1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

A new Muppet webcomic

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by The Narrator, Nov 14, 2008.

1. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

Wow, it's been a while since I've visited the site. When the Palisades Muppet toy line crashed, my Muppet enthusiasm sort of crashed with it and while I still was purchasing the seasons as they came out on DVD, I didn't really feel like discussing Muppets that much. They say time heals all wounds, though, and now I'm back. And with a whole new webcomic plug!

This month, I launched a new Muppets-themed webcomic in the virtual pages of Collector Times Online. New strips will be presented each month (around the 1st or 2nd) as each online issue is released. The comic can be found in, appropriately, the "Comics" section of the site.

It's been a blast pulling my Palisades Muppet toys out of storage for use in the comic and, since I'm no longer focusing solely on Pigs In Space (as I was for my older Pork Factor 9 comic), I finally get to use all the Muppet toys at my disposal!

Of course, now, more than ever, I do wish that there had been a Veterinarian's Hospital playset and figs made. But I'll make do.

Anyway, you can check out the initial not-quite-officially-launched comic in this month's (November 2008) issue. Hope you guys enjoy!
  2. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Great photography, a nice look compared to most other figures comics. I look forward to seeing more!

BTW, on a completely different note, is your avatar art from Fallout 3?
  3. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

It is from Fallout 3. That game has sucked all my free time away!
  4. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Do you have a link to the webcomic itself?

BJ
  5. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

Because I don't run the site, the URL might change every month, but I guess I can always keep you guys updated. Here's th e link to the preview comic. Officially, the shenanigans begin in the January issue, but I'll have a December issue gift up in half a month.
  6. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

I will be getting it soon, but I'm picking up Left 4 Dead first. Do you play on the PC or are you on Xbox LIVE or PS3?

So back to the comic: what's the premise of the comic? Can we expect to see any custom figs or crossovers with other toy lines?
  7. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

I play most of my games on my XBox 360. The games I want tend to come out on it before the PS3 and it has the most DLC (barring the PC, of course, but I prefer action games on a console).

Come January, each year will introduce a new show built around the original Muppet Show format. The guest of each show will use a toy from a different line. I'm trying to either get artsy and crafty, myself (but I'm much better with phrases or a camera than a pencil or x-acto knife), or perhaps acquire some custom builds for certain... special features.

The goal is classic Muppet Show humor in today's world and webcomic form.
  8. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

looks good so far.. can't wait to see more! keep up the good work :D
  9. erniebert1234ss

Well, thanks! That was hilarious!

BJ
  10. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

11. erniebert1234ss

Enjoyed thoroughly!

BJ
  12. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

Well, the holiday season is over and I've not had much time to post during the season... but I did manage to get not one, but two comics up for January. The Muppet Times has officially begun and you can view the latest acts below (note, that links for each post are only valid for the month they're posted. I hope to have an archive in Deviant Art starting February for past comics):

Season 1, Act 1

Season 1, Act 1.5
  13. I love these! I think I mentioned that before when viewing some of your other work, but I'll gladly say it again. Question: what kind of lighting and camera(s) are you using when creating the images?
  14. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

I use a Microsoft LiveCam VX-6000 webcam for photography. For smaller comic-style photos, I think it works better than my digital camera--and is easier to rig up in unique positions. I'm still working on lighting. I take the photos in my home office, which has a standard overhead light and a nearby window. To help with the glare, I use a positional office light, which I point at the ceiling and, sometimes I'll bring in a standing lamp and use that for lighting. I switched lighting sources multiple times in the course of these comics, to try to accommodate for the darker figure and the glare off other figures. My biggest goal is to always keep the Muppet figures texture showing, as I like the depth it gives them. Some day I'll clean up the rest of my office so that I can take pictures of what goes into making these comics. ...Writing them is the easy part!
  15. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

It's the first of the month and that means Muppet Times has a new issue! Since the back issues of Collector Times can be hard to search, you can also catch up on previous months at my website, here. (And, if you don't quite get this month's reference, it might be because you're not yet familiar with my previous effort: Pork Factor 9.)
  16. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

It's the start of a new month. That means there's another act of Muppet Times up on CollectorTimes.com. Enjoy!
  17. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

HAHAHA! VERY funny! Great writing! Impressive posing, too! I really like these! Glad to see a new web comic making the rounds!
  18. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

Thanks, prawncracker! See, this is why I like action figures with lots of articulation. :D
  19. The Narrator

The Narrator New Member

Been a bit too busy at the office lately to do much more than surf forums and not reply to the posts I want to reply to. But at least I'm still on schedule with Muppet Times! The archives have also been updated on my own site, which you can visit by clicking this link. Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy making them!