1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

A Muppety Day in NYC

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Muppet fan 123, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Don Sahlin has a bench in London I know, Jim had it made himself when Don past away. Now Jim's name is also inscribed on the same bench.
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Oh, it's in London, I guess. I was thinking it was in NYC...
  3. Pinkflower7783

This is the bench in London

[​IMG]
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Yeah...that's what I meant...nevermind...
  5. Pinkflower7783

Haha I just posted incase anyone wanted to see what it looked like. Don might have one in NYC too I could be wrong in that he only has one.
  6. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

No, there is nothing Muppet at the old townhouse anymore. It's no longer owned by the Henson company. Everything has been moved out and relocated to their other offices from what I've heard.

And as far as the benches in NYC, there's one for Jim and Jon Stone in Central Park.
  7. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, I knew Henson didn't own it. That's too bad... :sympathy:
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

9. Pinkflower7783

Elmo is dangerous anyways real or fake! Lol!
    heralde likes this.
  10. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

"Elmo Loves you very much....now hand Elmo Your Purse or Elmo will cut you"
  11. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I heard about this one. Some people think it is funny, but nobody should walk around in a costume of a person that little kids idolize, and go on a rant using profanity. It is just wrong on so many levels.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

Yeah I saw a Big Bird up there one time let me tell you it was just quite disturbing! There's some sick people in this world you never know what their gonna do especially to little kids.
    Muppetboy09 likes this.
  13. shinycelebi225

shinycelebi225 Active Member

i really hate that people do that now. it's disturbing, unnecessary, and heart breaking to Muppet fans like us. when i saw a video of a guy dressed up as Elmo making racist comments i was crying. CRYING! and its very hard for me to cry!!
  14. MelissaY1

MelissaY1 Well-Known Member

I was just walking through the Times Square area yesterday on my lunchbreak, and they had Elmo and a 4th of July Mickey and Minnie Mouse walking around. They're just out to make money for the most part. They carry little sacks with them and charge $10 a picture but like Heralde said, try to steer clear of them anyway. Some of them are a little looney. Most of the promotional stuff in Times Square is a rip off.

About a year ago too there was a shooting involving these guys who go around and sell CDs and ask tourists who don't know any better their name and pretend they're autographing it for you. One guy who didn't, the guy selling the CD turned a gun on him.
  15. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

How horrible! Ugh! :eek:
  16. Pinkflower7783

Welcome to NYC! Ehh like most cities just use common sense, keep aware of what's and WHO is around you and you should be fine. I wouldnt go walking down any dark alleys or anything though. Lol!
  17. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

18. Pinkflower7783

I saw that yesterday! That was pretty cool!
  19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I wish I would have seen this before I left! ....I guess there's always next time.. I do go pretty often.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  20. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

I assume you are back? How was New york? I'm still in Texas...very hot