A Puppet Design a Day

mrhogg

Reaction score
Hey all,

In addition to doing my daily puppet rants for the next three (well, 2.5 at this point) weeks, I'm also putting up at least one puppet design every day for 3 weeks.

If you're curious to see what my designs are -- I'm going to try to be as creative as possible, and come up with designs in many different styles -- you can look at them here:

http://www.hoggworks.com/tag/designaday/

Three days in, I've got 9 designs. So it's a little more than 1 per day. :smile:

I hope you dig the designs!

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
You stole my idea! HAHAHA... Kidding..
But I do have something very similar going on.
It started back on 10/20/08 and it will go for at least one year
A Puppet A Day
One puppet, that I've built, every day for one year (or more)
I've dug into all my boxes of puppets, and pictures of them - the one's I don't have anymore, and I post one every day. Some a good, some are bad, but it's fun to see them all!

Feel free to post comments on them!
JB

mrhogg

Reaction score
I remember seeing that, very cool!

I suppose it would be more impressive if I were able to do a finished puppet-a-day for a year, but it's WAY quicker to do a design for one. :smile:

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
I wish I could make a puppet a day!
I dug these out of the archives, and as i make new ones I post them too.
It's a fun challenge to make sure I go a whole year. As i make new ones I add them into the mix. Like the one going up the day after Christmas is a new one, etc...
With everything I have now if I just posted them and no new ones I'd be covered till mid-March! I'm making a bunch of commisioned puppets for holiday gifts so that's a good chunk to add in to the mix...
And we're making a few new web-series next year. So I'll be busy enough!

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If someone does a puppet a day, I'll be impressed. :wink:

mrhogg

Reaction score
If I could, I definitely would.

10 days into my challenge (about half-way through), I have 27 designs up. Now, to be fair, 10 were ones I already had drawn up, and put in in case I didn't actually get to add a new design each day, but that still leaves 17 designs I've done so far, over 10 days. So I'm pretty jazzed about that.

And many of the designs are stylistically a bunch different, so it's not just variations on a theme. And I'm pretty jazzed about THAT.