1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

A Nest Divided: A Sam the Eagle Story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by charlietheowl, Aug 13, 2012.

1. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

So how's the writing coming along Charlie?
    :o: He didn't know it'd be so rough.
    Mmm, let us know if you need help with anything then. *Goes to work on own projects. :)

Gorgon Heap and charlietheowl like this.
  2. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Favorite parts:
    - "third-degree battery"
    - the Thog reference
    - "ersatz duo"
    - Piggy pulling strings re: the rewards gate
    - a reference to eagles being able to fly
    - Monticello
    - a book all about the Monroe Doctrine
    - cockroaches claiming squatter's rights
    - packing a lot of clothes for someone who doesn't wear any
    - "penguins left yesterday"
    - "safer conversational territory"

This is top-notch stuff, and I don't consider myself a particular slouch when it comes to writing or critiquing.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole[/QUOTE]

3. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

Busted up laughing at this. Finding just the right reference is the difference between a good line and a great one. Kudos! Or kudus, even!
    [​IMG]

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

4. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I want to issue my sincerest apologies to everyone about the upcoming chapter. I know it's been forever, and I scrapped the entire thing earlier this year to start over, seeing as it's such a pivotal one that needs to be right. But the words aren't coming as quickly as they used to, or even at all. I've been dealing with a lack of time because of work, and the return of my great personal nemesis, depression is not helping matters at all. I'm trying, but things are coming in trickles if at all. So I don't know when this next chapter will be posted, it could be soon, it could be Christmas. But this story is NOT dead and will be seen to its end.

Thank you.

TheWeirdoGirl and theSHE124 like this.
  5. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Amen, bro! Keep on writing! :jim:

charlietheowl likes this.
  6. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

That's okay, Charlie. You are more consistent than me!

charlietheowl likes this.
  7. aebthegofer

aebthegofer Member

I just staring reading this. I love it so far! Can't wait for more!

I usually don't pay attention to the ads at the bottom of the screen, but after reading the chapter where Andrew gets fired for not liking Rod Stewart, there have been three Amazon ads for a Rod Stewart CD!

~Aeb;)

charlietheowl and theSHE124 like this.