A possible Muppet Movie topic

Bill Pentler

Reaction score
I've had a Muppet Movie idea rolling around in my head for a few years and figured that this would be the best place to air it. One of my favorite characters from the show has always been the Phantom of the theater who, for those of you who can't remember what he looks like, has an image posted in the upper right corner of the picture located on the Guides page. The movie idea would offer aspects of the Muppet Show which would offer a great format to celebrate this or future anniversaries. It would be a take off of the Phantom of the Opera but in this one Miss Piggy would find him, demand to be tutored and he would do everything in his power to get her out of his hidden caverns under the theater, a reverse of the prisoner scenario of the original movie. The rest of the crew would be searching for her and tripping over assorted stars in varied areas of the caverns and the theater. I've always felt that this has a great potential and would take us all back to many of the aspects of the show that we all loved. Let me know what you think and/ or if the big wigs see this and you like it, please give me some credit for the idea. Later.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
First off, welcome aboard, Bill!

Second, sounds pretty neat. I've always thoguht more of the Muppet Show should be brought into the movies.

Beauregard

Reaction score
That sound good. I have always liked Uncle Deadly too.

What did he do as the Phantom?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

You might want to check the outline for the Twiggy episode at the "guides" part of this webpage. That should tell you more.

Bulldawg

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter
I've always thoguht more of the Muppet Show should be brought into the movies.
me too. it could be done in a "Monty Python's And Now For Something Completly Different" style.
basically ...a really long show.

Bill Pentler

Reaction score
Uncle Deadly?

Thanks for the responses one and all. I didn't understand the Uncle Deadly reference. I was under the belief that the Phantom was just that and didn't have a different name. Any confirmation on this and do you think they'll ever make a figure of him? I'd be jazzed about it.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Uncle Deadley as a Palisades figure is a possibility. If it comes to be, it won't happen until 2004 though.

Salmoto

Reaction score
Well actually, alot of characters from the original muppet show have been either postponed or discontinued now that Palisades has gotten the movie and TV licences. Beauregard was on e of the postponments, as well as a "Plantet Koozebane" playset with reporter Kermit.