Dear was supportive to Jim's artistic efforts and told him to take his imagination and delight to his work around him.​
While Jim was still in High School, he began his career on television performing puppets on a local Washington DC show, a Saturday morning program called, WTOP-TV. As a freshman at the University of Maryland, he was given his own show called, "Sam and Friends", a show that was on twice daily. The show was on a local NBC TV program called, WRC-TV. Jim, along with his lovely assistant, fellow University of Maryland student, and future wife, Jane Nebel, introduced many Muppet music, sarcastic humor, and many new changes. Perhaps, most memorably, the show featured an early version of Kermit the Frog.:smile:
In Los Angeles, California, there is the Jim Henson Creature Shop created by Jim Henson himself. Jim kept setting industry standards with animatronics, performance, and performance technology. The shop allows kids and adults of all ages to come in and make their own Muppet to take home. Maybe the adults can remember how much they love the Muppets when they were little. Or mayber kids can learn how much fun the Muppets were.​
But sadly, Jim's life never lasted very long. On May 16th, 1990, the Muppets of the Muppet Show, the creatures of Sesame Street, and the Muppet performers such as Dave Goelz, Steve Whitemire, Richard Hunt, Bill Baretta(I think thats how you spell his last name), Jerry Nelson, and Brian Henson were so upset to hear the news. After a terrible illness, James Henson died in New York City. He died from a terrible illness called Pneumonia. Pneumonia is an inflammatory disease of the lungs and a sickness that you get when you freeze to death.​
Jim built together a strong team of performers, artists, and people working together that shared Jim's goals and creativity. Jim's work continues to entertain an audience around the world. The company was sold to a German Show in the year of 2000. But, according to the Electronic Encycopedia, Jim's family purchased the company back in 2003. It originates and runs a varity of Muppet projects such as puppet-like shows, movies, and learning shows for children.​
http://www.Henson.com/ is the offical website of the Jim Henson Company. Today, the Oscars Acadamy seems to have telegraphed star's feelings about musical nominees pretty strongly by picking only two songs this year. The song, 'Man or Muppet' won against 'Real in Rio'. If you didn't see the Muppet Shows or movies, then you are missing out on all of the comedy and music. If you want to sign up to be a Muppet fan or meet other Muppet fans, there is a website called, http://www.muppetcentral.com/ created by Phillip Chapman, creator of Muppet Central. The website provides fans with new releases, an active discussion forum, a collectibles guide, articles, the Muppet Show episode guide, and a Muppet themed online radio station.​
Watch the Muppets Today!​
Jim Henson​
1936-1990​
Puppeteer​
plays:​
- :smile: Kermit the Frog​
- :big_grin: Dr.Teeth​
- :sympathy: Rowlf the Dog​

Collgoff

Reaction score
That was great if I were the teacher I would deafanitly give you a double A plus.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
That was great if I were the teacher I would deafanitly give you a double A plus.
I would have done the same, Colleen. All of the Muppet families including Fraggle Rock were affected by the loss of their friend that created their worlds.