A none too happy update

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm here for the day for this one post, maybe a couple more, but other than that, don't be mistaken that I'm coming back for good or even temporary.

While I cannot safely say that things were looking up that much, things were being handled. I'm still having a miserable go, but things were moving in some direction at a glacial speed. There was a semblance of progress amid things that actually got worse since I left a few months ago. Yep. Things did get worse as expected. I've got non-fatal bad medical news because I finally got insurance again. I was apparently as an adult told I had mild autism all along and had the excuse "well, they just didn't have the diagnoses back in the 80's." But I was getting help with my ever growing depression and things were actually starting to look, shockingly enough, almost kinda up. I mean, I had a great time at a convention I desperately needed. Even bumped into fellow MC'er Muppetdude. It was great meeting him. Even went out of my socially awkwardness and talked to a lot more people recently. Otherwise, I'd say if you met me in real life I'd just give you a nod and a "mmmm-hhhmmm" if you talked to me.

Heck, things were looking good. I almost considered coming back here in a while once I got enough stuff together to start doing internet critic video reviews (being late to the party as always). Something that would have been very difficult for me to want to do otherwise.

And you can see where this is going.

Major set back today.

Woke up to some nice abuse on my Deviant art page. Yeah. So if you were planning to follow me there, I'm giving that one up too. And aforementioned video cartoon reviews? You can forget about that as I have. I just can't take the internet outside of watching videos anymore. Maybe I'm too thin skinned, maybe I've taken too much abuse by others as a kid and teenager. But if we're going for the old "straw that broke the camel's back" metaphor, said camel has been crushed flat by an infinite and steady stream of straw long ago. I really really want to say I can handle this, but...well...I'm not so much a broken man so much a man that was pulverized into dust, had the dust mixed with water to become clay, only to be shaped into the same form to be broken and pulverized again.

I wish, WISH, I came back saying "everything is great, and the only reason I'm not returning full time is because I'm too darned busy with great stuff." Rather than saying essentially "If you were worried about me before, you're really gonna hate this..."

And yes, I'll take the time to appreciate the "Aw, sorry to hear that"'s in advance while already expecting the trollish "Nyeh heh heh. I'm really a 40 year old that lives in his parents basement or some spoiled fatso 13 year old with terrible parents because cheap laughs are the best" comments.

So yeah. That.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Drtooth, buddy, just want to say I wish you well in whatever you choose to do. We've missed your presence around here, but can understand your decision to simply vanish for the time being. Good luck with all your projects. :jim:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Aw, buddy. My heart's aching for you, it really, really is. I went through a tough time in my life somewhat recently as well, I hope you get out of this. Still praying for you. And if you ever wanna talk, you know you can talk to us. Anyways, we've really missed you 'round these parts. Very happy you came back to give us an update.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that this is all happening to you right now. I feel really bad and I wish you well in life and the other things that you choose to do. Hope that you really come back soon though.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So awesome to see you back and hear that you're making so much progress in your life, but at the same time it sucks that you're being assaulted by so many morons on the web who have nothing better to do than to tear others down to make their own miserable lives seem better. :frown:

I myself have made a lot of progress with finding employment, but at the same time am getting sick of all the rejections from employers, and it makes me feel like they all have it in for me. I hope all goes well in your life and wish you the best of luck. :smile:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I'm here for the day for this one post, maybe a couple more, but other than that, don't be mistaken that I'm coming back for good or even temporary.

While I cannot safely say that things were looking up that much, things were being handled. I'm still having a miserable go, but things were moving in some direction at a glacial speed. There was a semblance of progress amid things that actually got worse since I left a few months ago. Yep. Things did get worse as expected. I've got non-fatal bad medical news because I finally got insurance again. I was apparently as an adult told I had mild autism all along and had the excuse "well, they just didn't have the diagnoses back in the 80's." But I was getting help with my ever growing depression and things were actually starting to look, shockingly enough, almost kinda up. I mean, I had a great time at a convention I desperately needed. Even bumped into fellow MC'er Muppetdude. It was great meeting him. Even went out of my socially awkwardness and talked to a lot more people recently. Otherwise, I'd say if you met me in real life I'd just give you a nod and a "mmmm-hhhmmm" if you talked to me.

Heck, things were looking good. I almost considered coming back here in a while once I got enough stuff together to start doing internet critic video reviews (being late to the party as always). Something that would have been very difficult for me to want to do otherwise.

And you can see where this is going.

Major set back today.

Woke up to some nice abuse on my Deviant art page. Yeah. So if you were planning to follow me there, I'm giving that one up too. And aforementioned video cartoon reviews? You can forget about that as I have. I just can't take the internet outside of watching videos anymore. Maybe I'm too thin skinned, maybe I've taken too much abuse by others as a kid and teenager. But if we're going for the old "straw that broke the camel's back" metaphor, said camel has been crushed flat by an infinite and steady stream of straw long ago. I really really want to say I can handle this, but...well...I'm not so much a broken man so much a man that was pulverized into dust, had the dust mixed with water to become clay, only to be shaped into the same form to be broken and pulverized again.

I wish, WISH, I came back saying "everything is great, and the only reason I'm not returning full time is because I'm too darned busy with great stuff." Rather than saying essentially "If you were worried about me before, you're really gonna hate this..."

And yes, I'll take the time to appreciate the "Aw, sorry to hear that"'s in advance while already expecting the trollish "Nyeh heh heh. I'm really a 40 year old that lives in his parents basement or some spoiled fatso 13 year old with terrible parents because cheap laughs are the best" comments.

So yeah. That.
Don't give up DeviantArt.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
You know the problem is not you. It's other people, which really who cares what other people say or think. You have to be true to yourself, and if someone can't accept that oh well it's there loss. You can't control what other people say or think. You can choose how you deal with it.
One thing that I think Jim Henson and almost all Muppet productions have taught us is to no matter what always be yourself!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The internet is a world of trolls who say nasty things? Say it ain't so!

You did say that over the last few months you saw some progress. That's moving in some direction. That's better than being stuck where you were.

It's hard sometimes, but you have to expect good things to happen to you.
If you expect bad things to happen, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN.

People don't want bad things to happen to them, so they lower their expectations (sometimes to almost nothing), or worse, they don't even bother trying anymore.

The worst two words in the English language are "I can't".

My final thought... YOU CAN.
Take that for what it's worth.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Hey, I can't say I have had as much abuse as an adult, but most of my childhood & teen years I was the target of mockery. And spent my 20s & much of my 30s severely depressed. So, if ever you want to vent or just chat, hit me up. I only recently stopped back in here, & I miss you as well.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Uggghh...sorry that all this is happening to you ,Drtooth
As far as your art page goes , don't let the imbeciles get you down . You worked hard on your page .
It's fun meeting people from Online isn't it huh? (I haven't met any MCers ,but I hope to someday . I've met others from Online)
Hope your health improves. I'll keep you in my good thoughts