A muppet short... ???

Merth

Reaction score
I grew up a tremendous fan of the muppets. As a child, I wrote several scripts, crafted several muppets and performed mini-episodes in my living room.

Fast foward - I am closing in on 30. Yikes.

A friend and I are making a series of short movies. We have finished a couple at this point. One of the ideas we are tossing around for a winter time short involves muppets.

Are there folks on here who make and sell original muppets?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If by "Muppet" you mean a hand/rod or "live hands" puppet there are several people here who build puppets in a whole range of styles and prices. Browse through the threads to see people's work (I seem to get in trouble when I recommend someone!).

Merth

Reaction score
puppet makers

I will browse the threads as suggest - thank you.

Just the same, if there is anyone interested in making the puppets for this project, please reply.

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
I custom build puppets, however, my schedule is currently running about 6-8 weeks for shipping. If you need something sooner, you might want to try talking to a few other builders who frequent this forum.

If I've done this right, then you should be able to click on the names I've provided to view their profile and e-mail them directly. If not, then you can also try a search in the members list. I am sure that I'll probaby leave some people out, but here are just a few off the top of my head (in no particular order):

ButchCat
Dpuppets
Fozzie Bear
paulypuppets
puppet builder
ravagefrackle
scarylarrywolf
Jivepuppet

Hope this points you in a good direction. If I've forgotten anyone, please forgive me.... but feel free to post your info here as I do keep a list and refer it to people that I may not be able to assist for whatever reason. We're all one big family! :excited:

-Michele

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for mentioning me, Michele! :excited:

I actually have some time (3 weeks) to kill before heading back to college, so I'd be open to a building opportunity if my services suit your needs. My personal website is scarylarrywolf.tripod.com, and it's got some of my own puppets displayed there. It's in need of an update soon though.

Anyway, I hope you can find what you're looking for somewhere on the forum. Good luck! :smile:

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
Buck-Beaver said:
Ah, good - this time you can take the blame! :stick_out_tongue:
yeah, I'm fearless that way...... or maybe just crazy? :crazy: I figure, it's been a while since I've been smacked by a rubber chicken.

Your welcome for the mention guys!

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Man, I have a couple of REAL problems! I am doing a set of sketches for Senior Project; I am doing the Wilkins Coffee and Community Coffee commercials and the Ernie & Bert sketches; I found both of these at TP.

My problems are mainly rigging problems. First, the Grenade one: I need to rig an explosion to look like it was coming from a toy grenade! Any suggestions? Second problem: The Bathtub sketch with bubbles coming out of the tub. I need to rig it so I don't use any water, so someone can puppeteer Ernie without a snorkel! Any suggestions there? Third problem: rigging a machine gun to come out of a bank desk. (Wilkins/Community Coffee commercials) What is supposed to happen? Is the machine gun supposed to rise out of a panel in the desk or is it exposed by the panel lifting? Suggestions?

Fourth problem: rigging toys and clothes, etc. to fly by Bert's head. This is a real problem; what did Jim and Frank do in this instance? Fifth problem: toy guns! I need a toy gun to simulate Wilkins shooting the living daylights out of Wontkins. Any suggestions to do this so I don't harm the puppet?

I thank you in advance!

BJ